When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autofind Missing Links like in Indesign

When I'm relinking a missing image in Indesign, it automatically finds other missing links in the same folder that a relinked to. It would be life changing if Illustrator did the same. Currently you have to manually relink each missing link which can become very tedious.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert text to outlines on open

If fonts are missing on open, give the option to expand/convert to outlines. I work in the sign industry, It is a huge hassle to contact customers to have them convert it and re-send it. They frequently don't know how/didn't make the artwork to begin with. I typically get around this using acrobat watermark trick, but it's very time consuming. We have over 6,000 fonts, and we still have missing fonts all the time.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Links 'Reveal in Finder' function as InDesign

Add an extra Links panel function under or above 'Reveal in Bridge' called maybe 'Reveal in Finder', as already exists in InDesign.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  13 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Illustrator forgets which color mode is set in the Color palette (and Gradient)

Color panel always starts with RGB values. That's useless or very hard to use 99% of the time. So first thing for me is to set my Color panel to HSB and it stays like that for that session, but after a restart it's RGB again. Always!
    Gradient panel is even worse because it forgets instantly.
    Standard gradient's pop up color select is a Grayscale slider. I've never in my life needed that - not to mention HSB has the same with the value slider. But this bothers me less than what follows:
    If I change Grayscale to HSB and…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock,hide or deactivate artboards

An option to lock, hide or deactivate one or several artboards would improve working with multiple versions of graphics - especially when you you need to return to an earlier ittaration.

When saving to AI-file you have to erase the artbord (with the graphics floating in space) to get rid of the page.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prevent "Align paragraph" from moving the text from its position

It's by far the thing that annoys me the most about Illustrator;
    when you have your point text already positioned you need it to be aligned to a side and when you press the "align" button in the paragraph options the text moves and aligns to its previous center.
    It's a complete time-waster!

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Flow chart connectors

Basic flow chart connectors- making either end of a path object stick to the edge, middle or corner of another object surely isn't that hard programmatically for your coders? Leave it to us to sort out where the paths go if you like but this functionality seems pretty basic (and universally demanded) for the Illustrator user.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Export for Screens" Control Dimensions and Resolution with Additional Profiles

Have presets for other files just like "Adobe PDF Presets" so you can make definitions for a variety of file types.

Alternatively build out the "File > Export > Export for Screens > Format Settings" to include things like resolution, image quality, etc. JPG 100 to JPG 20 should be in these settings and not in the "Export for Screens" dialog.

This would address some of the issues with "Export for Screens" defined in the following thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2383113

P.S.
    The IOS and Android presets are a good idea, but I would expand this so people can set up their own…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To add a new document preset size in A5

I regularly design flyers in A5 size and it would be great to have that as a new document preset in addition to A4 and A3

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increment/Decrement Stroke Weight key commands

My kingdom for Increment/Decrement Stroke Weight key commands! These commands could be bound to the [ and ] keys by default since this is how you control brush weight. It would be wonderful if you could set the increment/decrement amounts in Preferences as well!

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add Page Numbering on artboards. Thanks.

Please add "Insert Page Number" Feature on multiple artboards. Because we need it so much. Thank you.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 100% size is actually actual size

Allow Illustrator to be monitor-aware. Have a feature where there is an onscreen ruler, and ask the user to hold up a real ruler to the screen. Let them drag a slider until the onscreen ruler perfectly matches the physical ruler. Then let this % value become the new "100% size" for that machine. Currently to see my artwork at 100% size, I need to set my view to 192%. I wish there was a setting to set my "100%" to default to 192%.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In CC 2019 (latest update 23.0.1), at 100% Zoom 1inch artwork would display at 1inch in physical (Print) size, on any display. If this doesn’t work right for screen design workflows, please use the checkbox Preferences > General > Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, to turn off the feature. Currently this feature works only on primary display, and there are plans of extending this to other attached displays.

13. Make Knife tool work with smart guides

Knife is a very freehand tool, but you can make straight cuts, if you hold Alt. Cool. But you can't position these cuts precisely! Nor with a smart guides (at least!) or Snap to grid.
    Please improve it!

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MacOS Full Screen Mode

Utilization of the OS level window management to perform and launch full screen mode like the vast majority of all other apps.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Assignable keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING.

In the 'keyboard shortcuts' dialogue, I would like to have a section that contains the flyout menu items and buttons of every palette.

Ideally this would be automatically populated when a palette is created, so that palettes created by 3rd-party plugins would be able to take advantage of this without a new version.

Currently there is an 'other panels' section in the assignable menu commands that lets you assign keystrokes to ten seemingly-arbitrary palette menu items. I'd love to see a ton more choices there. No need for default shortcuts; this is a way for power users to pick exactly…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add isometric drawing tools

Von Glitchka has an isometric drawing tools course on Lynda.com. I love producing drawings, but by adding one or two tools illustrator you could save alot of time and effort.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Free Distort Bounding box doesn't follow shape

I know this isn't a bug, but it definitely feels that way. The Bounding box when using the free distort reset back to the initial shape and doesn't follow the shape you are shaping, Which makes it virtually impossible to make fine tuned distortions. The way it works in Photoshop is the way it should be.

I see people have complained about this for YEARS!
    I cannot see a single use case where the current way is preferable.

And using the effect Free Dstort isnt anybetter, since you don't get a visual representation on the artboard of what you are…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have improved the working experience of Free Distort tool. Now the bounding box will not reset! This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback

18. Rotate in Portrait Mode on Surface Pro

When rotating the Surface Pro from landscape to portrait, Illustrator will not stay in portrait mode. It reverts back to landscape.
    Adobe Photoshop works in portrait mode.
    Illustrator used to work in portrait mode, but no longer does in CC 2017 and CC 2018.

Example of issue here:
    https://youtu.be/fVQQJR9SMzg

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save Illustrator pattern swatches to palettes in Creative Cloud libraries

It would be great to be able to save pattern fill swatches and pattern brushes, as patterns and brushes. Currently it works fine if you save a graphic that uses pattern fills and brushes. But for me it would be useful to save and organize them in their native Illustrator format.

Thanks!

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offset path

Would like to see option to always have preview on. Also arrow controls for incremental measurement changes (as in transform) . These are available in many other parts of the interface.

This would speed up the process of creating an offset path.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base