When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Document Modal displays nothing on first install

After first installing Ai 2020 and hitting Cmd+N to create a new document, the modal defaults to the recents tab which is not populated yet and therefore does not offer an option or button to create a new document. Once you go to a different tab and choose a preset it will display it in recents. But for the first time it should probably default to another tab or at least offer you a button to create a new document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. same artboard number within 1 file

Why the artboards are numbered like this when it was fine in older versions. I need to export them in correct order as they contain writing steps. Now I missed some steps of the writings, this is very essential and crucial. The problem occurs on the other file too, exact number skipped and missing as well. #13, #17 missing with #15, #18 being duplicated the same...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock the document if its oppened on PC (like in InDesign)

To avoid, that two people or more work on the same document at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Separate tab for customs presets in new blank document like "mobile", "web", "film&video" etc

Hello, Is it possible to create a separate tab for customs presets in new blank document like "mobile", "web", "film&video" etc and under that tab we can create multiple customs presets/template with respective settings.
    For example "create a social media tab" and under that tab there will be various customs presets new blank doc for "instagram", "Facebook", "Linkedin" etc etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Carry decimals in the Artboard Size to ten thousandths

Carry decimals in the Artboard Size to ten thousandths so it matches the Transform palette. Right now you can only view the accurate Artboard size in the Document Info palette.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Scrolling through zoomed in Artwork while dragging an object

When I am zoomed in and drag an object - for example draw a rectangle or line that reaches the end of the window while dragging, the artboard scrolls but the image is not refreshed. Only the ruler shows me, that I am scrolling... Even when I stop dragging and release the mousebutton, the image is not fully refreshed. Otherwise: when I drag the Marquee-Tool to the end of the window, scrolling starts and the image gets constantly refreshed while dragging. This is the way I would normally expect it to be, regardless of the the Tool I am using.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When Draging a Item to New File, The preview of destination file is not showing up.

When Draging a Item to New File, The preview of destination file is not showing up. Only I can see the preview on current document

Illustrator Verison: 24.0
    Laptop: Lenovo T540P running Windows 10 18363.449

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Margin options like Indesign

Margins are such an important for of making posters and other graphic design related things, it would be great having this option in illustrator.

Happy that Indesign has this, but illustrator is often used for projects that have these very same needs, but I'm left with making the margins myself every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. enable ruler opacity. some times it get too hard to see through thin lines in my art work

opacity dont work on ruler so most of the times i dont get to see what behind the ruler.if you enable ruler to work with opacity then it will be much easier to see whats behind ruler line.thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Exclude single object or layer from moving with artboard

It would be great to exclude a layer or single object even with "move locked and hidden artwork with artboard" enabled. This allows for a more flexible approach when dragging artboards with and without artwork.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. advance presentation mode to something cool like what we see in Prezzi with object animation abilities. bring view concept inside artboards

advance presentation mode to something cool like what we see in Prezzi with object animation abilities. bring view concept inside artboards and interactivities for objects inside illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Combining Ai files into one as we can do with PDF

Some time we need to combine separate files into one for sending to customer or for printing. Idea is to combine separate ai files into one as we can do with Pdf.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Artboard working colour

It would be great it were possible to set a 'working' background colour for artboards e.g. upon export of the image / artboard it would default back to transparent or white (depending on output format).

Having worked through creating a number of white icons, you can get around it by manually drawing in background and turning the visibility off, but if there was an option on the artboards palette to do this, it would be much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please consider resizing second artboard (14,400 x 14,400) on video presets

While the second artboard on the video presets is incredibly useful so imported art doesn't get cut off in After Effects, it is unnecessarily large. I can't imagine that anyone is actively storing art to be animated from off screen 7,000 pixels above or below the main artboard. Many people think this artboard is a mistake, but it would be far more useful if it were about 3000x3000 in a 1920x1080 document. Hitting Cmd/Ctrl+1 to "Fit Artboard to View" often zooms out to show the gigantic artboard because it is automatically selected any time you click outside of the main…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow a new feature to resize workspace so the page doesn't get hidden behind the dock

Several of us on Adobe Forums experience the same issue for many years. Often times the workspace window gets hidden behind the dock, or even below the visible area of the monitor, there is currently no way to adjust this. I am trying to resize the window of my current workspace and I cannot. Bottom right corner not visible. It's a shame that after 18 years of using this application we still have basic issues like this. Please fix this as soon as possible. Thank you so much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SVG code for current document visible in non modal view

When fine-tuning SVG files, the ergonomics of the workflow are far less than optimal. This is especially problematic because SVG supports only a subset of what is possible in Illustrator.

A round trip to some other app, or viewing code via the export modal feels awkward and is certainly time-consuming. Worse, it takes me away from the main Illustrator editor where my art is actually visible/editable.

Can't we have a panel which shows the SVG code 'live', without having to visit the file menu. It need not be an editable code view, but 'pretty printing' and perhaps code folding would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outline mode does not work - CC 2019 (v 23.0.2)

The outline mode does not work ... Illustrator freeze in outline view... and dosent remove colors from outlined layer objects? ...
    And when i close the documet, then - for a split second - I get to see the outline mode, before the document closes.

Hope you can a fix to this problem ... Thanks c",)

NB - Found a older post with a similar description to the problem that i have:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/33790492-outline-mode-does-not-work-i-have-illustrator-cc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Outline mode does not work - CC 2019 (v 23.0.2)

The outline mode does not work ... Illustrator freeze in outline view... and dosent remove colors from outlined layer objects? ...
    And when i close the documet, then - for a split second - I get to see the outline mode, before the document closes.

Hope you can a fix to this problem ... Thanks c",)

NB - Found a older post with a similar description to the problem that i have:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/33790492-outline-mode-does-not-work-i-have-illustrator-cc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Could we have the standard paper sizes larger than A3 for artboards

Could we have the standard paper sizes for artboards?
    I often need larger than A3 and although I can input myself it would be quicker to have a s standard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export from multiple selected layers with layers containing multiple art boards.

Now we can only export the multiple art boards on one layer at a time. Please make it possible to select more than one layer and export those to files.

It would save a ton of time when we have multiple images to export from like dartboards stacked up on multiple layers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base