When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offset path

Would like to see option to always have preview on. Also arrow controls for incremental measurement changes (as in transform) . These are available in many other parts of the interface.

This would speed up the process of creating an offset path.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I need an option to disable path segment reshape tool

Please! Let me disable path segment reshape tool, because the anchor tool is totally unusable because of it. It almost impossible to point on a vector, because every time the path segment reshaper gets in the way!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MacOS Full Screen Mode

Utilization of the OS level window management to perform and launch full screen mode like the vast majority of all other apps.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GET RID OF THE REVERT HOTKEY!

The hot key for Revert is WAY too similar to the hot key for Save As in Photoshop and I lost an entire day fo work saving after finishing a project. The fact that that can happen accidentally, even with the approval button is INFURIATING!

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have started working on this request. This was only a Mac-related issue where the shortcut got changed. We are setting it back to F12. We are not removing this shortcut, because a lot if users do use this shortcut. If you want to remove it, or change it to even more obscure key, you can do it as per your liking by editing the shortcut.

Please refer this link to know how to customize keyboard shortcuts: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/customizing-keyboard-shortcuts.html#Definenewkeyboardshortcuts

Thanks,

Varun

5. Batch relink to CC libraries

I would like to be able to select more than one CC library link in a document and batch relink, instead of having to go through and manually do each and everyone.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lock,hide or deactivate artboards

An option to lock, hide or deactivate one or several artboards would improve working with multiple versions of graphics - especially when you you need to return to an earlier ittaration.

When saving to AI-file you have to erase the artbord (with the graphics floating in space) to get rid of the page.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the issue has caused. We do test our products thoroughly including running it through multiple beta testers and we really regret that this issue slipped past our quality checks.
    We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.5 (Build 3). While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use/recommend it for your day to day activity.
    We would appreciate if you can give us the feedback on the correctness of the fix by pressing the Thumbs up button on the UserVoice page.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

8. Please add Page Numbering on artboards. Thanks.

Please add "Insert Page Number" Feature on multiple artboards. Because we need it so much. Thank you.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the Align Objects Contextual

Make the Align Objects functionality more closely resemble After Effects insofar as when you select 1element Align To Selection automatically sets to Composition and when two or more elements are selected Align To Selection is automatically selected. This 'Align Auto-selection' could be a preference.

If this isn't possible or sensible at least make the two options (Selection and Composition) both visible or bigger and not in a dropdown.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Static Symbols the default, instead of Dynamic Symbols.

A new symbol is saved as "Dynamic" by default. Please make "Static" symbols the default. They are the "Standard" and should remain the default. It is the exception when I want a "dynamic" symbol.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Artboard background color needs to be user-assignable

We need to be able to change artboard background color.

Working on pure white is straining on the eyes and it's rarely appropriate for non-print projects (99% of my work). Having to draw colored rectangles, lock them or put them on separate layers, and then manage them when we resize or duplicate artboards is painful and tedious.

Let's have an icon for it next to the artboard name (in the Artboard palette) where we can choose a swatch (including transparent).

Let's support changing multiple artboard colors at once with multi-selection.

Thank you!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Apply any Cap Style to a Stroke End Point

Allow user to be able to select an end anchor point on a stroke and apply any cap they choose. So one path could have a butt cap on one end and round cap on the other end. This would make building certain styles with strokes far easier and avoid problems that the current workflow creates when expanded at times.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. UPGRADE Touch Workspace: Add Layers Window, Brush Selection & MORE

It's such a task to be switching from touch workspace to my regular workspace simply to change the layer I'm working on as well as to use a custom brush. I think the touch workspace needs an upgrade! There are many artists (including myself) who love Illustrator and love using active pens to draw.
    There is still a lot more room in the workspace for additional features. I think the size of the tool icons is a bit too big, they can be resized and the features we need can be added! Make it better for us!

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How about updating the Pantone+ library so it actually includes all the colors available.

How about updating the Pantone+ library so it actually includes all the colors available. There are 112 new colors that we cant use.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Preview Checkbox defaults to On rather than Off

I'm not sure if there is a reason for this, but for the 12 years I've been using Illustrator, the effects checkbox always defaults to "Off" and every time I make an edit to an effect, I have to switch it to "On". It never remembers my setting and there is no way to make it default to On. Either would be acceptable.

Many thanks for everything.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

All the effect checkboxes have now been set to ON by default, and are sticky (meaning that if you disable preview, on next launch of Illustrator preview will remain disabled). This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

16. Align to artboard when only when item/group of items is selected.

Have aligning be dynamic depending on what is selected. If one item or group of items is selected auto select align to artboard rather than the last selected option.

If multiple items are selected but not group it would auto select align to selection.

This would reduce time having to check what you are aligning to since 99% of the time when you are trying to align a group it is to the artboard and the same with selecting multiple objects. It is a hassle having to constantly be checking and changing my align options.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this feedback. We have started working on this. Now, when you’ll select a single object/group, Align To setting will default to Align To Artboard. Will update this thread when this gets implemented in Beta.

Thanks,

Varun

17. Save and sync Keyboard shortcuts in the cloud

I've been waiting for this feature for quite some time.

I was hoping it would be there when CC first came out, and it's still missing. Will there be such a feature anytime soon?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CMD - CMD + : Zoom to center screen as in Previous versions

In new versions, CMD + and CMD - Zoom to center of a selected object rather than always the centre of the screen.
    It would be great if the possibility to restore the old feature was given.

Thank you!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

19. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

20. Precision for Wacom in illustrator is absurdly painful! Can't select nodes! This has been a bug for ages!

Improve Wacom support! Using even the latest wacom intuos pro it's impossible to select a node when drawing as it expects you to hit the exact pixel... Who can do that!!!!!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base