Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Export As..." is generating poor quality images

Using "Export As" to generate JPG or PNG file is having poor quality results recently, photos look grainy. In order to get the quality that is expected, you now have to go back to using "Save for Web (Legacy)" feature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator not allowing file saving bug

The Save or Save As functions aren't working. After going to File and selecting either one, nothing happens. I'm left with work unsaved and at risk of losing. This hasn't happened before and I have been using illustrator perfectly for the last 6 months.

I have a MacBook Air, macOS catalina version 10.15.5.

I have Adobe Illustrator 2020.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pattern shifts around in PDF file when zooming in

When making something with a pattern, I heard and saw that when I save it as a PDF, the pattern starts shifting around when I zoom in.

I save my files always as Smallest File Size.

Kind regards,
    Lisa

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Getting "An unknown error has occurred" when trying to save updates to a previously created file.

When trying to save changes to a previously created file, I get an error that just states "An unknown error has occurred".
    Trying to resave as a new file results in the same error.
    Unchecking "create PDF compatible file" lets the file save but that is not a solution, these files must be PDF compatible with editable text and artwork.

Removing presets as instructed in another troubleshooting document does not solve the issue, removed presets still exist in the program even when removed and they cannot be deleted from the Illustrator dialog box.

Wiped and reinstalling Illustrator does not solve…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am not able to save my file and can only exit illustrator if i press "Dont Save" .. as of now i am adjusting with "Save a Copy"

Using Latest updated version Catalina. Illustrator froze several times making me uninstall it.Reinstalled Illustrator2020. I dont see a homepage/preview page like before... the screen is grey blank... I worked on an existing file and a new file but cant save or save as. Can exit illustrator only after pressing the " dont save" option. Please Help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. (CANT) Error when saving any ai file

(CANT) Error when saving any ai file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. background save scratch

Save in background option cause Kernell Panic on IMac 2019 A2116 after turn OFF this option never happens again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Crashing when scaling objects and file disappears after saving

Program often crashes when I'm scaling large objects. Also, I saved a file that I had been working on for more than a week and closed the application like I usually do but when I reopened it? File gone. Erased. Can't even find an earlier version of it. Then I got a bunch of note and word docs titled "debug" full of HTML gibberish I couldn't understand. Couldn't recover or find file in deleted cloud files or recycling bin on desktop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export to EMF - Extra white border

When exporting to EMF, an extra white border is added to the output file.

Coordinates and size are integers.

AI Version: 24.3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "An unknown Error has occurred" when save and i can no longer save anything

Files will not save. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ADOBE WHY YOU GO TO ****

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator 2020 doesn't allow me to CREATE A NEW FILE!

I need to open an existing and save as. It only is letting me download pre-saved templates. C'mon - that's not a bug - that's a fatality. And even if I'm reading the popup wrong, why make it so difficult? Switching over to Sketch...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto recovery settings keep changing on their own

My creative director and I are both having an issue where our auto recovery settings are resetting themselves. We don't notice (obviously) until a crash, and then reopen to find NO RECOVERED FILES, check our file handling settings, and the autosave option is unclicked. Again. As workers who use illustrator daily, we would never purposely unclick this. I just lost a file yet again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. svg repeated symbols are invisible

When attached svg is opened in Adobe Illustrator 2020 - second usages of glyphs (B, 2, 0) are not displayed properly like in attached screenshot.
    Is this an issue with original svg (it looks fine in Chrome or Firefox) or Illustrator?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PDF書き出しをすると時々、反映されないオブジェクトがある

10コほどのレイヤーがあるイラストレーターをスクリプト:「レイヤーごとにPDF保存」にすると一番最後に書き出されたレイターの一部だけPDFに反映されないことがある。データが重たいとよく起こる。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Background Save does not work

Background Save does not work in Illustrator unless very specific conditions are met (must be a PDF-compatible AI file). Many users prefer to work with PDF switched off - and background save should also work when saving the file as a PDF document. It's basically a half-finished feature and should work under all circumstances and conditions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Save as SVG destroys <path>

http://erikdemaine.org/outgoing/bug-small.svg is a very simple SVG drawing (rendered by MathJax) of a <path> representing the letter k (italic). It loads and renders fine in AI 24.2.3 on WIndows 10. But when I save it, I get http://erikdemaine.org/outgoing/bug-small-save.svg which also has a <path> but a very different-looking one (unrecognizable). Presumably a bug in the SVG export engine?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save as SVG destroys <path>

Attached is a very simple SVG drawing (rendered by MathJax) of a path representing the letter k (in math mode). It loads and renders fine in AI 24.2.3 on WIndows 10. But when I save it, I get the second attached file, which also has a path but a very different-looking one (unrecognizable). Presumably a bug in the SVG export engine?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save as SVG destroys <path>

Attached is a very simple SVG drawing (rendered by MathJax) of a path representing the letter k (in math mode). It loads and renders fine in AI 24.2.3 on WIndows 10. But when I save it, I get the second attached file, which also has a path but a very different-looking one (unrecognizable). Presumably a bug in the SVG export engine?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save as SVG destroys <path>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Opening Already Open File Overrides Changes without Warning

When working on a file in AI, if you attempt to open the same file from the file explorer on Windows, any changes in the AI file are removed without warning, resulting in work being lost.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base