When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Document setup with two or more measurement units

I often work in both imperial and metric on documents, such as having a box be seven inches, but the minuscule die line details cut up in millimeters. So, it would be great if the Transform pallet displayed both, rather than one or the other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changing Artbord from Portrait to Landscape: move and rotate object

Changing Artbord from Portrait to Landscape do not rotate object correspond to artboard position.

That can be helpful if we hav many objects on artboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to open multi-page pdf in Illustrator on their newly-created artboards

Hello,
    I have to place multi-page pdf's on a daily basis at work. The File, Open command let's me choose a pdf file and select which pages to open in Illustrator. It even has the option of opening them as links. This is great! Now, would it be possible to have Illustrator create artboards and populate them with pages from the pdf file? Perhaps through a dialog box? Thank you for your time!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create Working Version or Working Artboard

Often times when working on a Logo or Design Project, I create type that I eventually turn into outlines for the final artwork -- and what my clients receive. It would be very convenient to have an Artboard within the document that does not print nor show up in a PDF, but remains in the native file. It would allow for "instant typography fixes" within the same document and a true "working" file during design phase.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Select elements of a compound object in the Layers panel

I don't understand why a compound object can't be expanded in the Layers panel to reveal its elements, and let me select and manage them. Just like I can see and select elements in a (clip) group, and cat go to into isolation mode with a compound. What's the rationale to prevent this ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. file name change automatically

wish to export file asper artboard size/color/...(option to provide file details in file name)
    eg: if artboard size 1x1 inch and 3x4, once we exporting the file to some where the file name will be became "filename1x1 inch01", "filename3x4 inch02",
    This is very easy for people who working with multiple artboard in a single file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show artboard user-assigned names and numbers when exporting/saving

When saving as a PDF (and other similar activities) the dialog box will allow you to filter to certain artboards using their numbers. However if you're using lots of artboards it can be difficult to know which artboard to select. I usually have to go back through the document, activate the artboard tool to see the names, make notes of the number, and then resume my export/save. How about adding the user-assigned name along side the artboard numbers in the dialog filter. Or possibly have a list of artboards (like the artboards panel) and simply check boxes for exporting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Customize suffix for duplicated artboards

It would be great if the user could choose which suffix will be used for duplicated artboards. Instead of
    MyArtboard copy
    MyArtboard copy copy

should be

MyArtboard 1
    MyArtboard 2
    MyArtboard 3

or

MyArtboard A
    MyArtboard B
    MyArtboard C

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New document

T-Shirt Layout
    Car/Truck Layout
    Shoe Layout
    Others...
    ...It's not only paper and web!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. (Also for Indesign). Alignment groups

Please add feature to add an item to a group, but not have it factor into movement when Aligning.
    Ie I have an item/group of items, and a Trademark symbol. Suggested new feature would Add the Trademark symbol to the group, but when aligning this new group the Trademark feature is not factored into positioning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paste on all artboards/paste special Dialogue

I would like to suggest expanding paste on all artboards command into a dialogue box. It could be really helpful in print designs having multiple artboards.

1. Currently the command pastes the selected objects on all artboards present in the document, even the one they are copied from.
      in order to not have to delete duplicates manually you could make this new dialogue box show the list of artboards with check boxes which allows users to select which artboards to paste on.

2. paste a library asset on selected artboards.

3. like in flash/animate two open files could use each others library panel, …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Asset Export Incorrectly Clipping

If you create a filled rounded rectangle with a 1 pt border, add it to the Asset Export panel and export, the end result is noticeably clipped. Even though the shape may be aligned to be pixel perfect and the stroke aligned so that it should be inside, the output shows the frame is now non uniform in terms of stroke width.

If you didn't use stroke, you probably won't notice the inaccuracy.

See the attached image and the edges are clearly truncated.

Says there are some fundamental alignment issues that need to be addressed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow variable instances of symbols (or imported ai)

I feel that the reason so many UI projects go Sketch instead of Illustrator is due to componentization of elements throughout the document in collaborative environments.

I feel that Illustrator has much more power and could be used the same way, if only a few features were added.

One of the most important is allowing the use of symbols as UI elements by enabling variable fields.

Currently, I could make a component and save it as a symbol - but if I was to use it in multiple places, then I would need certain fields to be altered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add option when creating New View to opt out from changing zoom level

The custom Views is a godsend for complex artwork, but sometimes it would be nice to keep the zoom level and toggle only the Layers settings (visibility, lock status, etc). So either an option when saving the custom View, or a program-wide preference setting would be highly appreciated. In this way, the request for a layer visibility toggle shortcut could also be partially addressed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show all tabs when switching to fullscreen mode

When switching to Full Screen Mode I can only see the document I'm working with. Why not show all the open documents like tabs?

I don't understand why the tabs disappear just because I'm switching to fullscreen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To be able to make Illustrator a 3D drawing software as well.

I want to be able to have a 3D view of the artwork, because illustrator is based on paths I thought rather that it would be cool to navigate it in 3D.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. データの「情報を見る」で見れていた作成時のバージョンが見れなくなった。

macユーザーです。イラストレーターCC2018 にアップグレードしたところ、今までデータファイルの「情報を見る」で見れていた作成時のバージョンが見れなくなりました。お客様とのやりとりでバージョンをお客様それぞれに合わせてダウングレードしていたので、簡易的に確認ができないと不便です。他に同様のアプローチができるようになっていたら教えていただきたいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base