1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

316 results found

1. Drawing artboards in alphabetical order

Add the possibility to reorder the artboards in alphabetical order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 功能请求:关于画板移动

下面是使用场景:
    当一个大项目中有多个小项目(多个画板),每个小项目都需要标注说明性文字。当我要把所有(或部分)小项目移动到画布的其他位置,目前我只能对画板进行移动,每个画板的说明文字无法一起移动。当前的操作是,画板和文字需要分别移动,非常麻烦,而且项目多的时候容易出错。希望能增加相应的功能!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change the scale of the document's rulers

As you've just done for the dimensioning of objects, I'd like to be able to change the scale at which I draw my document by right-clicking in the ruler. I work in technical illustration and draw images of very large machines (20 to 150 m). I have to use CorelDraw (which has always had this function) and copy them into Illustrator to rework them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make a new artboard to get created after the last artboard

This may have already been suggested but I couldn't find it...

I would like to see new/duplicated artboard appear after the last artboard, rather than at the end of the first row. Or an option to put it before or after a specific artboard, which then rearranges all the other artboards (and the art on them). The way it is now, I have to rearrange artboards after I make/duplicate to get the new one to show in the right order (which is usually at the end, but not always).

In the attached image, artboards 5, 6, 7 were either duplicated…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Resize Artboard: Fit to visible.

When dealing with a single page of artwork, resizing the artboard to artwork bounds does not take layers being hidden into consideration. So you have an artboard larger than your desired artwork.
    Along with fit-to-artwork bounds and fit-to-selected artwork, can we have a third option for fit-to-visible layers, please?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Updating artboard dropdown to include social media and saving custom artboards

The current artboards dropdown menu hasn't been changed in years. It should include social media and trending medium sizes. We should also have the ability to save artboard sizes that are custom to our needs. Just add a "Save artboard" in the dropdown or tool workspace. The current method of saving a template and then having to search, open and then resave the template takes too long and requires too many steps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Selecting layer selects artboard

I have been given an icons file that has 100+ icons, each on a separate artboards.

I can search (finally) for the item in Layers and select it, but it is not selecting or locating the artboard at the same time.

An alternative to this would be to have a search function on artboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Let Artboard/Fit to Selected Art work for Selected Guides too

When working on patterns, I often create a rectangle converted to a guide for the tile size.
    Unfortunately Fit to Selected Art does not recognise a guide to fit to.
    So I need to first release the Guide, then apply Fit to Selected art, and then make the Guide again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to assign chosen profile selection to all open documents in Missing Profile box

When opening a project, I frequently have to choose either not to colour manage or I have to assign a particular profile to the document due to working with a number of different print houses. As I can sometimes open 10-20 documents at a time to edit them, would it be possible to assign the designated choice to all open documents at the same time, i.e., have a selection box you can tick to 'Apply selected profile option to all open projects'?

Currently it is really laborious choosing the profile for each individual file as it opens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Duplicate Artboard should place the new artboard inside the canvas if possible

"Duplicate Artboard" always tries to place the new artboard to the right of the selected artboard which often makes it fall outside of the canvas, failing with the error " Cannot create artboard outside the canvas. Please rearrange and try again." "New Artboard" does not have this problem. Please have duplicate artboard use new artboard's placement logic.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Canvas Size Limit

I know there is already a massive discussion around this topic, but I had an idea this morning. The "Large Artboard" that is now available as far as I can tell is not truly a new massive artboard. It's just doing 1:10 scale math for you automatically. I see underneath the hood when using my vinyl cutter for example. A file sent to the cutting software sees everything at 10% size. Another example is when copy/paste from large artboard to a normal board, it will come in at 10% size.
    Here's my suggestion: Instead of having a single large artboard…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Go to last-viewed artboard navigation shortcut

I would love to have a quick shortcut to jump to the last viewed/edited artboard. I often have to jump back and forth between artboards on large documents to compare items, and it would be great (!) to scroll to the place I need to compare, look at the comparison, and then have a single keystroke to jump back to where I just was previously, rather than scrolling all the way back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Preview of artboard before project starts

Please allow for us to see a preview of the new project we are starting. When we set the dimensions or pick a preset dimensions, we can only see those grey outlined pictures. With this new feature, we would be able to see a "sample" of what our artboard is going to look like as a blank white canvas. It's basically a preview of the artboard before we officially start the project. Especially if we are typing in custom dimensions rather than choosing the set dimensions Adobe has already. Thank you guys :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update Artboard Default Sizes

The current list of default art board sizes are very old and spec sizes for products that are no longer in use. Please update the list to include modern formats like HD, 4K, iPhone 11, 12 and so on. I doubt many people still regularly use the VGA settings or the 'Nexus 7' any more.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Duplicate artboard" command should have option to create duplicate artwork on its own layer, not double all the assets in the file structur

Currently when user chooses "Duplicate artboard" command, all of the assets on all layers and sub-layers get duplicated where they are within that layer hierarchy. To make for better asset organization, "Duplicate artboard" should have an option to create a new layer and put all of the duplicated assets in the same layer/sub-layer hierarchy there so then both sets of assets are independent in the layers window.

should have option to create duplicate artwork on its own layer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Document Recovery Panel

Crash Recovery or document recovery is a life saver during unexpected crashes or Force quits of Illustrator sessions. However it becomes a nightmare, when it forces to recover documents from an old session and take ages to recover those document.

A simple panel similar to MS Office will be really helpful for me to make a choice of what i want to recover and what to throw away before working..

Its not always I need to use the old opened documents which I was not editing/ creating but just viewing as reference.

Also its not always I want to waste…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Artboards workflow could do with some streamlining.

So artboards in AI have been around for a while now, but the current workflow is pretty limited and at times frustrating.

There are 2 really big things that could do with improvement.

1 - The biggest issue I have is that there is no keyboard shortcuts to make a new artboard.

Why do I have to move my mouse over to the artboard panel and click the add artboard button.

This is way to long winded every time you want to add a new artbaord.

2 - When adding a new artboard it does not conform to the column…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export artboards with the correct sequential order

I am creating multiple page presentations and often I have to insert or move artboards. When I export the artboards to JPG or PNG they are named after their original artboard number which creates a lot of extra work for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator uses the actual order of artboards in the Artboards panel for numbering, not the one you have on canvas (because artboards can be used not only as pages, but viewports, intersect and contain each other). To get the order you need, you should re-arrange the list manually in the panel.

There is also a request for automating the matching inverted process: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/44105052-rearrange-artboards-on-canvas-accordingly-to-their

19. Pixel Perfect - alignment with equal distribution e.g. Artboard alignment

When exporting out artwork for app icons, the dimensions have to be precise. 256 x 257 isn't going to work downstream and you have to adjust and export out again - wasting time.

If an art board bounds is not pixel perfect aligned the exported graphics can be one pixel out. So it becomes necessary to align both content and art boards.

One could argue that if an art board has a defined integer dimension, then it should be guaranteed to be exactly that dimension. Which could be a bug.

But why is it necessary to have an art board…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simple little change: Remove tiny shadow behind new artboard

I've noticed this for years... whenever I create a new document in Illustrator--no matter the size or mode and without any bleed settings, the artboard has a tiny grey "drop shadow" behind the artboard. See ATTACHED. It does not affect art and never prints, but more times than I can count I've found myself zooming in and attempting to select/delete it, thinking I left some sort of unwanted element behind while I was working. Or I see the faint "border" and think my graphic elements aren't fully aligned to the page edge, when the actually are.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base