When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Go to element in layer panel

When working in a complex file, I'd like to be able to select an element and go straight to its layer in the layers panel. This would allow me to quickly lock layers and whole folders as necessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set application default Type and Paragraph menu options

I have Middle East/English installed b/c occasionally I need to do a ME translation and it is pointless to have to uninstall/reinstall each time. I would like the ability to set the application default for the following so that when you set up a new document, it defaults to the things you wanted. You can currently do this with tools, but not with the actual menus.

Type Menu:
    Font
    Lanugage
    Digits

Paragraph Menu:
    Alignment
    Paragraph Direction
    Composer type (e.g. Adobe Single Line composer)
    Type direction

You can do this in InDesign but not in Illustrator. Not sure why, but it's…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard dimension pop up box when using Artboard tool.

Would love for the Artboard tool in the tools panel to operate like the rectangle tool so that when you click inside the work space it pops open a box to input
    desired dimensions instead of dragging to desired dimension.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Toggle View Assets outside the Artboard

One of my favorite features in indesign is being able to toggle between a work view and a final preview view that make all grids, tools, and artwork outside the dartboard invisible so that I can see how the final composition looks on the page, and I think that would be a great feature for Illustrator, where areas outside the dartboard can be a jumbled mess of old work and saved previous versions, or artwork that peaks onto the page but hangs off it as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Measuring units & grid settings embedded to the document

It would be great if Illustrator would store the measure and grid settings with the document (tab and/or file), it would be cool for that users, who works on print and online materials simultaneously.
    So when I open the old document it would be brings those settings that I configured when I created it. Thank you so much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort content in links palette + User controlled preflight warnings

Added sorting ability in links palette would be very useful.
    Allowing me to sort by file size, alpha, date placed, date altered. Similar to finder or windows explorer. Allowing me to rearrange the columns to suit my needs.

A preflight indicator of any potential conflicts would be a nice add as well.
    CMYK doc with an RGB image placed. Unused nodes swatches, does this doc contain any overprint items, that kind of thing. In a perfect world I could set in prefs what I want warnings for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One click crop the artboard to exact size of artwork.

One click crop the artboard to exact size of artwork.

As common practice I adjust every artboard to the same size as the art. Seems an easy add to one click auto adjust.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Arrange all artboards reference point

I don't understand which is the starting point of the arrange all artboards, I thought it was the 0 (zero) of the global rulers, but after the arrange all commands the top left artboard is not align with the rulers.

Is there any answer to this or is it a bug?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edit Artboard with Double-Click

Enter the edit artboard with a double click instead of going through the whole process in order to resize and move the artboard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Making a light prezi like presentation mode inside adobe illustrator by defining views and a presentation view panel

Please add a presentation mode functionality, something like prezi or focusky like animations between views inside illustrator itself.

The user should have ability to define views inside art boards. Each view consists of scale, rotations and position like prezi, on every slide change the view changes animatingly between the views.
    For now I use Shift + page down and page up to switch between artboards. But not inside an artboard and not with animations. I push f twice and enter full screen and its cool. But there can be a lite presentation mode managed by a small panel, containing views,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please Return Ability to Hide the Application Frame

In Photoshop and InDesign we have the ability to hide the default application frame under the Window menu. Please return this option to Illustrator. It really messes up my workflow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Smart Guides HUD says 'Interect', when snapping to the Center of the Artboard

Since the introduction of Smart Guides, the info given when snapping to the center of the Artboard is incorrect. It says 'Intersect' in stead of 'Center'. This is confusing. We want to know if it is the Center we're snapping to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot key in units like cm, mm, etc.

Hi,
    In the most recent update that I have, 22.1, the ability to resize an artboard by typing in a number and its unit has been removed. Was this intended? Please restore this function as it makes working with various units more convenient. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Introducing Column feature for the Artboards panel

Having columns in the artboards will be great, Now, If we have more than 50 artboards, We spend a lot of time scrolling up and down just to replace artboards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artboards as masks

an option to hide the objects outside of an dartboard as in Photoshop CC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add option to group items within an Illustrator file without it loosing layer information

Grouping items in Illustrator means it looses all the layer information. While sometimes this is ok, or doesn't matter, it's frustrating at other times - could an option be introduced to 'keep layer information when grouping' (in much the same way that 'paste remember layers' works)?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change shortcut for paste in place/paste on all artboards to match Indesign

I'm in a workflow where I work simultaneously with Illustrator and Indesign, linking illustrator files to indesign (they could probably be integrated more!).

However, it is probably my most irritated moments when I realize I have used cmd-alt-shift-V (shortcut to paste in place in Indesign) instead of cmd-shift-V. If you work on one artboard, it looks the same, and you don't realize your mistake until you go to another artboard and see that the pasted thing has been pasted on all artboards. And you've worked far enough to not having the possibility to undo...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. preference option to set "Save as" default to a certain file type

when you go to save a file, illustrator defaults to the same file that was previously opened. 9 times out of 10 after i open an eps, svg, pdf, etc... i'll make changes and go to "save as" but want to save it as an illustrator file. i'd love to be able to just open the dialogue box and have it default to a file type i can select via a preference option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to see full name past artboard extent

The artboard name is restricted to the size of the artboard, which truncates the name and makes it illegible. Better logic would be to only shorten the name if it collides with another artboard name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Navigator and Artboard bug

Navigator doesn't move around and there are two "23" in Artboards. The number artboard 22 doesn't even appear

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base