When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe color themes bug

The "Open Color Themes Panel" button in Swatches opens a broken panel that cannot be resized to see it's web view. It can only be resized vertically. Seems like it went unchecked and shipped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sometimes when I use the Shift (m) tool, I get duplicate layers. Is there a tool to only select the top layers and delete bottom layers?

Sometimes when using the shift (m) tool, I delete out centers of objects, and then it creates multiple layers as duplicates. I must put a stroke on the top layer so that It can be cut out by my plotter. Well if there are duplicate layers, then all the layers get the same stroke, and then my plotter cuts multiple cut lines. Is there a tool to only highlight the top showing layers, and delete any duplicate layers underneath?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard Resizing

Would like to be able to resize the artboards in both directions with a preview.
    I'm sometimes having an issue where I can't resize the artboard in both directions x & y. Also now there is no preview for this operation like in previous versions.

CC18
    Windows 10 - all updates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. block no selecteced objects

Hi there,

I would like to ask adobe for:

Some kind of hotkey which block/freeze "no selected objects" so when you are working you don't worry about select/move/delete other objects by mistake.

Also very helpful when you are selecting those tiny anchor points.

For 2017 christmas please ;-)

Thanks,
    Marco B.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deactivate unused functions

An option to deactivate unused functions. In that way we could not only deactivate keyboard shortcuts (which it's already doable), but also speed up loading times and work flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. shaper tool eraser bug

When I scribble over an extra line with the shaper tool the line disappears. if I copy/paste or move the object, the line reappears. its really frustrating that I cannot copy and paste my drawing and makes the shaper tool useless for me. any way to fix this? attached is what i cant copy and paste

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. dashed line gap size

please allow the gap size to be completely variable. right now max gap is 13.88". This feature would be useful for putting grommet marks on banners, normally 24" spacing but can be many different spacings ( but not on the same banner). Thanks Bob

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Easier (or any) control over objects in layers

When in a layer I create an object, I need to be able to access it easily and control its order in the layer window. so my suggestion is:
    right click also allows selecting an object - like in photoshop
    A function that allows me to choose 2 objects and arrange their order - right now we need to press move back until you get to the correct order, it's very frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When it will be fixed question.

Dear Developers of Illustrator CC and Management team, i have seen the list of all of your pretty names in about illustrator section and can now play "How many Kumars worked on the latest version" game. It may be different in your culture and menthality, like you have more patience, tolerance, you think strategically and working on the long term goals or such. But why do you think that a half cooked curry should taste as good as propery cooked? Why for the heavens sake do we have to spend more time working as your Quality Assurance, and have a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tracing with machine learning or something similar

My question is: Is there is any program or chance that the illustrator trace will use less points and be more accurate?
    I love using the illustrator and I love tracing pictures with hand, but sometimes I just don't have the time or the energy to do it manually and the available trace solution is just not 10/10 for die cut lines and sometimes logo recreations (when the customer can send only a 100x100 pixel file, because of reasons).
    If there was a chance you made something that would check, analyse, and learn from my (and other volunteers') manual tracings…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow me to return to the interface that I've become accustomed to.

I absolutely hate updating Adobe Illustrator. This new Illustrator interface update is infuriating. The workflow that I've developed over years of working with this product is broken. I don't understand how anything works and I spend more energy wrestling with an interface that a just a short while ago was transparent to me than I do in the actual creative work that I am paid for. I'm sure you're proud of your work. I'm sure that you've tested it with naive users (I hope!) maybe even some seasoned users. But recognize that every time you make radical changes to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create design oriented PDF forms

It would be very helpful to have an option of creating PDF forms in Illustrator.
    Creating forms in Acrobat PRO is very clunky for anyone who needs more design oriented features. It would allow graphic designers to create editable PDF templates for products such as cards, invitations etc. Such templates are in a high demand, people want to purchase files that can be edited with ease and there are no good options for creating them.

Such feature would also be very helpful in InDesign for catalogs, brochures, anything with multiple pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. pen tool curved strokes

Not sure if this is a bug, a setting, a or a feature. But the stroke will not fill properly. This atrocity only occurs when attempting to make a curved line. Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Slices

I have created a logo and it saves in slices, and at one point in it's own folder, which I didn't ask it to do, I don't want that. Also the Illustrator program is to big, it falls off the screen at times and Photoshop is to small, I need a magnifying glass can they both be fixed so they can fit properly on the screen. Also now and then all the colors in swatch window disappears.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. CC subfolders not visible when opening files

Currently if you organise AI. iles into project folders within your local CC folder, these subfolders aren't visible when opening in AI. Libraries offers the ability to categorise assets / files into project folders that are visible making it super easy to find specific files. I know there is a search feature but, with hundreds of assets, being able to have multi level folder structure visible when opening AI files from local CC folder would be awesome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If an active text area is way off-screen, end text entry and treat keyboard input as shortcuts.

If you have been typing in a text area and pan away somewhere else, continuing to type results in the view port being dragged part of the way back to the active text area with the first key stroke and the rest of the way on the second.

Typing into an off-screen text area is almost always a mistake for me and usually results in a text area that is now empty except for a Space, V, T or A character from my most common keyboard shortcuts. I'd prefer if it just registered that I probably didn't want to type…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Password Protect for edit SVG "like save as PDF"

when save as PDF there are option "security" to can make password to restrict edit protected PDF, can please make this feature also for SVG.
    because for example : if put SVG illustration in website it very easy for any person to take from the website and open it in illustrator or any SVG edit program, so need to make password when open SVG in any SVG edit program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give Illustrator stand alone software buy.........

You really should let ppl buy standalone software like Photoshop and Premiere is now..

WTF not with Illustrator? and the other softwares...

I won't be using it much so paying under a subscription is too much....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)