2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

39 results found

1. more purchase options

Hi.
    I have an issue trying Adobe Illustrator. I would like to try the stencil features to find out if it will meet my needs. The problem is i am forced to add my credit card details just for using the 7 day free trial. I am not prepared to do that at this time due to the fact that Adobe may not work out for me. Then im stuck dealing with automatic payments.
    The other issue is the high monthly or yearly subscription costs. I would only use illustrator once in a while and cant justify the monthly cost.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. OFFICIAL ONLINE USER MANUAL that we can easily search by tool or command name

We still need a forum for complex questions like ‘how to…’, but the current community is TERRIBLE at answering ‘what is’… You need to stop pushing this responsibility of explaining features to users and start making an OFFICIAL guide where we can easily search what each tool or action like 'expand appearance' actually mean and their nuances explained with pictures. Please make this ONLINE and always updated!!! Your old pdf manual actually does this quite well.

I am sick of watching outdated tutorials or WAITING for a response from users who might be equally outdated or not knowing what they're…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make a user manual / user guide available online

Why isn't there a functional and useful user manual or user guide available online?

The lack of issuing any type of user guide is a huge missed opportunity. It seems this task has been Offloaded to the Adobe community. Adobe used to consider its customers/clients ones who deserved professional, well-organized, easy-to-use, comprehensive instructions and guides. Whatever happened to supporting those who put/keep you in business? I guess in the software business that's progress ...?

In today's digital/virtual world, it would be exceptionally easy to produce, share and update useful and robust supporting content. The current offering of tutorials is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the steps in the tutorial match the actual steps a person would take to achieve the finished product.

The steps described in the tutorials do not match the actual steps taken in order to achieve the end product. My guess is this is to frustrate those who take advantage of the 7-day free trial into purchasing the monthly or yearly subscription. I think that stinks. How can a person judge whether or not they want to subscribe to the monthly or yearly plan if they can't even manage the tutorials? If your user menus have changed within the application, then the tutorials need to be updated to reflect this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Opening menu customization workflow

As an option for those starting out with Adobe Illustrator, I would like to see you develop a master menu setup process to help me find all the tools I may need for my project. It could begin by asking me/allowing me to select from a list all the things I will want to do with a new project or a newly-opened image file, Adobe or otherwise.
    Those tools and options selected would appear in a dock-able menu window.
    Then, based on known user workflows of different experience levels, Illustrator could recommend additional tools and even tutorials for the different…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. tell me how to use-the screen+what you show me MAKE NO SENCE THIS IS MY LAST TRY TO UNDERSTAND=IM READY TO GIVE UP=WHEN I DO,DO NOT ADVERTIS

I am giving up-You have so much data on my mac-on my iPad pro-files that I have no clue who put them on Lenovo, from yous! Its been about 15 years ,Ive tried-I am 60! I cant Take it-you have no help for people like me=I have learning Disability,I look at your software =I see almost nothing possible to do?
    I can use sketch book-procreate, but Adobe its just foregin ,you offer no means for me to understand and its very sad- I need to make clean crisp lines- I need control+ in Procreate it all looks good then BANG…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Illustrator CC 2018 download support

Hello, I used to use Illustrator CC 2018 on my work computer. It was having trouble opening AI and PDF files. I uninstalled the program and now I can't even install it back on the computer due to the program no longer being supported for download. 2018 was only 2 years ago. This is a huge problem for your users. Maybe have some kind of warning or do the right thing and offer support for programs older than 2 years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please HELP in Captions Add Chinese.

n option You can only choose English , French , Dutch and Korean. No option for Chinese. Please help add Chinese too

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please solve my problems.thank you

Please solve my problems.thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More desciptive warning

When switching to CMYK in the New Document panel, a yellop triangle with an exclamation mark appears.
    Why? No further info is given.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. What has happened to the white selection tool?? I can no longer select or manipulate objects with it?

How do you use the white selection tool now? It is not working like it used to and I can not do anything with it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. how can i create my canvas in illustrator over 577cm ? seem like it limited

i was stuck on doing signature board for promotion the size is W 7.5m x H 2.2m.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix the help search function

Help used to work fine but since illustrator 18 cc the help function always takes much longer to load (5/10 seconds every time I type a singl letter). Make a short cut to type in help, as seen on c4d, would speed up workflow considerably

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update is way too advanced

Every single update should not change the basic fundamental functions of AI.
    I am someone who is learning and having to relearn when just getting the hang of how to use this app comfortably really irks me.
    In addition, i have an uncountable amount of talented peers who use this software and they do not even understand how to work with many of the updates.

A huge example i can give:
    Why can you not drag a photo to make it smaller or larger anymore?

Also, why can the user not add FX to fonts and see what it does…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This feedback/bug reporting systems is super confusing.

This feedback/bug reporting systems is super confusing. I have given up on reporting bugs or providing feedback so many times, cause I land here and I can't manage.
    I want to report a bug, it tells me to "post my idea". But I want to report a bug, not give an idea! I change sections to make sure I'm on the Bugs, still get "ideas" everywhere. If I try to give feedback I get "request feature", again, not what I want to do... That search box that changes to a form and back to a search box... If I want…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove F1 key as help key

I use the F-keys frequently for Actions. However, F1 is defaulted to launching Illustrator's help screen and I'm regularly hitting the key by mistake. Could we please have a different way to launch the help screen and free up the F1 key for other, customisable, uses?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you Ryan for your help.
    Here is the way to customise the keys – please thank Ryan if you found it useful.

“You can go to edit/keyboard shortcuts, then choose menu commands. Find help, and clear the F1 key from it or pick it as another one. Save it as your own custom keyboard preset and you’re good to go.”

19. Documented PDF User Guide for Illustrator

I would love a documented user guide in a PDF printable format that offers step by step procedures on how to use Illustrator functions.

Can you please send me the link for a PDF Illustrator User Guide, (documented).
    This would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Cate

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)