3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. freezing after using brush tool

seems like this program is not going to work, just updated after being away from PC for 3 months (for work). Using brush tool freezes program. can use hot keys to change mouse, also can save. But can not move canvas, zoom in/out or continue painting.

windows 10 64 bit.
    illustrator 22.0

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. center Resize handles disappear when setting guides from the rulers

When setting a guide by dragging from the ruler, the center resize handles of a selected object (the handle it is directly in the middle of a selected object) disappear. A short cut i used to use often is if i wanted to find a centerline of something, i would create a temporary square between two points, then drop a guide at the center where the resize handle is because i know that is the center of the two points.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Strokes are become sporadic and missing in some places

Strokes are become sporadic and missing in some places. I don't know what the issue is. My strokes were perfect yesterday and now I update my mac and the strokes are now sporadic, jagged and missing in places. See screenshot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We apologize for having such an irritating issue with your workflow.
    The issue is still not reproducible in-house. We need your help to reproduce the issue.
    Please provide your system details and the objects with which you are working.
    If issue is happening in any specific file and you can provide the file to us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com, also please do mention this User Voice thread link in the mail.

4. Filled areas sometimes when drawing lines?

Drawing with touch calligraphic brush, most obvious at 1 pt size, there will be funny filled in blobs along the path. Playing with the points and curves doesn't get rid of it. If the object is resized by 200% or so the "blobs" will go away, but this is not a good fix if the lines need to stay editable.

Has been reproduced using CC 2017 on an HP Spectre 360 with a stylus, AND a Mac (OS 10.12.6 Sierra & CS5) with a Wacom.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. With "Snap to Point" on, the cursor doesn't change colour to indicate a snap to anchor will occur

I just switched to AI 2017 from AI 2015 and i'm noticing this straight away. In preview mode and artwork modes. Turning on Smart Guides helps in some situations but in other cases it fails to identify a Snap when an anchor is around. Snap to Point should work independently of Smart Guides anyhow.

Massively annoying.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why can't you make snap work again?

I work with die cuts and i need precision. Don't remember from which version but illutrator sucks at snapping now. I mean all shapes i make get 20.001 or 19.999 and try using compound, it doesn't work! You can't draw with precision anymore.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Illustrator Brush/Blob brush Lag Issue

Windows 10 Pro
    After latest Illustrator update, all brush tools are lagging - blob brush & brush. (using either mouse and tablet) Before an update everything works fine.
    Restart and making more disk space didn't help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Selection tool keeps defaulting to Hand tool

Selection tool will default to Hand tool after sitting idle, and I cannot choose another tool. This will apply to all open files. After 5-10 minutes, it will switch back on its own.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Illustrator CC 23.0.2 Align Distribute not working correctly MacOS Mojave 10.14.3

Align Distribute. If I do not have the window open and I select the objects & the key object then open the Align window, the distribute input field does not allow for input. I have to deselect the key object then reselect the key object then it will allow me to enter the input field. Also occasionally if I enter a distribute measurement of 1" or an integer it does not read it as 1", instead it reads it as 0.1 but shows up as 1 until I do a save as not a save. If I do a save…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stylus pen

Illustrator Cc2019 crashes when using Lenovo Yoga Surface pen in a Touch mode.
    The surface pen is drawing in both Pen and Pencil tools but Illustrator crushes after a minute or two without an option of reporting.
    It takes 7/8 file openings to finish a tracing illustration.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add anchor point not working on holding pen tool

Add anchor point not working on holding pen tool

I just purchased cc version

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scatter Brush - cannot make adjustments

Mac OS 10.14.1 Illustrator 23.0.1 Scatter Brush dialog will not Preview adjustments, will not accept "OK." Must Cancel and lose adjustments to leave dialog.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. gradient tool won't work on multiple selected items

Multiple selected items will not respond to the gradient tool anymore. I have to adjust the gradient in one item at a time. Selecting multiple gradient items and trying to use the gradient tool with lock all of them in solid color, and the only way I have found to correct this is to delete the fill from all items, and reselect your gradient.

also, the "gaussian blur" delay when using the gradient tool is a total nightmare.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Win 10. Mouse scaling creates rectangles

Whenever I try to scale an object (could be anything, vector, type, raster) using the mouse Illustrator creates some weird snaps and in the point of the snap it creates a rectangle.

Scaling continues, I can keep scaling the original object but it has created a new rectangle where it snapped. Snapping position is random, it happens even after disabling snapping in the View>Snap to... menu.

The new object behaves slightly differently in that it has a slower preview as far as I can tell. When moving it it just shows up in the new location when dragging, does not…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Anchor Points Malfunctioning

I regret to report that, after updating to Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 and upgrading my OS Mojave, the anchor points have become rather fickle, especially with the Direct Selection tool. The shape will look the same once drawn with the Pen Tool, and the anchor points will still be there, but they are invisible. They can still be tampered with, but after releasing the mouse they will disappear. The same issue applies to the rectangular grid tool. Anchor points can be edited and seen with the curvature tool; that is about the only way to do so without the anchor…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. stroked path problems

joined paths have odd 'fill'
    definitely no fill applied

rotated path has same problem

Mac 10.12.6
    Illustrator 23.0.1

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Guides dissapear when selected

In a new document (CC2019) with multiple artboards, the guides dissapear when I select them. They reappear when unselected.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Surface pro (2017) pen pressure problem

Hello everyone!

I don't Know if this is a bug, a missing driver or miscalibration, but I have a problem with the surface pro (2017) and the Adobe Illustrator paintbrush tool not working well together. I have the newest model of the surface pen, but the lines I draw with the paintbrush tool are not able to taper to a sharp edge even if I start with really low pressure and lift the pen carefully at the end. It always leaves this rounded edge.

This video demonstrates my problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95JQRwbsGD8

I have also attached two screenshots: first being a screenshot…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blend Tool doesn't create/show a spine when blending between two open paths

Normally when creating a blend between two objects with the Blend tool (or Object > Blend > Make), Illustrator creates and shows a spine that can be manipulated with the Pen, Direct Selection and other tools. This spine makes it easy to edit the path of the blend with the Pen and Direct Selection tools.

When creating a blend between two open paths, however, Illustrator does not create or show this spine.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base