1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ashutosh

Too small to use?
    When scaling down a complex drawing especially one created by image trace it often says cannot complete the operation because it would make some objects too small to use. So how can i scale my group? Can you just disappear those objects? If they are too small to use they must be too small to see so make them go away. Or it could automatically select them so you have the option to delete them. It seems silly that i can't make something the size i need because a part of it is too small to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Variable data from XML file with Special Character like "&trade"; or "&reg" within a text field does not get populated - this is a BUG ale

Variable data from XML file with Special Character like "&trade"; or "&reg" within a text field does not get populated - this is a BUG alert

AI 23.0.3
    WIN 10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In Variables - "Data set " Name needs to be taking from external CSV file the same way as from XML file. Case Number ADB-6495411-N0N4

In Variables - "Data set " Name needs to be taking from external CSV file the same way as from XML file. Manual provides ZERO help.
    Function does not work.
    Meaning that Printing automation NOT exist and multiple output files renaming from default "DATA SET 1..2..3."manually - undermine whole "VARIABLE" function.

Please HELP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Problems with Illustrator crashing when printing ink separations as a PDF

I'm having problems with Illustrator crashing when printing ink separations as a PDF. I didn't have the issue before, but now I am. Thankfully I'm able to print my separations to the RIP just fine, so work can progress. However when I try to print separations as a PDF to look them over before sending to the rip, the program freezes and eventually crashes. Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be resolved?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Default iptc contact data

It would be nice if a user could enter his iptc contact data and if this data is automatically added to new files.
    (same for PS and ID)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. scale pattern not object

I was on the Ai help desk with Nikhail, and he told me to write to you - I do surface pattern design and you are supposed to be able to use the shortcut of S and ~ to scale pattern and not an object. But it pulls up th epen tool for me. We reinstalled latest CC and he worked on it for a long time to no avail .HELP! Otherwise you ahve to go through like ten steps to transform pattern and not object, everyone else in my class seems to be successful - I must have a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Nee to install Illustrator on Windows 2016 Server with Desktop Option

Need to modify illustrator script to either ignore window os version or allow to remove that check from the Illustrator install script.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need to Install Windows 2012 R2 Server

We need to be able to install and run Illustrator on Windows 2012 R2 server, and the latest version throws an error after checking windows os version, is there a way to modify this script.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. record

Wondering if you guys could incorporate a timelapse tool inside the app to record the artwork being done?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cannot open Illustrator CC 23.0.2 - does not open previous files and cannot start new file.

I am running CC on Mac OS 10.14.3 and after updating Illus CC to 23.0.2, Illus just won't open my files or start new ones. A document or illustrator screen is hidden and I can see it partially via a strip on the right side and bottom to the underneath layer. However, the progress wheel just turns and turns, and I have no access to toolbar or any way to fix the situation. I cannot use any of the tool bars or top menus.

I have tried restarting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling twice, restarted computer, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Place... Show Import Options" check box to be Persistent

When placing a multi page PDF without checking "Show Import Options", Illustrator will almost never place the first page of the PDF document. It more often places the second page, or the last. This is a big problem for us. We are tired of doing the wrong layout over & over. I would recommend that "Show Import Options" checkbox be persistent, and fix the bug that makes Illustrator NOT place the first page of a multi page PDF document if the "Show Import Options" check box is not selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Possibility to unlink several selected symbols at once with context menu command

At the moment it is not possible to unlink several selected symbols at once with the context menu command. Illustrator will unlink the symbol that is at the top in the layer panel.

If you use the symbol menu command to unlink the symbols all selected symbols are unlinked.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. crop ratio

In photoshop, you're able to apply ratios that lock the cropping viewframe which you're then able to position over the photo. This would be great for illustrator as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Width tool feature

Hi

As you can see from the file the split in the lower right corner is much bigger than the rest. And I was told that that is because AI treats the starting point of an object different. This makes it difficult to make symmetrict shapes without a lot of extra work.

Therefor I was hoping this was something You could do something about in a future update

with best regards

Mikal Lindoe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow calligraphic strokes for default fill/stroke

I regularly use a calligraphic stroke in my work. It would be good if a calligraphic stroke could be applied to the default fill/stroke settings via the Graphic Styles panel. This would save a lot of time in my daily workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically fit windows to screen when unplugging second monitor.

When I'm using a second (big) monitor with my laptop, and I unplug the 2nd monitor, the Illustrator windows remain huge but move to my laptop screen, and it's difficult to resize the windows down to fit. They should automatically detect the screen size and fit accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have ideas to improve the tools in Adobe Illustrator or to create an independent application to write arabic calligraphy

I was looking to contact Adobe team, i am an artist and calligrapher and graphic designer for more than 30 years.

I have ideas to improve the tools in Adobe Illustrator or to create an independent application to write arabic calligraphy to make a wonderfull peices of art using arabic calligraphic letters.

Also i have a library for more than 100 vector of this type of art which done by Adobe Illustrator, i held an exhibition in Amman-Jordan.https://www.facebook.com/ifonon/

I hope to show this art (calligraphics) through Adobe, this type of art collabroation of hand drawn and brushes in Adobe…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Conditional appearance panel

It would be great if you could use some conditional logic together with appearance panel, and possibility to pick individual characters/words (first/middle/last 1, 2,...characters). And also possibility to combine several styles under one appearance, together with some input panel for user interaction). That would make it possibility to do more repeat things that you now need an action for but instead could use a style. Because actions I have tried tend to have a lot of errors to them, sooner or later. So maybe this could become a more stable option and I can see how this can make Illustrator…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. export for web, hide extension box stays checked each at export

export for web, hide extension box stays checked each at export
    it has never been like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Appearance panel - Stroke on rectangle shape

I have a rectangle shape in my appearance panel. When I try to add a stroke to it, I get a row saying "outline stroke" (underdotted as if it should be able to change) and popup tips saying "click to edit effect". But nothing happens when trying to click to open stroke settings. So I'm not sure if this is a bug, feature request or simply me doing it wrong. Anyway, it seams to be meant to work, if not it would be great if you could add things like strokes to these shape rectangles/circles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base