When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. gradients as swatches in CC libraries

Ability to save gradients as swatches in the CC libraries, instead of having to save as graphic and it opens in a separate file

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. layers in folders

Given that Photoshop can group layers into folders, illustrator should have the same capacity to bring the experience closer together.

It would allow for greater flexibility when editing artwork. F

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Layer Comps

Layer Comps like Photoshop but for Illustrator. If you do this, it should fix the problem of showing all the layers when I toggle the solo on and off. I love the solo but it would be nice if the solo remembered what layers were already off when I toggled the solo on. If this was try then when I toggle the solo off, the off layers should stay off.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rotation center point remains with objects and groups, and is used when rotating an object using the bounding box controls.

I want to be able to permanently edit (and reset) an object's (or group's) rotation axis (centre point). I want the new rotation axis to apply for subsequent rotation transformations, for example when using the bounding box controls.

Currently, the rotation tool (r) allows you to pick up and move an object's centre, and then rotate the object around that point. Great, except that point disappears as soon as you exit the rotation tool, which isn't very helpful.

I'm told Corel Draw had something like this... I can't overstate how much power and efficiency it would add to my workflow.…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Percentage rulers

Photoshop has Percentage as a unit for its ruler, and I find it very useful when one needs to center an element, or drag a guide in the middle or the third of the image, especially as one can stick to the ruler marks.

I always wondered why Illustrator did not have that functionality.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CMD - CMD + : Zoom to center screen as in Previous versions

In new versions, CMD + and CMD - Zoom to center of a selected object rather than always the centre of the screen.
    It would be great if the possibility to restore the old feature was given.

Thank you!

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

7. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

8. Script for Data Merge from excel into Illustrator

I am looking for a way to import excel data into specific layers in Adobe Illustrator CC 2017.

Essentially to have the excel data tables to link to different artboards and be able to be updated each time the file is opened or as needed. Assuming this would be some kind of script so one could just run the script again or a data merge process (similar to what is available in indesign.

Thanks in advance!

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 変形効果ダイアログにも縦横比を固定ボタンが欲しい

変形パネルのWHのサイズ欄には縦横比を固定するボタンがあって便利です。変形効果ダイアログにも同じボタンがあるとより便利に使えると思うのです。

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Precision for Wacom in illustrator is absurdly painful! Can't select nodes! This has been a bug for ages!

Improve Wacom support! Using even the latest wacom intuos pro it's impossible to select a node when drawing as it expects you to hit the exact pixel... Who can do that!!!!!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add 3d connexion space navigator compatibility

I would like to be able to pan and zoom with my space navigator 3D mouse.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export for Screens - Prefix artboard number

In Export for Screens dialog, include the ability to export the Artboard number in Prefix (or Suffix). A checkbox or variable string would do (eg $A). Currently we have to manually add the Artboard number into the Artboard name.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SEARCH FUNCTION

URGENTLY NEEDED.... we need a search function for the layers menu - not a location object, but a real "search layers for name" function.

I have a client project with 584 layers, each with a unique name, and each containing stuff. Scrolling thru the layers menu to find a specific layer name is annoying!!!

Even (******) CorelDraw offers a search layers function - so obviously the GODLY software Illustrator NEEEEEEEDS this. Come on, this should have been included since 2010.

Just my opinion,
    Alldaron

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide contents outside of a mask from the selection tool

Contents outside of a mask boundaries are still visible from the selection tool, so i's often tricky to select other objects behind. It would be great to have an option to just see the boundary of the mask with the selection tool.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Select inside marquee window

Create a toggle-able feature like the one found in many CAD programs:
    Select ONLY the objects ENTIRELY inside the selection window marquee via the following methods:
    1. hold Shift+drag
    2. Dragging left-to-right enables "select inside", dragging right-to-left enables "select touching" (as per most CAD programs)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. For complex artboard setups: Artboard groups, folders, labels, hide/show toggles and other enhancements to the Artboards window

Currently the Artboards window lists all artboards in a single numbered list. The only customization available for the list is the ability to renumber the artboards. A helpful enhancement to consider: Add the ability to organize artboards list into nested groups and folders. For more complex situations, features like color coding with custom labels, and tags and filters could be helpful. To help de-clutter complex overlapping artboards, it would be helpful to be able to toggle the view on and off for artboards similar to how layers can be shown or hidden.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sync and update workspaces in Creative Cloud so I don't have to create new ones when I'm switching between a laptop and desktop

Sync and update workspaces in Creative Cloud so I don't have to create new workspaces when I'm switching between a laptop and desktop.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TouchBar customization

Can you please make available the option to customize the MacBook Pro Touch Bar in Adobe Illustrator. The new MacBook Pro Touch Bar is very useful and handy. The shortcuts that I can use with the Touch Bar save me a lot of time.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add EPS format to export for screens and asset export

I realise that .pdf is essentially the same as .eps format, but still it would be useful to have the option to export as .eps.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow users to set direction for X and Y axises

Several versions ago Adobe decided to flip Y-axis, so origin now is placed TOP-left instead of BOTTOM-left, as it was before.
    They say it was done for compatibility with Photoshop and InDesign, which both have y-axis going down.

I think that breaking people's workflow, deciding only ONE direction is right, was wrong.

InDesign is a publishing software, it works with a flow. I don't know anybody who reads from bottom to up (RTL — yes). When you move an object there, you don't move it up, you move it backwards

Photoshop is raster graphics editor, it works with a readable…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base