Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or
  1. Hue cube / Live Color Picker

Would it be possible to import the Hue cube from Photoshop when choosing color? MagicPicker plugin won't work when selecting gradient colors (it will just replace the gradient completely) and Color Picker doesn't allow for real-time changes, you need to select the color and press OK to see the change. Color tab works perfectly, but the available color palette is impractical to use. I have no clue why you are not using the same setup as in Photoshop, where the Color tab looks exactly like the Color Picker. People have been complaining about this for 4 years now.

Youtube video…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make color control a **** of a lot more intuitive

Hi team,

I am familiar with InDesign and Photoshop. I am really trying to use illustrator on a project. I am fairly new to illustrator and am using the latest version as of 10/30/2018. I have to say the way you use and set colors in Indesign is either horribly broken (i.e., Bug) or it is not at all intuitive or similar to other Adobe tools. For example, I want to create a color gradient swatch that is applied to an image and then alter the color gradient and see how it looks. Seems simple - but I have been…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gradients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. These properties should now be

1- Gradient panel > for gradient sliders > eyedropper is must be active
    2- Swatch or color panel > right click must be active > for stroke color
    3- Asset export panel > only selection out export ( fit to select art )

These are the properties that should be. When will he come?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Polygonal Lasso/Rubber Band effect for standard lasso

Polygonal Lasso/Rubber Band effect for standard lasso. Should work just like PS lasso. You don't get a break now. Once you start a lasso selection it's on until you've completed your selection.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tool nesting groups

I'm on a laptop. With the nested tools off to my right you can organize them to be in little clusters when you use them. Its great. When you have the three window options for color / gradient / swatches it would be nice to be able to click and drag a swatch onto the tab of one of the nested sets for a second and have it switch to the underlying window. For example, you drag a swatch square onto the gradient tab and then you could drop the swatch color right into the gradient slider. Now, you have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Content Aware Defaults is an All or Nothing option

Checking the Enable Content Aware Defaults option in Preferences controls 3 features: Crop Image, Puppet Warp and Freeform Gradient. It would be nice to be able to turn them on/off individually. Now it is all or nothing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bevel effect

How do we create the light grey to white inner gradient effect on type? (see attached image)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please give us better Transparency tool like in CorelDraw and Affinity Designer

I'm fighting between working in Affinity Designer and Illustrator, AD has much better drawing tools, it's faster than Ai, but I love the familiarity of Ai. If you can give us better Gradient and Transparency tools like in AD that would be amazing! It would help speed up the coloring process when making more realistic artwork. See Screen shot from AD.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adding gradients to swatch groups

1) DESCRIPTION: Right now, we can set gradients as swatches, and we can set several swatches to go into a group. However, we cannot save gradients to a swatch group. But what if we could?

2) WHY IS THIS VALUABLE TO YOU?: Because, Adobe, why would you have "swatch groups" when you can't even put the different varieties of swatches in them?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Halftone vectore

As one of my friend getting irregular shaped while creating Halftone Vector by following this steps

Create a shape (circle) > Use Gradient in it > Effect > Pixelate > Color halftone > Object > Raster > Image trace

He was getting irregular circle shapes in the artwork

So while exploring to resolve this we added Blend option just after doing raster. That remove the irregular shape.

Create a shape (circle) > Use Gradient in it > Effect > Pixelate > Color halftone > Object> Raster >Blend (inside object menu)> Blend options> Image trace ( make sure that Ignore white…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Control stroke thickness spanning across the whole line.

Ability to control the stroke thickness on different points on a single line, much like how the gradient works, but with stroke thickness.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Strokes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. disable few pixel width zoom

When I zoom in and out, I often accidentally move the mouse a tiny bit and it assumes I want to zoom in to a couple pixel area.

This has happened to me thousands of times and I have never, not once, needed to zoom into a tiny section of my work.

If the zoom plus or minus overrode the tiniest of selections that are just inadvertent miniscule movements, I think that would help people a LOT.

Also, still waiting for an export raster setting, becouse doing all this manually (render, import, place) is such a waste of time. That…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Effect/Filter parity with Photoshop/Indesign/After Effects

Many of the effects in Illustrator seem to be only half implemented (in comparison to PS/AE/etc). Illustrator's glow/shadow/etc effects only have a few options compared to the same effects in other Adobe apps, which makes them less adaptable & powerful. Please beef up the effects (and add new ones, such as directional feather/gradient feather/inner shadow) in Illustrator so that they match the offerings in Adobe's other apps.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make blend profiles and better blend controls

Blend tool in AI is weak.
    Please add acceleration for both attributes and positions for blended objects, as other competitors do.
    Remove positioning by bezier tension, people hardly use it (watch forums), — make separate curve control for it (or at least sliders!)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add CSS color styling option to OpenType-SVG specification, so font colors may be altered in Illustrator

Currently, OpenType-SVG color fonts come with pre-defined colors.

To provide glyphs in different shades, additional stylistic sets need to be added to the font, bloating it tremendously.

I propose to add the ability to OpenType-SVG to have certain colors of a glyph being overwritten by the application (e.g. Illustrator), so text colors can be applied to a range of glyphs just like it's done with standard monochrome glyphs.

To do so, OpenType-SVG should be able to export a set of color reference names, referenced within the glyph's SVG. An application may then assign alternate colors to those color references, so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Import SVG fill-rule="evenodd"

This is a major problem for having SVG look correct.

Please import fill-rule="evenodd" properly. Test case of an "O" that imports incorrectly (as fill-rule="nonzero") without the hole in the middle. Illustrator gets this wrong, but XD imports it properly. Some additional issues:

1. Ref-ing the same mask crashes Illustrator.
    2. Nested masks don't import properly.
    3. Gradient and image transforms and patterns (fit/fill/tile) don't import

<svg width="90" height="90" viewBox="0 0 90 90" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
    <title>O</title>
    <use xlink:href="#path1_fill" fill="#C4C4C4"/>
    <defs>
    <path id="path1_fill" fill-rule="evenodd" d="M 67.0157 46.007C 68.8447 34.502 61.8237 24 48.1947 24C 33.9167 24 25.0667 34.03 23.2967 44.945C 21.4677 56.45 28.1347 66.952 42.1767…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

18. Colours in Diagramms adjust to numbers

It would be cool that if I create a pie chart that I can name a "master colour" and Illustrator automatically adjust the colour transparency in percent. Or if I could say these are my colors, combine them in a smart way so that a bar chart gets a smart gradient
    Thanks guys,
    Fran

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Linking Paths without Grouping/Compounding

Like in Photoshop, I'd like to link paths (like PS linking layers) that does not group them together, compound them, or reorganize them within my document. I just want to be able to select one piece and have it select the linked paths at the same time, even if they are alternating with other paths within my layer.

(See Image: Shadows alternate level on layer, flat–shadow–flat–shadow–etc. I would just like to select those shadows all at once, while also having the same gradient within other non-linked paths).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Vector Halftones Effect (within AI and without third-party plugins)

I would like AI to integrate a feature that can convert raster images and/or vector elements (gradients, sketches, shapes, anything..) into a perfectly shaped round dots Halftones Effect.

As a matter of fact, it is already possibile to get something similar by applying the raster halftones Effect to the element and then Live Tracing it. But the result is something uneven made of irregular circles or shape. So it is not a precise function to take into consideration.

The effect should be achieved without any third-party plugins or anything which is not already included in the full AI…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base