1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. compare .ai files

similar to compare PDF's in acrobat - the ability to compare differences between ai documents. this is useful sometime if comparing artworks pre press or outlined versions compared to live type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Close all other document tabs.

I would find it really useful, if I could right click on a document tab and select "close other tabs" as I often have lot's of tabs open and eventually only want to work on a single tab. Instead of closing all one by one, this could be solved with a single click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add outline stroke button to pathfinder window

But a button that in the pathfinder window that outlines the stroke.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a Shortcut feature to Change Illustrator UI Color🔴🔘⚫

Please add a Shortcut feature to Change Illustrator UI Color like Adobe Photoshop (Ctrl+Shift+F1/F2)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The property bar can be made better.

I am a designer from Russia and I am delighted with the "properties" panel. The idea of ​​making the panel universal is fascinating. I see the future of Ai in the fact that the program itself will open the necessary settings, depending on the selected object. Unfortunately, the "properties" panel is far from ideal, but I am sure that it is the future. My idea is this. This panel cannot be used by beginners, so the explanations are meaningless. I think all explanations should be removed, and functions should be replaced with buttons. Then, perhaps, this panel will fit everything…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please provide an option (either in the preference panel or in a tools window) to turn off number scrolling.

Currently if I open the properties panel and enter a number into one of the windows-like width-I then hit return and go to move my mouse and the numbers start scrolling up or down (along with the selected object in the drawing). I would like an option to turn off this scrolling feature. I spend a lot of time fixing things that have changed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do the 'Effects menu' as the After Effect's

Why don't you make the AI effects menu as practical as the AE's menu? It is much easier to type in what do you want.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Character and paragraph options should be deployed more easily in Properties and remain if desired

Hello,

I work in the printing house, and we make labels, our main software in this environment is Illustrator, it lacks a lot of things which are very useful in InDesign or Photoshop and winch cannot be found in Illustrator.

Among these missing I find that the property panel should be improved, for example as for InDesign, the character and paragraph options should be deployed more easily and remain if desired without having to deploy the menu each time you use it.
    It also lacks the overprint object option.

Sorry I am French and I have google translate translate.

Thank…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unlock individual items

Please add the ability to unlock individual items (instead of having to unlock all, then relock all but the one you need). We've been working around this for years, so when I noticed it was available in XD, I thought I'd ask for it to available in Illustrator

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator allows to unlock individual objects on canvas, if you enable 'Select and Unlock object on Canvas' option in Preferences, Selection & Anchor Display section.

Also, you can right click on the spot that has your locked object, choose Unlock and then this item by its name, without enabling that option.

10. Clicking on a "Corner" type before dragging corner nodes should stick to the selected corner type

For text, when you open the Character menu and change an option, it "sticks" for when you type text the next time-- if this reverted back to default every time, it would become infuriating for sure.

With the corner widget menu, shouldn't the menu buttons "stick" to a certain corner type for the next corner you select? I know you can use the arrow keys to go through the corner types each time you select a corner (which is useful) but for some workflows it is cumbersome.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Two Inconsistencies: current document name centered in the app header, Duplicate Layer in the context menu

I have always found Adobe apps to be consistent across all of the apps. But I noticed two in consistencies in Illustrator, and they bug me. 1. I'd love to see my file name centered at the top of the application. 2. I'd love to be able to right click in the Layer panel to duplicate a layer.

Of course, let me know if I am over looking something.

Ben

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Windows start menu tile color bug in windows version 20H2

So after updating my windows version to 20H2 (2009),
    I found out both of the PCs have the same problem of the weird background color of the pinned tile.
    See the picture to have a better understanding.
    I don't know whether this is a windows or adobe's problem.
    But it only happens on adobe apps

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reflect in Transform window

In the Transform window (Window > Transform), you can resize, rotate, move, shear, but not reflect. How come ? Why not systematically give the user the choice between window commands and menu commands? After all these years?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 右クリック メニュー

オブジェクトを選択してすぐに、右クリックでメニューを出したくてもでません。数秒空けるか、カーソルを少しズラすか、control+左クリックであればメニューが出るのですが、CS時代の操作方法に慣れているので、オブジェクトを選択して即座に右クリックができる方が断然使いやすいので、改善してください。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disable default shortcuts

Illustrator has an insane number of available shortcuts all enabled by default. As a casual user of Illustrator, I end up accidentally pressing a random configuration of keys simultaneously, only to then have to spend half an hour figuring out what happened and which keys I need to press to undo my mistake.

Some of the default shortcuts are simply too advanced for casual users and should be disabled by when starting on a new account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customizing any toolbar by right click on any empty space on it

customizing any toolbar by right-clicking in an empty space as well as the three dots underneath any toolbar.
    Illustrator becomes popular for developers around the world and every day there is a new plugin to enhance working in Illustrator. but in some small resolution PC / Laptops when some plugins add new tools the toolbar becomes very tall and could not reach the (customize this toolbar) the three dots that arrange and customizing my tools.
    this feature will allow managing any numbers of tools as well as managing the toolbars itself. and it will improve the user experience related to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. gestures

Make it so Windows version of Adobe programs are capable of all gestures such as zoom and pan/scroll. This works perfectly fine on my MacBook, but on Windows I'm only able to chose if I can scroll/pan or zoom, but cannot zoom and pan. This makes working with the program extremely difficult and infuriating when it's such a simple feature that works in every other basic program.

I don't understand how this is still an issue when this has been posted on every Adobe forum for several years now. Especially now that you can't just purchase and own the programs,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Ability to paste an object precisely where we want it to be in the layers panel

This feature, in particular, will be very time-saving cos I often find myself dragging the pasted object a good distance in the layers panel so that it is where I exactly want it to be.

Currently pasting works such that when we try to paste an object, it gets pasted at the very top of the highlighted/targetted layer. We know that Illustrator already differentiates between "targetting" and "selecting" an object or layer, so that's great. But I'd like to make use of that so as to be more productive and save a lot of time for myself.

I've attached an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make link addresses flow in Illustrator's Links palette if the palette is too narrow

Please make link addresses flow in Illustrator's Links palette so that a placed image whose path is lengthy doesn't force the palette to expand (endlessly) to the right, forcing palettes joined to its right off the screen. It's disruptive to have to resize palettes when an image is placed. Heaven help us when it's an image from Adobe Stock in the Library!

I've posted this request for at least two or three years now. I can hardly imagine I'm the only one with any distaste for the behavior.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the zoom error

Zoom error when edit artboard name. Illustrator automaticaly zoom 1700% and miss the pixels, after I zoom out a bit, there are the real pixels on 1600%.
    Every time I edit an artboard name, I must check, that my icon ruined or only the bug... please why?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base