When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Navigator and Artboard bug

Navigator doesn't move around and there are two "23" in Artboards. The number artboard 22 doesn't even appear

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Artboards should have a purpose

1. What is the purpose of having an artboard if anything drawn beyond it shows up as part of your drawing? I exported an artwork as a png file and everything beyond the artboard showed up as part of the artwork. The workspace around the artboard should be able to be used for ideas that may be relevant to future versions of your art or to assist in creating your art.

2. When I drew the attached image, I expected that anything beyond the artboard would not show as part of the artwork.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed (Comments Open)  ·  0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Master Illustrator File Placed in Multiple Illustrator Files OR Export Selected Layers Palette

In my line of work, we often time work in one single Illustrator file that has one basemap then multiple layers with each showing a specific thing separate from the other layers. However this gets tedious when exporting files where you have to select the layers you want, export as it's own name, deselect those layers and select the next batch of layers, export those under their own name, deselect those layers etc.

What would be great is if Illustrator had the ability to have something like a Master Layer that can bring in a basemap Illustrator file to have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Frames into Illustrator

In InDesign it's possible to add frames for text and imagery, and although Illustrator isn't necessarily the layout application - it would be great to get this feature on it too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. auto arrange artboards on new

First, the workspace is Too **** small at this point, especially when working in pixels. And someone out there assumes 72dpi still. Stop it!

I'm creating 4K artboards to explore some ideas. I create 2 of them. And it won't let me create a 3rd without rearranging. Who's idea was That!?!?

The first thing you should do is just move the stinkin' workspace. What's with all the room on the left? Look, if you only work left to right, why are you always trying to center the artboards in the workspace? You'll never use the space above or to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

6. Pg Up & Pg Down

Hi guys! I have a feature request. Usually the rule of thumb is if you can hotkey it or select it from a menu then you can build it into an action. There's one exception I've found.

Illustrator will respond to using the Page Up and Page Down keys on your keyboard to navigate your artboards. BUT it ignores these commands if you're recording an action.

We could make some really robust and powerful actions if we could program actions to navigate through the artboards. Please please please add this?

PS it would also be amazing if variables could navigate…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 100 artboards

Over 100 Artboards please. This has been talked about for 3 years now to no avail.

I'm creating UI and it requires more that 100 pages. Why are we being constrained?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

8. Illustrator Zeichenflächen

Es wäre wünschenswert, mehrere Zeichenflächen gleichzeitig markieren zu können. Außerdem mehrere ausgewählte zeichenflächen gleichzeitig verschieben zu können oder über das Ausrichten Werkzeug oder Koordinaten organisieren zu können.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Micro-movements keyboard shortcut

I would like a keyboard shortcut like the Shift+Ctrl+Arrow combination in InDesign that allows very fine grain object movement. Actually, this would be great to have in Photoshop as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to place the origin of the art-board at the centre of the art-board.

I would like the option to place the origin of the art-board at the centre of the art-board, so that objects can be placed at the centre just by setting the position to zero please. This would also make it a lot easier to mirror object to other sides just by making their position negative or positive.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Refreshing new idea for Snap to Pixel

Please implement a feature called, "Never ever (literally EVER) allow Snap to Pixel to be turned on." I think it's a setting that would prove useful for people like me that spend ages working on a document only to then wonder why absolutely NOTHING is properly aligned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. キーボードのスペースキーで画面移動ができるようにする

PC版Illustratorに慣れていると
    どうしてもスペースキーのショートカットが欲しくなります。
    ご検討の程よろしくお願いいたします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Possibilité de vectoriser un fichier PSD ou Procreate depuis Ai IPad

Bonjour, il serait vraiment pratique de pouvoir vectoriser un document psd ou Procreate depuis Illustrator IPad, pour des logos etc qui auraient été créé sur d’autres logiciels non vectoriels.

Merci 🙏

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. me dice error cuando edito fotos

deberían de dar mas seguimiento ala app sea para mejorarla

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Aggiungere opzione margini interni e formati di lavoro per social network

Sarebbe molto utile avere a disposizione i principali formati di lavoro di alcuni social network (post Instagram o Facebook) e tra le opzioni avanzate la possibilità di aggiungere i margini interni al documento.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rotate artboard with finger gesture

Being able to rotate the artboard with a finger gesture

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. screenshot save in adobe illustrator open document.

I need a screenshot save in adobe illustrator open document instead of the desktop.
    I like the option to change the RGB TO CMYK OR JPG OR PNG
    I like the option to edit image crop and save it as an bitmap

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Transferring Document With Multiple AI Artboards to A Single PSD With Same Artboards

It would make sense if there was a simple way to export an Illustrator file with multiple Artboards into a single PSD file with that multiple Artboard structure intact. Currently, you can export Artboards from Illustrator each to their own individual PSD files, and then you have to re-copy/paste each one into a new document. This is extremely cumbersome, and also destroys bleeds and guides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Layer Themes

It would be a fantastic feature to be able to save different 'layer themes' and be able to toggle between them. A layer theme would control which layers are visible and not visible.

EG: You have a file set up with 20 layers. Theme A has layers 1, 2, 5, 19, 20 visible. Toggle to Theme B it has layers 1, 3, 9, 15, 18 visible. The user can create a new theme from whatever the status of the layer panel is, then can quickly toggle between these different layer visibility settings. The layer themes can have custom names set…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base