When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Back the Glyphs Panel

I just updated to the latest and greatest Illustrator tonight. I'm in Typography Workspace and for the life of me, I can't find the Glyphs Panel. It appears to be gone. I can see all the other type tools I expect. But, not Glyphs. Is there a different way to access the OT alternate letter forms? The Glyphs Panel used to by under the Windows menu. Not today. :-( I've highlighted individual letters and right clicked on 'em, tried different Workspaces,. etc. No luck. If there is another way to access alternate letter forms, I'd love to know what it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Illustrator CC tracing tool

Mimic Illustrator 5's abilities. I can't get a tight enough match tracing a raster image using CC to use for making an emboss or foil die

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the menus equal

InDesign and Illustrator menus are too different. It's hard to switch. Please make it equal. For example: Window menu: In Id it's grouped and in Ai not (better to find something!). See attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SCREEN IS ALL BLACK ON OPENING EXISTING FILE

Just updated to latest version of Illustrator this morning and when I open an existing file to work on it, the entire art board is BLACK. Only way to fix the problem is resize the Mac art board window. My whole team is experiencing this problem. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

Also copy-and-paste from illustrator to indesign seems like it has been disabled as well. Come on, folks... this is not good.... Super unhappy.

We have reverted back to the previous version in the meantime.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Eydropper changes font when applying color from an image...

When using the eyedropper to grab color from an image, and then place that color onto text (by holding down the ALT key). AI changes the font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Larger Stroke/Fill selector in Swatch panel

It is extremely difficult to choose the between the Fill and Stroke selector in the Swatch panel., especially on Retina displays. Please give us the option to make it larger, as seen in my attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Panel Stroke

After the upgrade to version 22.1, the profile is no longer open on the stroke panel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto-trace PSDs separately by group/layer

Transfer/convert Photoshop documents via auto-trace to illustrator vector shapes while retaining general group/layer hierarchy. Any shape layers in PSD should be converted to Illustrator shapes.

Example: Sketch a new puppet for Character Animator in Photoshop, open the PSD in Illustrator, use auto-trace to convert each layer separately, maintaining relative group/layer hierarchy. Clean up vector paths, use Illustrator puppet in Character Animator at any scale.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I have found effects and transparency to be problmatic

I have found effects and transparency to be problematic in the past for print, and svg unless you convert the graphic to raster. Which then defeats the benefits of vector.

What if you had a feature that could take the colors used in the effect or transparency and convert that to a basic gradient. "convert effect to gradient" or "convert transparency to gradient"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automated "Helper-> search" for Windows users.

C'mon. The iOS CC "help->search" tool will freaking show you where the button is.

THAT IS 'POTENTIALLY' THEEEEE COOOLEST INTERFACE-FEATURE EVER.

Windows CC "Help->Search" sends users to the internet.

That's just plain mean. That's Racist! That's a hate crime!

IF Hardware has that level of influence on the performance of your software, that should be BLATANTLY labeled "Batteries not included for Windows users"

The users of your software are not always the ones who choose the hardware. Often, that is beyond control. If apple starts making true 3D animation machines, then the ground would be level.

Until then, please do…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Learning and Help  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Radial interface (popup) for previewing ALL THE SWATCHES.... S I M U L T A N E O U S L Y.

If a user wants to preview ALL the swatches in the swatch library at once, the time and sequence of events to do so is extremely unnecessarily tedious.

"Preview all swatches" button -> BAM: radial view of all swatches on screen. (doesn't even have to be legible. text can be upside down. Maybe rotate it with the mouse wheel. Click one swatch set -> then Bam! That's the swatch docked to the panel. All the others dissapear. or "Unsummon the swatches" button.

"Smithers Release the hounds"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Artboard glitch when undo and redo

When I use the hot keys to undo and redo (Ctr+Z ; Ctrl+Shift+Z) more than once at a time, the entire artboard freezes. When I open the file again, all of my work is gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Brush with tool to scale a pattern brush properly.

When I use the width brush on a pattern brush, it scales the brush on all of the path to the widest bit used. I'd like it to scale only in the width direction, where I'm using it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for Microsoft SCUP

We have invested very large in SCCM infrastructure to support Global distribution of client applications. To speed up distribution of Adobe product versions we have analyzed Adobe Update Server solution.
    Based on our global environment that would require an enormous investment create a Adobe Update Server at every site location.

We would like Adobe to add support for Microsoft SCUM, that would speed up product distribution without very large investment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better drivers for monoprice drawing tablet

Drawing with monoprice drawing tablets causes random drawing effects. Trying to draw a straight line will cause loops, be off screen, etc. Only with brush tool currently. Drawing will occur without pressure just hovering above the tablet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Emoji Support

I tried to type the emoji on my Windows keyboard and it comes up as boxes. I can type them in Excel-- it seems like I should be able to in illustrator too!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stroked Object Transform Bug Constrain Error Adobe Illustrator CC 2017-2018

When using the transform panel to resize an object or multiple objects, it goes without saying if you select constrain, there should be confidence it will scale respectively. A circle remains a circle, a square a square, a 16:9 Graphic stays 16:9 etc. etc.

Unfortunately I have noticed a very concerning bug where if one of the objects has a stroke, it will not transform constrained. I noticed because the object I grabbed had a perfect circle, that seems maybe 5% horizontally compressed afterward.

I have done this screencast to show the bug does not occur on non-stroked objects- only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Honestly I would rather an entire year go by with now new features if

Honestly, I would rather an entire year go by with no new features. Instead, I would rather all of Adobe's efforts go into making the applications run faster. I am running a brand new, completely decked out MacBook pro, and am doing some UX design in illustrator. It is getting really frustrating when I try to nudge an item with the left arrow button and have to wait a couple seconds for it to actually happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Edit Artboards" button in top toolbar

The quickest way I have found of getting to the "edit artboards" state is to:

1. click "document setup" in the top toolbar (when the toolbar decides it wants to show that option; i know it's based on the tool i choose but I really would love for that button to always be there),

2. then a dialog box opens

3. then I click "edit artboards".

Usually what I'm wanting to do when I do that process is to move or resize artboards by clicking and dragging.

There is also a "preferences" button that I NEVER use in the toolbar, and basically every…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding Background Color to Pattern Options

When creating seamless pattern it would be very helpful to have the ability to select a background color in the Pattern Options palette. Especially for hex shape, if I create a separate background shape the overlapping doesn't always work especially for Hex. I use the Appearance palette as a workaround or manually add a background color/shape. Please see screenshot for reference. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base