1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

392 results found

1. Typeface recognition and OCR.

OCR would be great from images. Typeface recognition would be even better, but I would like to see that implemented better than what's currently implemented in Photoshop, which is not very good at identifying fonts other than fairly standard ones. Sensei might be a good fit for this. Please take a look at WhatTheFont.com and make the recognition at least as good as that.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. More Detail in Font Find/Replace - Include Details to Assist Tracking Down Correct Font

When working with files that reference missing fonts, sometimes it is necessary to find the exact font but there is little to go on other than the font name displayed. If font information was stored such as version, type of font (TrueType, OpenType, Type-1, etc...), foundry, version, date, etc...it would make it far more efficient to track down the correct font.

For example, when working with product labels, etchings or logos often it is necessary to use the exact font to maintain consistency in manufactured products. Having little more to go on than a name makes it extremely difficult. This…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix warp type effects

This has probably be stated before, but has long been an issue with warping text. It plain sucks, especially on an arc unless you use the type on a path tool.

Many moons ago there was a plug-in called Kai's Power Tools, KPT Vector Tools. It worked perfectly with one click and than for those that know Kai the creator vanished and updates were never made. It stopped working at Illustrator 9 for me.

I am sure at Adobe there are many programming geniuses that can make the current warp effects work much better.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Order of Text Appearance

Adobe Illustrator, it would be greatly appreciated if the text appearance is adjusted to have "Fill" placed above " Outline color" when adding a new fill.

This change would be particularly beneficial for users like myself who frequently use stroke attributes, especially for creating outlined text.

Please consider this request, and thank you for your attention.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add option to scale point type from the baseline, rather than bounding box

It would be really useful to be able to scale text from the baseline - often I have text positioned in a layout and want to resize it, but as it scales from the bounding box it then requires lining up again.

I'd suggest a tool that allows the user to scale from the text baseline. for multiline text there would probably need to be a way of selecting which line to scale from - maybe a first / last line toggle, and an option of placing a cursor and that would be the line to scale from?

I know…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring back the feature where the text stays on the screen when moving through the a text block

In the not-so-distant pass, when kerning in AI using the arrow keys, the screen would move along with the cursor as you went through the copy so you didn’t have to stop kerning to reposition the cursor, it followed along and even returned to the next sentence in the text. Which is still the case with InDesign, it works beautifully. But now that no longer happens in AI. Now when you are kerning using the arrow keys the screen no longer moves along with the cursor, when you reach the end of the text that is visible on your screen…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto spell checker underline and hidden characters should disappear in Trim View

When switching to “Trim View”, grid and lines and bleed and anything outside the artboards disappear, providing a nice preview of the document you’re working on.

However the red zigzag underline of the auto spell checker and the symbols from Show Hidden Characters are not hidden, so that the preview is still cluttered with working tools.

It should probably behave like the Preview mode in InDesign (W) and only shows the artwork.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Inline graphics

It is important when you want to create bullets with Glyphs you can simply insert the type tool next ot the sentence and make it part of the sentence (like in Design)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let us Favourite fonts during font search

Right now you can favourite fonts, but only during browsing fonts normally. If you search for fonts there is no favourite column in the results.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Check Spelling function should ignore placeholder 'Lorem ipsum' text

The automatically generated placejolder text should not be picked up by the 'Check Spelling' function

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow the user to choose artboards for spell check

Allow the user to choose artboards for spell check, every time I make new changes it scans the complete document. If the user knows which artboard needs spell check or which range would be easy for people like me who suck at writing correct spelling.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Installing new fonts don't automatically list in Illustrator unless I restart the App.

Hi there,

When I activate a new font in my font management app (in this case FontExplorer), the font doesn't show up in Illustrator. I have to quit Illustrator and reopen it in order to see the new font. In the past I didn't have this issue only in recent updates to Illustrator. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks so much

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove Local Overrides button for paragraph styles

InDesign has it, Illustrator should too.
    Just a single local change, like font colour, and the text looses its paragraph style. The link might still be active since there is a + shown in the paragraph styles window, but changes in the style does not effect the localy changed text anymore. Maybe this is wanted, but I would love a Remove Local Overrides button like the one in InDesign. It resets all local changes and forces the paragraph style back on the text. Even with multiple textboxes with multiple styles selected.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Resize Area Type from Transform Pane

When you try to set a size for an Area Type text in the Transform pane, it currently distorts the text along with changing the size of the area. This strikes me as inconsistent with resizing the area from the bounding box resize handles, and also undesirable (am I missing a use-case where you'd want the text to be distorted in this situation?)

I recently became aware there are width/height inputs in Type > Area Type Options but these are cumbersome.

I propose the Width / Height inputs in the Transform pane behave as in Area Type Options.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tab Indent. Just like Indesign. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Setting Tab Indents with bullet points, like InDesign.
    Being able to tab, set measurement and line up paragraph indents.

We need this because there are times when we do packaging/signs that have bullets that need tab indents that are controllable and that line up to the text on the next line.

Shortcut = Command + | (set line indent)

Every designer has wanted this for decades.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow to embed fonts to documents/PDFs and convert them to outlines when opened/imported

As we primarily use Illustrator for creating our print files for our Printers, it would really help our workflow to be able to open, supposedly print ready PDFs from our Clients, with embedded fonts (partial family or whole set) and to be able to convert to vector outline before closing and passing on to our printers without the need for the us to have the same fonts our self. If font licensing is the issue a button option to auto convert to outline as the file is opened via Illustrator would negate that problem..

I'm requesting this as we are…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can you please add the text recognition (OCR) feature from Acrobat DC Into Illustrator

Can you please add the text recognition (OCR) feature from Acrobat DC Into Illustrator, I have been producing Emergency Evacuation Diagrams using Illustrator for 10 years, I get supplied with scans and non editable PDF files that I have to recreate. The ability for Illustrator to recognise text would be a huge time saver and I know a lot of other people would also benefit from this function. It is available in Acrobat DC but getting the text from Acrobat into Illustrator is not easy. There is a third party organisation that offers this service but it is very expensive,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow font size, leading to be blank in paragraph & character styles (as in InDesign).

In InDesign, you can leave the font size of a paragraph or character style blank, allowing you to apply a style while preserving the font size that's already set (critical for different sized documents). In Illustrator, while you can create a style with a blank size, it automatically reverts to 12pt.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Filter fonts by language

Please add a filter that allows to see only a selected language in the font list.
    Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Somehow save font info after outlining.

It sure would be pretty awesome if there was a way to record what the font was while outlining for future reference.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base