When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live Corners should be more live

It's too easy to "break" a live corner in Illustrator.

Compare how resilient a live corner is in Sketch versus in Illustrator. In Sketch, the original anchor point is available for manipulation no matter the corner rounding value.

In Illustrator, translating a rounded corner in any way is highly likely to expand it to a raw bezier curve.

Thus in Illustrator, if you want to edit your path at all, the best practice is actually to reduce all corner rounds to zero before making any edits. Then edit the path, and then restore the rounding values. To accomplish this, I…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Align Stroke to one side of path

The feature which allows you to align stroke to inside or outside of a path for closed shapes is fantastic and gives a great deal of dynamic help. Currently, the only way to align a stroked path and another shape is inaccurately with only visual cues or expand the stroked path and lose editability.

I don't know if it has been suggested but a feature which allowed you to preserve a non destructive workflow and interact with shapes more easily is very much within reach. Simply create an equivalent for the align stroke to inside or outside of path for…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Relative paths for linked assets

An option to use relative paths for linked assets. Because links use absolute paths, simply moving the folder your artwork is in will break the links unless the links are in the same folder. For example:

c:\artwork\project-1234\layout.ai
    c:\artwork\project-1234\assets\logo.jpg
    c:\artwork\standard-title-block.ai

If logo.jpg and standard-title-block.ai are both linked to inside of layout.ai, renaming the project folder will break the links. Moving the project folder will break the links.

Instead of storing the link paths absolutely, store them relatively. This way at least renaming the folder will preserve both links and moving the folder will only break links that point to file outside…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AI 2020 slow

I am working on a 2017 iMac pro with an 18 core Intel Xeon W processor, 128 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and a Radeon Pro Vega 64 GPU (16 GB memory). I just (November 5, 2019) updated to AI 2020 and everything is significantly slower than the last version of AI 2019 (yes, GPU enhancement settings are on). I purchased AI CS because it had the GPU enhancement and it was 64-bit allowing me to work with the rather large vector images produced during my data analysis from spacecraft. However, this slow down is like going back to…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Split paths by currently applied dash settings

Hi - I was directed here via adobe and illustrator support teams on twitter.

I'm submitting a suggestion for a function or feature for adobe illustrator in which the user may subdivide a dashed path into individual smaller paths, by the measurement and placement of said dash style. I have seen many different suggestions and workarounds for this over the past few years but none actually execute this specific action. (Setting to .0001 stroke, expanding, then deleting excess points isn't ideal!)

In my current role, and in our office, we design and create physical package design comps. we frequently use…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Layer Comps

Layer Comps like Photoshop but for Illustrator. If you do this, it should fix the problem of showing all the layers when I toggle the solo on and off. I love the solo but it would be nice if the solo remembered what layers were already off when I toggled the solo on. If this was try then when I toggle the solo off, the off layers should stay off.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Object Layer Options

Using linked ai documents in an Illustrator file is a great way to reduce the file load on the system, and also to work collaboratively. It would be nice to be able to toggle layers in placed psd and ai files in the same way that InDesign does (accessed via import options on place, or by right-click context menu).

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adobe illustrator for iPad Pro

Would love for adobe to came up with a version of illustrator for iPad pro in witch I can fully edit .ai files created with adobe illustrator on my mac.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Artboard-specific Layers

When working with multiple artboards, it would be very helpful to have artboard-specific layers displayed on the Layers panel as opposed to one long blob of all layers from all artboards.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. gradients as swatches in CC libraries

Ability to save gradients as swatches in the CC libraries, instead of having to save as graphic and it opens in a separate file

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export for Screens - Prefix artboard number

In Export for Screens dialog, include the ability to export the Artboard number in Prefix (or Suffix). A checkbox or variable string would do (eg $A). Currently we have to manually add the Artboard number into the Artboard name.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  16 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sync and update workspaces in Creative Cloud so I don't have to create new ones when I'm switching between a laptop and desktop

Sync and update workspaces in Creative Cloud so I don't have to create new workspaces when I'm switching between a laptop and desktop.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Layers in Touch Interface

The touch interface should have layers.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a search bar at the top that searches all menu items.

Ok, the Adobe menus have a LOT of menu items and features. You guys should create a search bar that searches all the menu items and features to make it easier to find things.

Microsoft has this feature in it's Office Suite and it is SUPER useful.

For example have a bar that asks the user "What are you looking for" They can type anything, for example "Alignment" and it would bring up the alignment menu. Or "pathfinder" will bring up a button for the pathfinder menu.

Think about it guys, would save EVERYONE who isn't a pro SO much…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop truncating filenames in Recent files

AI truncates names of my files in Open Recent Files menu.
    Why?!
    Some of my files differ only in that truncated parts. I have to guess and remember.
    Please, give me an option to set limit myself (in Prefs file or Dialogue) or remove limit completely.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More robust Link Panel display and relinking functionality

It would be nice if Illustrator's link panel was more link Indesign's in that it collapsed instances of the same linked file into an accordion. The user can then update multiple instances of a file to the same new link or link them individually to separate new links.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hide contents outside of a mask from the selection tool

Contents outside of a mask boundaries are still visible from the selection tool, so i's often tricky to select other objects behind. It would be great to have an option to just see the boundary of the mask with the selection tool.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base