When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3D effects should include "back to 2D"

Roaming around the interface I fell on the 3D effects window and was wowed by all the possibilities. Then when I wanted to get back to work on my 2D object, I couldn't find how to do it. I expect something like the "no stroke" button in the stroke selection, in the top left position of the list of 3D effects. I clicked Ctrl-Z multiple times to get back, but it was really slow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

Hi Francis,

You can remove the 3D effect from your art from Appearance Panel. Just select the row for the effect in Appearance panel, hit the delete button at the bottom bar of the panel.

-Yogesh

2. Export to SVG, export page knockout groups.

Page knockout groups seem to be ignored when exporting to SVG. You can manually change the knockouts to cutouts, for example using pathfinder divide and deleting the unwanted parts, but would be nice if you didn't need to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The option button does not work with creating objects from a center point or copying using the option key.

The option button does not work with creating objects from a center point or copying using the option key.. tried uninstalling and reinstalling who creative cloud suite.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prototype mobile / web feature in adobe illustrator itself

It is helpful to integrate prototyping for mobile and web to show clients in illustrator itself

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text Alignment

The Text font reflects the actual physical font size. We're doing sign, size of the font is very important to us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. For Illustrator software to work better with domain environment

We are currently getting a Preferences folder read-only error when Illustrator is opened by any domain user on any of our domain linked computers. Adobe technical support says that Illustrator currently is not tested for and is not approved to work in domain environments. This is preventing many users in our department from using this software.

I am requesting for Adobe Illustrator CC to be better compatible with domain environments.

Please see case# 0189187231 as a reference.

Thanks,
    Paul

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. .ait Files not showing.

I dont know if this is the bug reporting area or not. However when i Create a ait file it will not allow me to open the original and it does not show up in the CC Library's when i upload it to CC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Designers are being asked to design for new end user media

Creating ways to take my vector to 3D, for 3D printing, CNC plasma cutting, and new ways that are being asked for designers and artist to file share and work better together. Exporting my work for auto cad, and 3D software, plotters etc and simplify the paths. There is 2D and there is 3D cad. But as an artist I want to be able to take what I have done in Illustrator and evolve my work and output options to and material to the next level. CorelDraw was just a play toy program. But it looks like they have got…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assets panel multiple selection with just mouse

I want to use mouse and "Ctrl" to select assets I want to export in Asset Export panel. But I can't do that. Mouse works only as per 1 selection. Yes, I can hold "Ctrl" and click on different assets or use Shift to select some, but that not useful for me. Sometimes I want to select big groups of assets located at the beginning and end of the assets list, so I just want to hold "Ctrl" and play with mouse easily and fast by selecting any items.
    ****, it's like you just holding "Ctrl" and selecting folder with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show slices names

I'm looking for a simple but very useful option for slices:
    "Show slice name"

Currently in setting of Illustrator there are only option:
    "Show slice numbers", - file attached.
    But it's doesn't give me anything actually.
    I've created names for each slice and I need to check these names visually, without need to select each slice and goto it slice settings..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Importoptionen dauerhaft sichtbar

Seit einiger Zeit können in Illustrator die Importoptionen nicht mehr dauerhaft eingeschaltet (sichtbar sein)!
    Es ist sehr nervig und kostet viele Klicks, wenn man immer erst auf den Optionen-Button klicken muss, um die derzeitigen Einstellungen zu sehen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exportación de recursos - Translated Asset Export

La herramienta de exportación de recursos me parece genial y muy práctica pero los archivos pierden calidad.
    Genero diferentes dibujos dentro de un mismo archivo para imprimir camisetas y esa opción para nombrar los archivos y exportarlos es muy rápida.
    La realidad es que pierden mucha calidad y tengo que acabar generando mesas de trabajo diferentes y exportandolos de forma tradicional.
    Creo que si mejoraran ese aspecto sería ya la herramienta perfecta.
    gracias

TRANSLATED

The asset export tool looks great and very practical but the files lose quality.
    I generate different drawings inside the same file to print t-shirts and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hue bar in Recolor artwork needs to come back

The older feature of 'Hue Bar' in the Recolor artwork was a really helpful tool
    this makes the color fixing and decision of color combinations so easier, please bring back this Hue bar.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Double-click of text should not select trailing space on macOS

On macOS, When using double-click to select a word in a text object, Illustrator is also selecting any trailing space. That is a common Windows behavior, but shouldn't be that way on macOS. Double-click should just select a the word (no surrounding whitespace).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fill/Stroke icons to match: in the tools bar

the smaller sub-icons for Fill and Stroke Boxes shouldto match. (Fill is Full and Stroke is Hollow). Under stroke, the icons only change for the color, but the icons do not change for gradient and no/color/opacity.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Use preview bounds" option in stroke panel

Please add the "use preview bounds" option not only available in the presets, but also in the stroke panel (e.g. with a checkmark) to make it easier to switch it on / off. That would make icon design much faster.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pattern Swatches Shift when Copied & Pasted

Copying and pasting a pattern filled object or text, especially when pasting into a new document, should not shift the pattern. This causes many issues when passing files to others.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Blur Below Transparent Object

Having the ability to create a frosted glass effect by being able to blur below a transparent object dynamically. Therefore if we move the transparent object, it will blur anything below itself automatically.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. dots (.) on units

when typing units, in any case (like sizing a square, or the width of a line), we were able to use the dot (.) for decimals, now it only reads the commas (,). So if i create a square (or any other object) and type on size something as: 3.5mm, it reads it as 35mm, if i want a 3.5mm square, i need to type 3,5mm (with a comma).

it is more practical to accept the dot, since it is right there at the numpad on the keyboard.

can we go back to that?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base