When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SCREEN IS ALL BLACK ON OPENING EXISTING FILE

Just updated to latest version of Illustrator this morning and when I open an existing file to work on it, the entire art board is BLACK. Only way to fix the problem is resize the Mac art board window. My whole team is experiencing this problem. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

Also copy-and-paste from illustrator to indesign seems like it has been disabled as well. Come on, folks... this is not good.... Super unhappy.

We have reverted back to the previous version in the meantime.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Panel Stroke

After the upgrade to version 22.1, the profile is no longer open on the stroke panel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Radial interface (popup) for previewing ALL THE SWATCHES.... S I M U L T A N E O U S L Y.

If a user wants to preview ALL the swatches in the swatch library at once, the time and sequence of events to do so is extremely unnecessarily tedious.

"Preview all swatches" button -> BAM: radial view of all swatches on screen. (doesn't even have to be legible. text can be upside down. Maybe rotate it with the mouse wheel. Click one swatch set -> then Bam! That's the swatch docked to the panel. All the others dissapear. or "Unsummon the swatches" button.

"Smithers Release the hounds"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ✋"Handedness-Modes" FOR EVERYONE! 🖑SAVE THE LEFTIES! ✋🖑 ✌ DEF LEPPARD ROCKS!!!

Handedness is often overlooked. Also, it is scientifically less-understood.

DEAR ADOBE: You are uniquely positioned to study handedness in a way that has potentially never been more insightful. Please invest in tech-development, research, and design to make your tools unique, more efficient, and more useful for left-handed, right handed, ambidextrous, or custom users (either hand preferences, foot pedals, or other). This includes interface, hotkeys, and mental models, interactivity, etc. Potentially, a "righty" could learn from "lefty"mode. And vice-versa. "Everyone/standard" mode is critical. However, why not introduce development towards understanding and helping HUMANITY understand handedness. Also, Some users may not have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Note field in Attributes keep content after relinking image with a note

I use Note field in Attributes palette to make notes about my objects.
    Especially, I use it to write down information about original sizes of my linked images. Unfortunately, when I relink my images, these notes got vanished.

It was said to me that it is by design.
    Well, no.
    I change the link to the image, but not the object itself.
    Please make AI treat my data a bit better and don't delete my notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I use a MacBook with Touch Bar it would be great if there was a way for the touch bar to mirror the top options menu. File, Edit, Object etc

I use a MacBook with Touch Bar it would be great if there was a way for the touch bar to mirror the top options menu. File, Edit, Object etc. So if I click file all the file options open up then you can keep going into options. The current touch bar options leave a lot to be desired and I think this is a way to greatly improve the use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More options for 'New Window'

When opening a 'New Window' a user currently can select different zoom levels to view a specific area in a document (full document view in one window and a macro view in the second window). I call this view 'aligned'.

The reason I call it aligned is represented by this scenario (at least this happens for my installation): the main document shows the top of a document containing a text block; the second window shows the bottom of a document also containing a text block - assume both windows are floating so that both are visible at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. High Sierra (macOS 10.2.6), Illustrator CC 2018

Application Bar gets disabled every time I switch on Application Frame. Please Fix the issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Memorize Size & Positon Tick Box of And Object

I woulds like to have memorized the size or position of some object by some tick box in the properties of AI this will help me compare with other object or move it later back where it was before.
    Currently i must create 2 objects and align them by X/Y with main object so when i move the main object i must use those 2 objects to move back main object.
    I hope you understand what i mean.
    Also if this is in wrong category please move it in the proper one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve User-Friendliness

I would enjoy Illustrator a lot more if I had the option to make the UI that of Photoshop's. It allows me to easily and quickly manipulate the layers, unlike in Illustrator. In illustrator, if I wish to change the opacity of a layer and solely a layer, I've found it to be impossible, since the opacity slider changes the opacity of my brush tool for future use, even if I manipulate its opacity back to 100%. Why is the desktop version of Illustrator so much less user-friendly than the free iOS and Android application versions? The only reason that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move & Scale by small decrease/increment of mouse wheel in properties

The idea is that when i use CTRL + Mouse Wheel to scale or move in properties any object or text the numbers are something like Y: 550.624 px when doing this they change to Y: 550.7 px i would like to be able it changes at small phase Y: 550.625 px or Y: 550.63 px so there will be 2 additional increments. Else i have to type this numbers manually.
    I would assign them to some keyboard numbers like hold 1, 2 or 3 + mouse wheel for each increment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Always show all the options of selected object in a properties panel!!

When an object is modified somehow, for instance; blend or type on path, always show the options. Preferably in the properties panel. Use a hierarchy for these options when there are more.
    Options and properties in illustrator are hard to find. That is why I still do not like Illustrator after more then 25 year of using Adobe products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deactivate unused functions

An option to deactivate unused functions. In that way we could not only deactivate keyboard shortcuts (which it's already doable), but also speed up loading times and work flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Easier (or any) control over objects in layers

When in a layer I create an object, I need to be able to access it easily and control its order in the layer window. so my suggestion is:
    right click also allows selecting an object - like in photoshop
    A function that allows me to choose 2 objects and arrange their order - right now we need to press move back until you get to the correct order, it's very frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow me to return to the interface that I've become accustomed to.

I absolutely hate updating Adobe Illustrator. This new Illustrator interface update is infuriating. The workflow that I've developed over years of working with this product is broken. I don't understand how anything works and I spend more energy wrestling with an interface that a just a short while ago was transparent to me than I do in the actual creative work that I am paid for. I'm sure you're proud of your work. I'm sure that you've tested it with naive users (I hope!) maybe even some seasoned users. But recognize that every time you make radical changes to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If an active text area is way off-screen, end text entry and treat keyboard input as shortcuts.

If you have been typing in a text area and pan away somewhere else, continuing to type results in the view port being dragged part of the way back to the active text area with the first key stroke and the rest of the way on the second.

Typing into an off-screen text area is almost always a mistake for me and usually results in a text area that is now empty except for a Space, V, T or A character from my most common keyboard shortcuts. I'd prefer if it just registered that I probably didn't want to type…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a panel setting to auto-expand "Layers" panel

Please add a panel option to the "Layers" panel to expand new layers by default. I'm sick of clicking it for each new document I create.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use arrow keys to kern letterforms

I would like to use arrow keys to visually kern letterforms, instead of having to enter numerical values = what you can do now only if you outline type. Thanks, Barry

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base