When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To add a new document preset size in A5

I regularly design flyers in A5 size and it would be great to have that as a new document preset in addition to A4 and A3

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Knife tool work with smart guides

Knife is a very freehand tool, but you can make straight cuts, if you hold Alt. Cool. But you can't position these cuts precisely! Nor with a smart guides (at least!) or Snap to grid.
    Please improve it!

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Selection tolerance for selecting handles.

Selection tolerance does not work for handles selection. You need to be very precise to select them. When smart guides are on, it works, but not when they are off.. For my type of work it's better to work without smart guides.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please let us turn off the Tour

Please please please let us turn off the tour. It is annoying beyond words to have it always popping while working.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Layer Panel Rename + tab

This one is (or sounds) easy and would mimick Photoshop’s function :
    I need to be able to rename layers in a row without scripting, by simply typing tab to go to the next visible layer’s name.

• it would really help with Character Animator's process.

Step by step :

I’m in the Layers panel.
    Those are badly named (layer 1, layer 2, layer 7…)
    I double click on the top layer (1) name to change it.
    I type « item A »
    Then i press Tab once.
    I’m now in the « layer 2 » name field, and all is…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Library Organization

I can't figure out a way to organize our cloud libraries. We are trying to make one library per client and having everything in chronological order can make it really hard to find icons and other elements that could be grouped by category. If we could drag them around to rearrange that would be great, if we could create little groups or folders of them like swatches that would be even better.

Thank You!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Added To Backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Artboards do not snap to whole pixels

When the snap to pixel option is turned on and I use the Artboard Tool dragging the corner of the artboard results in random decimals.
    Say if my artboard is 512x512 and I drag a corner out it will now be dragging at every pixel but with a random decimal rather than a integer. this decimal will be the same at every snapped pixel until I let go. at this point if I move it again a new random decimal will be added.

These two screenshots show issue values. take not it is random and the X and Y values…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

8. Assignable keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING.

In the 'keyboard shortcuts' dialogue, I would like to have a section that contains the flyout menu items and buttons of every palette.

Ideally this would be automatically populated when a palette is created, so that palettes created by 3rd-party plugins would be able to take advantage of this without a new version.

Currently there is an 'other panels' section in the assignable menu commands that lets you assign keystrokes to ten seemingly-arbitrary palette menu items. I'd love to see a ton more choices there. No need for default shortcuts; this is a way for power users to pick exactly…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flow chart connectors

Basic flow chart connectors- making either end of a path object stick to the edge, middle or corner of another object surely isn't that hard programmatically for your coders? Leave it to us to sort out where the paths go if you like but this functionality seems pretty basic (and universally demanded) for the Illustrator user.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Data merge like Indesign

It would be nice if you could have the data merge function like in Indesign so you can import .csv-files.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom layer colors, layer 5 yellow is killing me

Can i please change the default layer colors so that layer 5 is not always yellow? I set up files all day long and yellow on white is ******* the eyes, would love to be able to set a default layer color for the first 5 or six new layers. Thank you.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Offset path

Would like to see option to always have preview on. Also arrow controls for incremental measurement changes (as in transform) . These are available in many other parts of the interface.

This would speed up the process of creating an offset path.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I need an option to disable path segment reshape tool

Please! Let me disable path segment reshape tool, because the anchor tool is totally unusable because of it. It almost impossible to point on a vector, because every time the path segment reshaper gets in the way!

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save Illustrator pattern swatches to palettes in Creative Cloud libraries

It would be great to be able to save pattern fill swatches and pattern brushes, as patterns and brushes. Currently it works fine if you save a graphic that uses pattern fills and brushes. But for me it would be useful to save and organize them in their native Illustrator format.

Thanks!

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the issue has caused. We do test our products thoroughly including running it through multiple beta testers and we really regret that this issue slipped past our quality checks.
    We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.5 (Build 3). While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use/recommend it for your day to day activity.
    We would appreciate if you can give us the feedback on the correctness of the fix by pressing the Thumbs up button on the UserVoice page.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

16. "Export for Screens" Control Dimensions and Resolution with Additional Profiles

Have presets for other files just like "Adobe PDF Presets" so you can make definitions for a variety of file types.

Alternatively build out the "File > Export > Export for Screens > Format Settings" to include things like resolution, image quality, etc. JPG 100 to JPG 20 should be in these settings and not in the "Export for Screens" dialog.

This would address some of the issues with "Export for Screens" defined in the following thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2383113

P.S.
    The IOS and Android presets are a good idea, but I would expand this so people can set up their own…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the Align Objects Contextual

Make the Align Objects functionality more closely resemble After Effects insofar as when you select 1element Align To Selection automatically sets to Composition and when two or more elements are selected Align To Selection is automatically selected. This 'Align Auto-selection' could be a preference.

If this isn't possible or sensible at least make the two options (Selection and Composition) both visible or bigger and not in a dropdown.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. GET RID OF THE REVERT HOTKEY!

The hot key for Revert is WAY too similar to the hot key for Save As in Photoshop and I lost an entire day fo work saving after finishing a project. The fact that that can happen accidentally, even with the approval button is INFURIATING!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add isometric drawing tools

Von Glitchka has an isometric drawing tools course on Lynda.com. I love producing drawings, but by adding one or two tools illustrator you could save alot of time and effort.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Typesetting formulas, mathematical equations and symbols in LaTeX-style

When typesetting mathematical formulas, LaTeX is the way to go and is the standard in many scientific areas. But a problem arises when mathematical symbols should be used in figures. If these figures are e.g. created in Illustrator, it is always a bit inconvenient to include the symbols in the figure. It is e.g. necessary to render the symbols separately and include them as EPS files in Illustrator or the symbols are added later to the figure by another program.

It would be really cool to have a build-in feature in Illustrator which would allow direct typesetting in the common…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base