Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

575 results found

1. Alternative 'Object width/height' and gap options under Effect > Transform > Move

A couple of checkboxes in that panel for the dynamic size of the object could be handy. A gap value would also be great for the static gaps around multiplied objects. I've experienced 2 similar cases where that option could save me time:

1) Create an object and use 'Effect > Transform' panel to create copies, giving a horizontal or vertical move value. Then edit the object and change its bounding box. They either overlap or the gap between them widens.

2) Create the left half of a graphic you want dynamically be mirrored onto the right side. To use…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When moving objects with the arrow keys, hide its bounding box and borders

When moving objects arrownd with the mouse, its bounding box and borders hide, but when moving them with arrow keys, they don'.
    This would be very usefull when in need of aligning by eye

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to set line width based on the angle of the line

I'd like to be able to set the line width based on the angle of the line, so if the line width is 10 pt on horizontal lines, and you set it so it's 90% of that on vertical lines, it automatically sets it to 95% on 45 degree lines etc.

In the example image you'd just have to draw a circle, set it to a 10 pt line and then set the thickest point (vertical) to 400% of the thinnest part (the horizontal).

The controls for this would be simple, all you need to be able to do is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Brushes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This effect can be achieved with Calligraphy brushes. Set one up in Brushes panel, use angle 0, change the size to be the thickest weight you want, and use the roundness value to change it at thinner horizontal parts. If you want 4x difference, set it to 25% of the set size. Done — apply it to any path you want.

4. Enhancing Symbols in Adobe Illustrator

Dear Adobe Illustrator Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my appreciation for the incredible work you've done with Adobe Illustrator and to request a feature enhancement that I believe would greatly benefit the user experience. Specifically, I would like to propose improvements to the Symbols feature, focusing on the ability to change the values of instances, such as text or color, and the inclusion of multiple predefined values, such as night and day themes. Additionally, I would like to suggest improvements to the 9-slice feature, making it more responsive and adaptable to different…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Angled Guidelines

I'm working on a typography piece right now and my guidelines look like this (see attached.) The black lines are straight strokes. I think it would be really neat to have an option for angled guidelines, so I don't have to mix vertical/horizontal guides with strokes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Finished art / dtp related issue

New Bug
    in the latest version of AI , overprinting type objects all of a sudden have the correct colour i asigned & the correct overprint or knockout behaviour in the attribute field, however, if you generate seps or activate seperation preview it shows that type boxes remember their previous colour & setting - however they are showing the newly assigned setting but the behaviour does not match

i believe it originates if type boxes are grouped to other type boxes or objects, if i have a group of various elements, it should allow me without ungrouping & entering each…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change the basis of the the zero angle

I've always found the decision to have zero degrees along the horizontal odd and out of whack with many other applications and approaches. Being able to assign it vertical (north), would be much more useful and predictable, so as not needing to assign negative or positive values, or other weird differentials to actually get the correct angle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Chart enhancement request

Most of the time I work on creating charts, sometimes which will be recurring charts. So my request is if we can embed spreadsheet just like in Indesign for tables, it would save time and also if we have option to add values on top of column chart and at the same time controlling alignment would be much helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Blend shapes or lines along a curved path, like a "spline".

Type can be arranged along a custom curved path. Why not blends? As it is now, if I want to arrange repeating vertical lines along a curved horizontal path, I have to: create the blend in a straight line, then: line by line, go along the blend cutting off bits to match the curved horizontal baseline. I can make it look decent, but it takes quite a while.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to set a line length, no matter what angle the line is on.

It would be great if there was a section in the transform panel where you could enter a length for a line (instead of setting a height and width for the bounding box).

This way it would not matter what angle the line was draw at, it could be set to a specific length.

I've currently been drawing a vertical line, setting a height and then rotating to the correct angle but it is very tedious!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add an alert optional alert sound

I would like to have an option to enable an alert sound whenever I nudge or move an object in Illustrator. This would help me avoid accidental movements that can ruin my design or cause alignment issues. Sometimes I don’t notice that I have moved an object slightly when I click on it, and it can be very frustrating and time-consuming to fix it later.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. stroke width tool more defined errors with conflicting properties.

There are several things that do not allow the use of the "stroke width tool", like brushes, or having the stroke non aligned to the center... but right now the tool gives no hint about what is the issue, and why is not working.
    What about giving you a more specific error, and showing the option to dissable this conflicting property. (if you cannot work around the stroke width in this circumstances.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Radial Array Feature (akin to AutoCAD)

I know there's a workaround whereby one can accomplish this, or nearly so, with the rotate/copy function; however, the implementation is somewhat inelegant, especially for new users who might not be aware of the 360/x syntax. It has been a number of years since I have used CAD, but I recall the Polar Array command being much more full-featured and am struck that AI still doesn't have a better way to do this. In point of fact, a liner array wouldn't be a bad addition, either, and would save the headache of trying to do it with patterns or align

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display Tablet : Wacom CINTIQ 22HD VS XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro REVIEW

Hello everyone, I'm an Illustrator user, I usually use the Adobe Illustrator, Evernote, Dropbox software and tasks. Mostly Illustrator on my display drawing tablet.

CINTIQ 22HD

I know there are a lot of people who are looking for Cintiq alternatives as Wacom's tablets are expensive. I had been wanting a Cintiq for years but never really thought they were worth all that money. However, after I had a chance of using Cintiq 22HD for a few days, I came to realize that drawing on a display tablet is far quicker and more enjoyable than doing it on non-display tablets.
    SO,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Feedback on new Recolor artwork (in Beta now)

New redesigned Recolor artwork is available in Beta now.

We heard from many of you that the current Recolor is confusing and difficult to use. This new Recolor has a completely redesigned experience with an added ability to recolor your art based on your referenced images & artwork. We have broken the Recolor into two sections. When you invoke Recolor, you would see an on canvas dialogue that allows you to quickly Recolor your artwork with all the basic controls. For advanced settings, you can click on more options (...).

We would love to hear your candid feedback. Please provide…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 25 26 27 29 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base