When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set export options to default to the same folder the native is housed in

Set default export or save as locations to start in the same folder as the native Ai file as opposed to previous locations. It can be rather cumbersome when switching to an entirely new project, then exporting that project and having the 'save as' default to the entirely other project's recent save.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Previous Zoom

A "Previous Zoom" or "Previous View" command which would change the zoom/magnification to the most recent zoom state. Also the option to center on selection or artboard. This will allow users to toggle between magnification of say 400% and 3200% or 5% and 1200% if they're regularly checking for details and positioning within a larger document which I do constantly in a prepress environment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Page numbers

Please implement the ability to convert characters into current page numbers, identical to the InDesign feature. This would save extensive time and effort when creating documents in Illustrator, instead of manually doing this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Default Artboard Position

When you create a new Adobe Illustrator document the Default Position of the Artboard should not be in the center it should be in the upper left corner with a little margin top and left.

At least give us the option to choose if we like a default center or upper left corner artboard position.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Deleting Artboard

Can you add back the little cross/close button (we used to have in CC2017) to the artboard so that I can delete the artboards without visiting the artboard pannal?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Layer freezing

When doing very complicated artwork, sometimes Illustrator's live preview starts to become impossibly slow. Distorted dense fill patterns, lots of art brushes full of translucent shapes, complicated high-res bitmap effects… I can do some stunning things with these but I’m reluctant to use them, because I need to have fast response time in my drawing tool.

Currently, layers can be locked, or unlocked. I would like to have a third mode: 'frozen', where the layer is locked, and a bitmap of the entire layer is cached. This bitmap is then used for rendering the preview, until such time as the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Get rid of that awful new document screen. It's annoying for experienced users.

Please have a way to turn off that new document screen the same way I can turn off the "Start Workspace".

Experienced users don't need (or want) doc creation on-boarding.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow more than 100 artboards

Artboard limits should be a "soft cap" of 100 or more dependent on the user's PC specs. The user should then be able to, at their own risk of performance, increase the cap of artboards to whatever number they feel is necessary, whether or not that is unlimited is up to the user. There was a suggestion to remove this cap over 5 years ago, I believe it is time to make the change.
    I need currently 120 and it's really AWKWARD to create a new file and put resources there. I 100% need all my images in one file…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

9. delete artboard with content

Be able to delete artboard with content. One or many pages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Possibility for the USER to set the default units when creating a new document

It saves time. In stead of having to adjust this for every new document, it would be a lot better to let users define their own standards, templates and what so ever…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option for Artboards to be non-printing

Would be very useful if there could be a setting in the Artboards palate that could make them 'non-printing' (Like in Layers) - I use a lot of pre-prepared template files and sometimes don't use all Artboards, so to 'turn them off' rather than having to delete (as I may need them later in a job) or keep changing print options would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Touch workspace needs a layers panel

Why they have not included such a basic, essential feature in the touch workspace is beyond me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. the ability to search with in the symbols palette

we can search with in the swatch palette, can that be carried over to the symbols palettes?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the Smart Guides as reliable as the ones in InDesign!

The Smart Guides have not been working consistently for many years now. I think they work 80% of the time the way I would expect them to, but that's just not good enough for professional work. I've attached an example of an issue I'm constantly having when working with smart guides in Illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Introducing Responsive Artboards with possibility to drag and arrange the boards

Having a reponsive panel of the artboards which becomes thumbnails and possibilty to drag and arrange the artboards.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. duplicate artboard

It should be possible to duplicate artworks not only with Alt + Drag but with a button in the artboard options aswell - just replace it with the text that says "Press Alt + Drag Cursor to duplicate artboard" and keep the Hotkey function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. artboard

When i create a new artboard it automaically places it next to my previous artboard. normally you see a preview and can place it somewere of your chosing. Is there a option to disable this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show current artboard when using shortcuts to switch artboards

It would be useful if when switching artboards with Fn+Shift+Up/Down that the Artboards window reflects the currently viewed artboard. The current workaround is having to guess which artboard I'm looking at by double clicking the artboard and checking to see if the canvas switches view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base