Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or
  1. Blend shapes or lines along a curved path, like a "spline".

Type can be arranged along a custom curved path. Why not blends? As it is now, if I want to arrange repeating vertical lines along a curved horizontal path, I have to: create the blend in a straight line, then: line by line, go along the blend cutting off bits to match the curved horizontal baseline. I can make it look decent, but it takes quite a while.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ability to set a line length, no matter what angle the line is on.

It would be great if there was a section in the transform panel where you could enter a length for a line (instead of setting a height and width for the bounding box).

This way it would not matter what angle the line was draw at, it could be set to a specific length.

I've currently been drawing a vertical line, setting a height and then rotating to the correct angle but it is very tedious!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. FantasticFold - packaging design

Solution for packaging design layout as presented at Adobe MAX 2018 with the hashtag #FantasticFold.

Long time missed the workflow from the creation of the dieline to the artwork placement in the package in a way the is aligned when package is folded.....
    better that explaining a sort video explains the requested tool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-llAe4fsJ-A
    thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Simple little change: Remove tiny shadow behind new artboard

I've noticed this for years... whenever I create a new document in Illustrator--no matter the size or mode and without any bleed settings, the artboard has a tiny grey "drop shadow" behind the artboard. See ATTACHED. It does not affect art and never prints, but more times than I can count I've found myself zooming in and attempting to select/delete it, thinking I left some sort of unwanted element behind while I was working. Or I see the faint "border" and think my graphic elements aren't fully aligned to the page edge, when the actually are.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Radial Array Feature (akin to AutoCAD)

I know there's a workaround whereby one can accomplish this, or nearly so, with the rotate/copy function; however, the implementation is somewhat inelegant, especially for new users who might not be aware of the 360/x syntax. It has been a number of years since I have used CAD, but I recall the Polar Array command being much more full-featured and am struck that AI still doesn't have a better way to do this. In point of fact, a liner array wouldn't be a bad addition, either, and would save the headache of trying to do it with patterns or align

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alternative 'Object width/height' and gap options under Effect > Transform > Move

A couple of checkboxes in that panel for the dynamic size of the object could be handy. A gap value would also be great for the static gaps around multiplied objects. I've experienced 2 similar cases where that option could save me time:

1) Create an object and use 'Effect > Transform' panel to create copies, giving a horizontal or vertical move value. Then edit the object and change its bounding box. They either overlap or the gap between them widens.

2) Create the left half of a graphic you want dynamically be mirrored onto the right side. To use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display Tablet : Wacom CINTIQ 22HD VS XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro REVIEW

Hello everyone, I'm an Illustrator user, I usually use the Adobe Illustrator, Evernote, Dropbox software and tasks. Mostly Illustrator on my display drawing tablet.

CINTIQ 22HD

I know there are a lot of people who are looking for Cintiq alternatives as Wacom's tablets are expensive. I had been wanting a Cintiq for years but never really thought they were worth all that money. However, after I had a chance of using Cintiq 22HD for a few days, I came to realize that drawing on a display tablet is far quicker and more enjoyable than doing it on non-display tablets.
    SO,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Feedback on new Recolor artwork (in Beta now)

New redesigned Recolor artwork is available in Beta now.

We heard from many of you that the current Recolor is confusing and difficult to use. This new Recolor has a completely redesigned experience with an added ability to recolor your art based on your referenced images & artwork. We have broken the Recolor into two sections. When you invoke Recolor, you would see an on canvas dialogue that allows you to quickly Recolor your artwork with all the basic controls. For advanced settings, you can click on more options (...).

We would love to hear your candid feedback. Please provide…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 25 26 27 29 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base