When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve your UX/program behaviour for god's sake

Illustrator is the worst program I have ever work with, an that's an opinion I share with a lot of designers. Nothing is logic, everything is a nonsense and I lost A LOT of time trying to make so simple things. Photoshop is awesome, after effects is awesome, don't know what happen to you with Illustrator, but please make a review of how it works and fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create option to change order & position in which layers are duplicated or copy/pasted in the layers panel

Layer organization is extremely important to my work. I'm constantly duplicating layers using the select + alt feature, and constantly having to re-order layers because they automatically get placed above the layer I'm working on. I would like the option to make my duplicated layers go immediately below the layer I'm working on.

I would also like the option for copy/pasted layers to go immediately above/below the original layer, or all the way at the bottom.

I spoke to an Adobe rep on chat and they said this isn't currently possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 9-point magnetic object-to-grid (or-grid to-object) without smart guides

Could you consider a feature used in Esko Graphics (Artpro) for the placement of objects (9-point grid) to a crosshair or placing a crosshair to an object. This would expand current align and artboard functions into one clean and user friendly feature. Would also improve functions such as Mirror, Scale, Paste in place, copying to correct location across various files even if rulers are not set the same. For more details see: http://docs.esko.com/docs/en-us/artpro
    I can expand on this for you on request. Might answer a lot of similar requests into one new feature!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Common

Brings to light things for beginners as I.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can its possible to change the files inside number in running order on each file in a folder with action

Can its possible to change the files inside number in running order on each file in a folder with action

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When it will be fixed question.

Dear Developers of Illustrator CC and Management team, i have seen the list of all of your pretty names in about illustrator section and can now play "How many Kumars worked on the latest version" game. It may be different in your culture and menthality, like you have more patience, tolerance, you think strategically and working on the long term goals or such. But why do you think that a half cooked curry should taste as good as propery cooked? Why for the heavens sake do we have to spend more time working as your Quality Assurance, and have a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create design oriented PDF forms

It would be very helpful to have an option of creating PDF forms in Illustrator.
    Creating forms in Acrobat PRO is very clunky for anyone who needs more design oriented features. It would allow graphic designers to create editable PDF templates for products such as cards, invitations etc. Such templates are in a high demand, people want to purchase files that can be edited with ease and there are no good options for creating them.

Such feature would also be very helpful in InDesign for catalogs, brochures, anything with multiple pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give Illustrator stand alone software buy.........

You really should let ppl buy standalone software like Photoshop and Premiere is now..

WTF not with Illustrator? and the other softwares...

I won't be using it much so paying under a subscription is too much....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. (Prepress Futures 2) Channel mixer

I use a lot the Channel mixer option in photoshop, cause i need to convert CMYK photos into lets say CM plus 2 or 3 spot colors, then I need to do the same in illustrator for vector illustrations and I dont want to convert this vector into pixels, I wana keep it vector to mantain the quality.

I know I can import the file as a smart object into photoshop but better if I can do it directly in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe installers for Mac install corrupt files

Adobe installers for Mac install corrupt files, as shown by DiskWarrior "Files - Check All Files and Folders”. For instance:

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/LWA/amtservices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/._Info.plist

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/LWA/asneu.framework/Versions/A/Resources/._Info.plist

It would be great if Adobe checked that to make sure all files are OK before releasing installers. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PASTE OBJECTS ON ALL LAYERS

Can you add a option like paste an object on all layers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Leanguage

Please make the program for Polish users in Polish

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selection tool Problem when trying to click and move something.

Cannot drag or move the shapes and lines that i have been drawn when using the selection too and giving an irritating sound.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. patterns

I want the pattern to be able to connect more to the resulting repeat. With that I mean for example this.
    1) If I draw a line freehand, from left to right. Then I would like to be able to make a seamless repeat of that line. So at the right I can "connect" to the left end and join/smooth it together
    2) If I want 4 similar/identical things spaced evenly and repeated. Then I can distribute the group to space it evenly. But on the left and right side (or top/bottom) how do this spacing between the items gets…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. THi, I have a problem. I bought program Illustrator last mounth just for oné mounth and your company také me again money this mounth. I Wan

Hi,
    I have a problem. I bought program Illustrator last mounth just for oné mounth and your company také me again money this mounth.
    I Want my money back. I didn't use this program this mounth. I don't understant why you také me from my account Again money If I bought Illustrator just for oné mounth.

Thenk you for your answer.
    I tried to comunicate with your chat, but without response.

Markéta Reznickova

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Check Spelling" Back or Undo Last Button

Add a back button or Undo Last button in the "Check Spelling" dialog box. Many times I accidentally skip a word that needs correction and I have to restart "Check Spelling" from the beginning.

Other times I accidentally pick the wrong correction and have to quit "Check Spelling" undo the fix and restart the process all over again.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 単位の自動切り替え機能

カラー形式によって文字や線の単位を自動で切り替えてくれる、もしくは予めいくつか設定を保存しているものに切り替えるという機能が欲しいです。
    DTPとWebデザイン両方をIllustratorで行う場合、DTPはミリメートル、Webはピクセルと単位が異なるため、その都度環境設定から単位を変更するのが若干手間だと感じています。

例えばアートボードのカラー形式によって単位を変更する機能があるととても便利です
    (CMYKに設定すればミリメートル、RGBならピクセルになるという風に)
    ご検討のほどよろしくお願い致します。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For Illustrator software to work better with domain environment

We are currently getting a Preferences folder read-only error when Illustrator is opened by any domain user on any of our domain linked computers. Adobe technical support says that Illustrator currently is not tested for and is not approved to work in domain environments. This is preventing many users in our department from using this software.

I am requesting for Adobe Illustrator CC to be better compatible with domain environments.

Please see case# 0189187231 as a reference.

Thanks,
    Paul

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. dots (.) on units

when typing units, in any case (like sizing a square, or the width of a line), we were able to use the dot (.) for decimals, now it only reads the commas (,). So if i create a square (or any other object) and type on size something as: 3.5mm, it reads it as 35mm, if i want a 3.5mm square, i need to type 3,5mm (with a comma).

it is more practical to accept the dot, since it is right there at the numpad on the keyboard.

can we go back to that?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base