When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Colours in Diagramms adjust to numbers

It would be cool that if I create a pie chart that I can name a "master colour" and Illustrator autmoatically adjust the colour transperancy in percent. Or if I could say these are my colours, combine them in a smart way so that a bar chart gets a smart gradient
    Thanks guys,
    Fran

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Packaging doesn't save library items

I use my Adobe Library function to save time in placing common graphics into files. However, I notice when I go to package the file to prepare it for the press, it doesn't collect all of the library items, and then turns into an endless loop where the it keeps prompting me to update items in the library. The only workaround for this currently is to grant more people access to my library, which is not best practice, or to go through every link that's on the cloud and resave it into a links folder manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Object-Path menu a part of Right-Click menu

Or at least a full part of the Properties palette. It would be a much faster workflow when adding/removing anchor points. Most of those menu items are used often enough to warrant an R-Click placement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export Panel and exportting for artboard dont work

I drag my icon to export panel and select svg. then hit export. A pop up appears only for half a sec and the export is not there. Same thing for exporting for screens; I select the artboard - export as svg and I select that it would make subfolders for me and show it after export. It opens the folder but its empty. This bug appeared after the latest update.I urgently need it to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Start drawing (onPenDown) Event option like Photoshop.

Having an option of drawing with the brush, pencil or blob tool on a (PenDown) Event, like in photoshop. Currently a dot or line, only appears on a penUp or penMove. thus it seems like there is a delay when drawing small shading or detailing lines quickly.
    Any delay for artists can be annoying.

It would great if Ai had that normal event of traditional drawing on paper. mouseUp and mouseMove is ok for a mouse, but a penDown is needed - i think.

If there is such an option, let me know. I cant seem to find it, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Effects" in menu when right clicking a selected object similar to InDesign.

In InDesign I can select an object and then right click on a PC and the menu that appears shows shows "effects." Illustrator should do that as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. calque non imprimable

Dans la version cc 2018, un calque non imprimable n'est plus différencié des autres par son non en italique, c'est très gênant et source d'erreur !
    IL serait bien de revenir sur ce petit détail, de grande importance dans les métiers du print. Par avance merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change font of a selected text to "Arial" instead of "ArialMT"

Unless the command for this is hidden from me, I cannot seem to find a solution to this age-old problem.

Where I work, I need the three following things to be true:
    1) Create an SVG that preserves editing capabilities thereby eliminating the need for more than one file. So, only one SVG file, and not an AI + SVG file.
    2) The fonts within that SVG must not break when displayed in a browser. The infamous "ArialMT" problem.
    3) Must not require a find-and-replace action to correct the font after the export. All actions must be done in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. libCC remain path aspect vs PDF like

When incorporating an object from a library, (but the same behavior occurs if the file is placed) the Object lose all the appeareance and is imported as expanded wth some "clipping path added"

however, the Appearance information is still in the file because if you ask to edit the original all is fine.

Could it be possible to add a preference in the "embed" menu to ask if you embed as "Pdf" or as "AICB" the same dialog you can have in Saving Clipboard Prefs ?

This could be really valuable.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

Hi Jean-Michel,

Press the Option key while dropping graphics from CC Library to artboard in Illustrator to bring the ‘original’ AI content. This will directly embed the graphic. Without the Option key it places the graphic, and all AI files get placed as PDF, hence the issues.

Does the Option key work for you?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

10. stop Live corners assumptions

When drawing with the curvature, I haven't tested with regular pen, if you draw a mix of corners and somewhat curved surfaces, then you go back to add some nice radiused corners, you will likely be annoyed by illustrator Thinking that you intended to draw a giant chamfer.

No, I didn't draw a large chamfer. Do not assume I drew a large chamfer. Assuming a radius when illustrator sees a tangent arc connecting two lines is Great. But with chamfer there's nothing to be tangent to. So just because I drew two sharp corners in a row, before two curved…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

This should not be happening. Seems like a bug. The corner should not become a chamfer unless you do an Option-click on the live corner widget. Could you please share more details on when this happens?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Type / Character

Left alignment for all fonts and Characters. As we all know when you type in Illustrator the alignment is not curate with the alignment tool or even justified tools. It would be really nice if the AI team could fix this issue.

See the attachment as an example. The only way to fix this is create outlines and then align.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unable to Make sunbeams in Illustrator.

In Pixelmator for Mac, in generators, I can create a sun beam. I need this for a project I am working on for a client for there business logo but do to its design I can make it into vector. so I need to be able to create it from scratch in illustrator but it lacks the ability to, see recording attached or link. I need "exactly" what you see as vector no lame alternatives, unless you can do better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2pxlaszbvihr8e/CaptoCapture%202017-11-0706-22-07_PM.mov?dl=0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Kuler Missing in CS6

I'm still using Illustrator CS6. Last week I was able to use Kuler but, this week, I'm not. I still see it as a menu item/selection but, when selected, nothing happens. Can I load Color Themes into CS6? Or are us CS6 holdouts being pushed closer to involuntary compliance?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Converting variable fonts and color fonts when saving

Periodic saving is a natural part of design work. Now when I periodically save I get to watch the 'wait bar' slowly slide by while it converts variable fonts and color fonts to objects. I DON'T even have any of those on my computer.

1. Illustrator 22.0.1

2. See above

3. Shouldn't have to wait to convert something that doesn't need converting.

4. See above.

5. I don't have a file to upload. It happens on all files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Non-Latin Support for Numbers in UI

I use Bengali extensively in CC, and it's frustrating that the interface doesn't understand Bengali numerals as their latin equivalents - for example if I type ৩৩ in the font size, it doesn't understand it as 33. However, I noticed that in the latest version of InDesign (13.0 x64) it does recognize & convert Bengali numerals - for example when I type ৩৩ in the font size box it converts it to 33pt. However, this still doesn't work in the current version of Illustrator (22.0.1 x64), and it would make sense to have this feature throughout the major CC products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. From hand writing to font and design

Urgent help needed. I need to upload my hand writing and create a regular foont from it. I also need to upload two words manually designed and to create a regular writing for a tattoo. Is there a specific function somewhere for this?? Thank you very much for help, I do not make graphic so often!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Opacity and tint/shade options for Transform effect

In EFFECT < DISTORT & TRANSFORM < TRANSFORM, it would be really great if you could have a way to fade out the shape's opacity when making copies. Other options, such as fading it to specified tint or shade, would be really great as well. You can approximate this in the blend function, but it cannot generate the fractal-like structures that the transform effect can, so it would be nice to further the artist's capacity to manipulate a single shape.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. File synchronization fails for ai files saved with CC 2018

I sync my files across several computers using Unison (an rsync command line tool). Since updating, .ai files will not synchronize. I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 and CC 2018 v 22.0.0 on the computers that I am syncing.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. make ai file. A4 RGB layout with one text item. Save.
    2. run Unison.
    3. synchronization fails with message that the ai file does not exist on the other computer because it could not be renamed from the tmp version of the ai file that unison pulls from the other computer.

Not sure if this is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. InCopy Assignments

Just as InDesign lets designers can assign InCopy assignments to text blocks, can the same functionality be done for Illustrator?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base