1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4357 results found

1. Set the default EPS version with options

I work often in projects with collaborators from all over the world. We save our work in EPS and we have standardized on CS5. We are generally scientists, so we are most likely an exception; however, a way to set "project specific" defaults would be helpful that would allow to set the EPS save options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Variable font substitution (with different number of axis)

I get a crash when: Having a 3-axis variable font used in a document, I close the file and delete the font from my system . Then I open the file and try to substitute that missing font by another with a different number of axis. Boom.

I guess the perfect behaviour here would be to ignore the extra axis or use a neutral value for axis added after substitution.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Replace objects with an object

example:
    I have created a circle with text in it, and grouped it all together, however I have a pattern of Circles, and only want some of the circles in the pattern to look like the one I have created and grouped, so I can click the ones I want to replace, and then with a tool, select the group I've created, and it will replace the ones I've selected. Not too sure if this feature exists, though it would be a beneficial tool to have.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The intended solution for this is to use Global Edit feature.

Copy the object you want to replace with, then select one of many copies you want to replace and use Select > Start Global Edit command.

Using Shift, unmark those copies you don’t want to affect.

Isolate the targeted copy.

Paste the copied object and position it correctly relatively the old object.

Delete the old object.

Exit the isolation and end Global Edit.

It may sound convoluted at first, but once you master the method, you’d be able to easily replace almost anything.

Global Edit has its limitations: it doesn’t work for images, text objects, clipped masks, linked objects, and third-party plugins.

Read more about it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/global-edit.html

4. Change shortcut for paste in place/paste on all artboards to match Indesign

I'm in a workflow where I work simultaneously with Illustrator and Indesign, linking illustrator files to indesign (they could probably be integrated more!).

However, it is probably my most irritated moments when I realize I have used cmd-alt-shift-V (shortcut to paste in place in Indesign) instead of cmd-shift-V. If you work on one artboard, it looks the same, and you don't realize your mistake until you go to another artboard and see that the pasted thing has been pasted on all artboards. And you've worked far enough to not having the possibility to undo...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create a version of Illustrator for crafters - no 3D, but with border feature etc in order to work with digital cutters without expense

So it would be a entry level version of illustrator - concentrating on 2D output to SVG for electronic cutters, plotters and other crafting tools. Similar to Photoshop elements but for those needing to work with vector files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change Selection tool back to the way it was.

The selection tool on an object is now really annoying. I have to zoom in really close to a small object to move it otherwise I get too many options and it just ends up spinning or resizing the object. Please fix!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The transform palette used to have arrows to upsize or downsize; this arrows are gone on this new 2018 version of Illustraor. Can somehow sh

The transform palette used to have arrows to upsize or downsize; this arrows are gone on this new 2018 version of Illustraor. Can somehow sh

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If I use the zoom tool and happen to move the cursor 1 pixel, do not zoom in 41500% Nobody would ever want that to happen.

If I use the zoom tool and happen to move the cursor 1 pixel, do not zoom in 41500% Nobody would ever want that to happen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mapping artwork on 3d object surface

Now we need every time to convert /or update/ artwork into symbol before mapping in on the surface of 3D objects that are created with 3d effects. That process is annoying and complex. Simplifying of that can help profs and beginners to use it quickly and pass some steps.

Now many programs like Adobe Dimension CC, 3d paint allows to do that very easy and in real time.

Also adding some new feature like uv maps or tiling 3d effects can be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Modern 3D and Materials allows to map symbols directly on a object on canvas, across its multiple surfaces. A user can move it, rotate, scale.

The tech is not perfect still, and it won’t be supported for now Classic #D effects, but is potent enough already to try.

10. Export Swatch Bounds in Pattern Maker for easier repeat sharing

• In the Pattern Maker tool, there would be an option to export the swatch via art board or just export in general, within the swatch bounds indicated by the pattern maker tool.

Solves problem of: Having to figure out mathematically how to make a displaced patterned swatch with the correct bounds on a separate art board via a bunch of math.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New Tool Idea: "Drag Draw"

I've developed a novel way of drawing vector shapes using a delayed "drag point" method which at first seems counter-intuitive, but is actually closer to the way people draw with pens and brushes, because the drawing point is distanced from the moving point by a controlled amount (as if drawing with a chain), smoothing out the resulting line. My working demo was built in Javascript and can be observed in the attached video, but would be much more powerful within Illustrator and Photoshop. The tool I created allows me to export SVGs and gives me the ability to create smooth…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 固定パスをドラッグ

環境設定に有る「セグメントをリシェイプして固定パスをドラッグ」の機能を切り替えながら使いたい。
    オプションバーに表示して欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Memorize Size & Position Tick Box of an Object

I would like to have memorized the size or position of some object by some tick box in the properties of AI this will help me compare with other object or move it later back where it was before.
    Currently i must create 2 objects and align them by X/Y with main object so when i move the main object i must use those 2 objects to move back main object.
    I hope you understand what i mean.
    Also if this is in wrong category please move it in the proper one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Brush tool stops working

When drawing a complex shape with the brush tool it just stops working after a certain amount of time. I'm not sure if it is because it has used too many points to make the shape or what, but its very frustrating. FIX YOUR PROGRAM PLEASE.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Brushes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Anthony, if this is still a problem for you, please provide a test file (here in comments or via sharewithai@adobe.com) and some details on this:

– does the behavior, once is happens, affect only one document or others as well?

– does it stay when you save, relaunch the app and reopen the file?

– does deleting some portion of the art fix the problem?

15. Easier (or any) control over objects in layers

When in a layer I create an object, I need to be able to access it easily and control its order in the layer window. so my suggestion is:
    right click also allows selecting an object - like in photoshop
    A function that allows me to choose 2 objects and arrange their order - right now we need to press move back until you get to the correct order, it's very frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow me to return to the interface that I've become accustomed to.

I absolutely hate updating Adobe Illustrator. This new Illustrator interface update is infuriating. The workflow that I've developed over years of working with this product is broken. I don't understand how anything works and I spend more energy wrestling with an interface that a just a short while ago was transparent to me than I do in the actual creative work that I am paid for. I'm sure you're proud of your work. I'm sure that you've tested it with naive users (I hope!) maybe even some seasoned users. But recognize that every time you make radical changes to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update the list of fixes and changes in a timely manner

I use CC2018 behind a firewall, and don't have access to "Check for updates" menu option. Adobe used to post a list of fixes that were in a new version or patch (for most Adobe apps).
    I cannot find such a list anywhere, but I need to know what patches are available, and what is fixed, so I can request updates from IT department as appropriate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Arc Warp effect and envelope distortion presets skew vertical lines

The Arc upper / lower warp effect isn't very good! It distorts too much!!!! Please improve!!!! It's been like this for years.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple Artboard Save

Some older versions of AI does not show multiple artboards. When doing a save could there be the option for artboards like when SVG is selected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. CC subfolders not visible when opening files

Currently if you organise AI. iles into project folders within your local CC folder, these subfolders aren't visible when opening in AI. Libraries offers the ability to categorise assets / files into project folders that are visible making it super easy to find specific files. I know there is a search feature but, with hundreds of assets, being able to have multi level folder structure visible when opening AI files from local CC folder would be awesome.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base