When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve your UX/program behaviour for god's sake

Illustrator is the worst program I have ever work with, an that's an opinion I share with a lot of designers. Nothing is logic, everything is a nonsense and I lost A LOT of time trying to make so simple things. Photoshop is awesome, after effects is awesome, don't know what happen to you with Illustrator, but please make a review of how it works and fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unify Fill tool + gradient tool under properties(appearance)

Now we have 3 "ways" or windows to pick color from which is confusing.Unify everything under same roof like in other design apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I use a MacBook with Touch Bar it would be great if there was a way for the touch bar to mirror the top options menu. File, Edit, Object etc

I use a MacBook with Touch Bar it would be great if there was a way for the touch bar to mirror the top options menu. File, Edit, Object etc. So if I click file all the file options open up then you can keep going into options. The current touch bar options leave a lot to be desired and I think this is a way to greatly improve the use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create option to change order & position in which layers are duplicated or copy/pasted in the layers panel

Layer organization is extremely important to my work. I'm constantly duplicating layers using the select + alt feature, and constantly having to re-order layers because they automatically get placed above the layer I'm working on. I would like the option to make my duplicated layers go immediately below the layer I'm working on.

I would also like the option for copy/pasted layers to go immediately above/below the original layer, or all the way at the bottom.

I spoke to an Adobe rep on chat and they said this isn't currently possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 9-point magnetic object-to-grid (or-grid to-object) without smart guides

Could you consider a feature used in Esko Graphics (Artpro) for the placement of objects (9-point grid) to a crosshair or placing a crosshair to an object. This would expand current align and artboard functions into one clean and user friendly feature. Would also improve functions such as Mirror, Scale, Paste in place, copying to correct location across various files even if rulers are not set the same. For more details see: http://docs.esko.com/docs/en-us/artpro
    I can expand on this for you on request. Might answer a lot of similar requests into one new feature!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save Ai file to a working svgz

Goodmorning, I refer to the following issue: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9978412#9978412

I am working daily on a professional basis with Adobe Illustrator. I find it very disturbing that this issue isn't solved yet. I hope you can fix it.

Kind regards,
    Suzanne Cornelis
    Haynespro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pattern Brush Problem with Expand Appearance

I want to paint a topographic card (map) with complex Strokes for the streets and rivers and so on.

After creating different Pattern Brushes i would create a solid line for export to an other program.

After choosing the Stroke with an used Pattern Brush i would "expand appearance" for getting a clean version without strokes.
    The Result is a lot of segmented curves and destroyed formes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. view problem

I have a problem when after updating my mac os to the latest up date high sierra while using adobe illustrator ( the vectors have scratches and it got fixed when I zoom in and out from illustrator). check the attached file it might help explaining my problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Artboard Automatically Generated - No Preview Available

When a new artboard is generated, it is now automatically placed to the right of the active artboard. Previously, generating a new artboard would show a preview and allow me to place wherever I wanted.

I work frequently with nested artboards, and when I want to create a new artboard within the active artboard, I am taken away from the area I am viewing, which is frustrating. I now have to zoom out, turn off 'move with artboard' so that no art is interrupted, move the new artboard to the area I originally wanted it to be in, zoom in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. appending number after svg export

after exporting svg files there is a version number added to the file name... can you make this otional... It adds a bunch of unessasacry steps to my work flow as I have to then navigate to the file and rename it everytime I export...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More options for 'New Window'

When opening a 'New Window' a user currently can select different zoom levels to view a specific area in a document (full document view in one window and a macro view in the second window). I call this view 'aligned'.

The reason I call it aligned is represented by this scenario (at least this happens for my installation): the main document shows the top of a document containing a text block; the second window shows the bottom of a document also containing a text block - assume both windows are floating so that both are visible at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Editing the handles from a point in a vector line/shape.

When editing the handles from a point in a vector line/shape, it usually takes high accuracy to select the handle. It can be very frustrating to try and grab a handle, and you end up grabbing the shape underneath it instead - and moving the shape instead of adjusting the handle. I guess the tolerance on how close the cursor needs to be to the handle, has something to do with this. Maybe putting in a different logic that will understand that if a point on a line is selected and it displays the handles - then it is highly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Properly viewable and properly printable files NEEDED!

When creating a final file from Illustrator for a printer, I change type into outlines so that there will be no font problems. Then I save as a PDF. The PDF is VERY inconsistent in how it shows straight lines of letters. ie: lower case "L", cap "I", hyphens, dashes, and other letters with "straight" lines -- p, d, M, etc. The pdfs look terrible unless you blow them up very large. AND when you print them out, you can also see the differences in thickness of the letters on different printers. Questions: How do I tell my customer "Oh,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. High Sierra (macOS 10.2.6), Illustrator CC 2018

Application Bar gets disabled every time I switch on Application Frame. Please Fix the issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expanding scatter brush without boxes

When I create a scatter brush of random circles and then expand the appearance, it creates outlines of all the circles, but also adds in a box around each circle. When I 'Unite' the shapes the boxes are included and there are too many to have to go in and delete the boxes manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Common

Brings to light things for beginners as I.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can its possible to change the files inside number in running order on each file in a folder with action

Can its possible to change the files inside number in running order on each file in a folder with action

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Could you please add similar art board settings or features like Photoshop?

I generally use Adobe illustrator for App design and find it annoying on how illustrator art boards are too close together. Could you guys add the art board settings from Photoshop into to illustrator? I just like the spacing and the naming system defined by Photoshop. It allows for a nicer looking work space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base