1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

312 results found

1. Remove canvas size limit

Can we please have the possibility to set bigger canvas size to incorporate large sized artwork.

(Please note: This item is NOT for more number of artboards per document)

955 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Rotation of the Artboard

Like in Photoshop it would be great if an Artist could rotate the artboard/canvas in Illustrator. If you draw a line from left to right it's never the same stroke as from up to down.

817 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Resize artboard&art inside it simultaneously

I just want to resize both artboard and art inside it.
    Currently, I've used beta 22.0.0, I can multiple select artboards, but I can't just scale art with artboard, I need to scale each one separately. Or scale art, then select Object->Artboards-> Fit To Selected Art...

But I want just like Ctrl+Mouse to scale them both.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Copy multiple artboards between files.

Copy, merge and save artboards between files. For example select multiple artboards, copy to other file, or save as .artboard file... Option to paste or merge this file/clipboard to other open document. Makes it easier to maintain libraries, icons, style elements etc in one file to work with or to share.

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

You may read about this functionality here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new/2020-1.html#cut_copy

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

5. Bleed View - a view mode that shows just the artwork

Add a view mode that shows only artwork on the artboards, like in InDesign. Where I don't see the bleed and the artwork on it.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

6. Increase Bleed Limit!

1 inch bleed limit may seem extreme for offset (usually 1/8") or packaging (1/4"), but people use Illustrator for all kinds of projects! Textile vendors want much more. The limit makes proofing annoying because we need to get approvals without bleed.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow to edit predefined and add new preset sizes for each document profile (like A1, A5...)

I regularly design flyers in A5 size and it would be great to have that as a new document preset in addition to A4 and A3

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lock, hide or deactivate artboards

An option to lock, hide or deactivate one or several artboards would improve working with multiple versions of graphics - especially when you you need to return to an earlier ittaration.

When saving to AI-file you have to erase the artbord (with the graphics floating in space) to get rid of the page.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ilustrator needs to have the option to use Animated Zoom in Outline Mode

When you switch to outline mode (Ctrl-Y) you immediately go back to the outdated and incredibly frustrating marquee-zoom tool instead of the new and much more efficient Animated Zoom tool to click and drag to zoom. Incredible program, but this is by far one of the most annoying and "I-want-to-rip-my-hair-out" features.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

10. Artboard background color needs to be user-assignable

We need to be able to change artboard background color.

Working on pure white is straining on the eyes and it's rarely appropriate for non-print projects (99% of my work). Having to draw colored rectangles, lock them or put them on separate layers, and then manage them when we resize or duplicate artboards is painful and tedious.

Let's have an icon for it next to the artboard name (in the Artboard palette) where we can choose a swatch (including transparent).

Let's support changing multiple artboard colors at once with multi-selection.

Thank you!

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Added a slug area in document setup

In InDesign's document setup, there are Slug settings in addition to Bleed.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/set-print-bleed.html

There is no a slug area in Illustrator. As a result, users are stacking another large artboard underneath the artboard as an alternative to a slug area. This situation should be remedied by adding Slug settings.

InDesignのドキュメント設定には、裁ち落としに加えて印刷可能領域の設定があります。
    Illustratorには印刷可能領域の設定がありません。そのためユーザーはかわりに別の大きなサイズのアートボードを下に重ねています。この現状は印刷可能領域の設定を追加することで改善されなければいけません。

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Moving Artboards and Locked Layers

The latest CC updates' new feature allows locked/hidden layers to move when you move an artboard. This doesn't make sense since locked should mean locked. I am running into problems now because my company uses a lot of artboards to make print-production files, and sometimes you need to re-arrange the artboards while working on the file.
    There should be a way to turn this feature on or off. Such as "keep locked/hidden layers locked when moving/duplicating artboards, or allow locked and hidden elements to move when artboard moves"

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

13. Page numbers

Please implement the ability to convert characters into current page numbers, identical to the InDesign feature. This would save extensive time and effort when creating documents in Illustrator, instead of manually doing this.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Artboard-specific Layers

When working with multiple artboards, it would be very helpful to have artboard-specific layers displayed on the Layers panel as opposed to one long blob of all layers from all artboards.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Layer Comps

Layer Comps like Photoshop but for Illustrator. If you do this, it should fix the problem of showing all the layers when I toggle the solo on and off. I love the solo but it would be nice if the solo remembered what layers were already off when I toggled the solo on. If this was try then when I toggle the solo off, the off layers should stay off.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Artboards do not snap to whole pixels

When the snap to pixel option is turned on and I use the Artboard Tool dragging the corner of the artboard results in random decimals.
    Say if my artboard is 512x512 and I drag a corner out it will now be dragging at every pixel but with a random decimal rather than a integer. this decimal will be the same at every snapped pixel until I let go. at this point if I move it again a new random decimal will be added.

These two screenshots show issue values. take not it is random and the X and Y values…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

18. Allow users to set direction for X and Y axes

Several versions ago Adobe decided to flip Y-axis, so origin now is placed TOP-left instead of BOTTOM-left, as it was before.
    They say it was done for compatibility with Photoshop and InDesign, which both have y-axis going down.

I think that breaking people's workflow, deciding only ONE direction is right, was wrong.

InDesign is a publishing software, it works with a flow. I don't know anybody who reads from bottom to up (RTL — yes). When you move an object there, you don't move it up, you move it backwards

Photoshop is raster graphics editor, it works with a readable…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Minus Front on Grouped Objects

Allow for the pathfinder to operate on groups of objects as if the group were one object. Possibly its own pathfinder function. If I am working with a group it is understood that I want to work with those items as one object. However, when using the pathfinder to minus front, and the object below is part of a group it just deletes the entire group along with the portion of the top object that I wanted to get rid of. When would that be useful? This will also be posted as a bug, because that is how I view…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to change layer visibility of linked files with Object Layer Options

Using linked ai documents in an Illustrator file is a great way to reduce the file load on the system, and also to work collaboratively. It would be nice to be able to toggle layers in placed psd and ai files in the same way that InDesign does (accessed via import options on place, or by right-click context menu).

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base