When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Artboard glitch when undo and redo

When I use the hot keys to undo and redo (Ctr+Z ; Ctrl+Shift+Z) more than once at a time, the entire artboard freezes. When I open the file again, all of my work is gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Brush with tool to scale a pattern brush properly.

When I use the width brush on a pattern brush, it scales the brush on all of the path to the widest bit used. I'd like it to scale only in the width direction, where I'm using it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for Microsoft SCUP

We have invested very large in SCCM infrastructure to support Global distribution of client applications. To speed up distribution of Adobe product versions we have analyzed Adobe Update Server solution.
    Based on our global environment that would require an enormous investment create a Adobe Update Server at every site location.

We would like Adobe to add support for Microsoft SCUM, that would speed up product distribution without very large investment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better drivers for monoprice drawing tablet

Drawing with monoprice drawing tablets causes random drawing effects. Trying to draw a straight line will cause loops, be off screen, etc. Only with brush tool currently. Drawing will occur without pressure just hovering above the tablet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Emoji Support

I tried to type the emoji on my Windows keyboard and it comes up as boxes. I can type them in Excel-- it seems like I should be able to in illustrator too!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stroked Object Transform Bug Constrain Error Adobe Illustrator CC 2017-2018

When using the transform panel to resize an object or multiple objects, it goes without saying if you select constrain, there should be confidence it will scale respectively. A circle remains a circle, a square a square, a 16:9 Graphic stays 16:9 etc. etc.

Unfortunately I have noticed a very concerning bug where if one of the objects has a stroke, it will not transform constrained. I noticed because the object I grabbed had a perfect circle, that seems maybe 5% horizontally compressed afterward.

I have done this screencast to show the bug does not occur on non-stroked objects- only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Honestly I would rather an entire year go by with now new features if

Honestly, I would rather an entire year go by with no new features. Instead, I would rather all of Adobe's efforts go into making the applications run faster. I am running a brand new, completely decked out MacBook pro, and am doing some UX design in illustrator. It is getting really frustrating when I try to nudge an item with the left arrow button and have to wait a couple seconds for it to actually happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Edit Artboards" button in top toolbar

The quickest way I have found of getting to the "edit artboards" state is to:

1. click "document setup" in the top toolbar (when the toolbar decides it wants to show that option; i know it's based on the tool i choose but I really would love for that button to always be there),

2. then a dialog box opens

3. then I click "edit artboards".

Usually what I'm wanting to do when I do that process is to move or resize artboards by clicking and dragging.

There is also a "preferences" button that I NEVER use in the toolbar, and basically every…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adding Background Color to Pattern Options

When creating seamless pattern it would be very helpful to have the ability to select a background color in the Pattern Options palette. Especially for hex shape, if I create a separate background shape the overlapping doesn't always work especially for Hex. I use the Appearance palette as a workaround or manually add a background color/shape. Please see screenshot for reference. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Lock or unlock Navigator View from General View. Two Separate Views

During my work I need to have two different views of my artboard or canvas. Now the Navigator panel and General view showing me the same view.

Adding an option that will allow to have two separate view can enhance my workflow. That can be achieved if we will have an option to lock or unlock Navigator View from General View.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Linked Text 'Artworking Info' Panels/Tables

When setting up artwork sheets, we often have to use the same job info across many artboards - it would be great to have 'linked' information/type, so when you update text in a textbox/panel on one artboard it will automatically update on other artboards.

This could be done either by a table/panel which update, or being able to select individual pieces of info that you wish to auto-update.

This would be a massive timesaver when artworking!

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Thanks a fkng Lot Adobe.

I am unable to save my illustrator files. They all appear blank. I am on a deadline & Adobe is literally screwing with my income. WTF?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Note field in Attributes keep content after relinking image with a note

I use Note field in Attributes palette to make notes about my objects.
    Especially, I use it to write down information about original sizes of my linked images. Unfortunately, when I relink my images, these notes got vanished.

It was said to me that it is by design.
    Well, no.
    I change the link to the image, but not the object itself.
    Please make AI treat my data a bit better and don't delete my notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Creative Cloud is not syncing

Creative Cloud files are constantly syncing in Illustrator. They don't show up online either. However, if I try to stop syncing through the app preferences it just displays error screens. I am on a Mac using High Sierra. log attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. allow me to buy a cc subscription in a non-supported country

I'm trying to pay you for a product, I'm frustrated that I can't

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be available to add more than 1000 artboards

We are creating a document with icons. Each icon has it's own artboard because of exporting to multiple sizes. Currently we have about 1500 icons and we would like to have all the icons in one document because of effective work with them (which is now not possible because of 1000 artboards limitation).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Measurment Switch Toggle Button

You know what would be awesome? When you click on any of the marque tools (for the square, cirlce, rounded rectangle, or polygon) if you could switch the measurements that you type in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve your UX/program behaviour for god's sake

Illustrator is the worst program I have ever work with, an that's an opinion I share with a lot of designers. Nothing is logic, everything is a nonsense and I lost A LOT of time trying to make so simple things. Photoshop is awesome, after effects is awesome, don't know what happen to you with Illustrator, but please make a review of how it works and fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unify Fill tool + gradient tool under properties(appearance)

Now we have 3 "ways" or windows to pick color from which is confusing.Unify everything under same roof like in other design apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base