4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Extendscript] SaveDlg Default Filename Bugged

Hi there,

I'm having some issues with a custom extendscript that we use in our production house. This script is pretty basic, and is meant to make eps / pdf / ai conversion easier (we have some strict EPS settings that must be followed). This script has worked on AiCC (original release) up through CC 2019, but is now behaving oddly in Illustrator 2020.

When you run the script, a custom "Save As" dialog should show up. The filename should default to the current document's name, with .eps set as the filetype suffix. However, when running this script in Illustrator…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back progress bar for saving AI files

Can we please go back to having a progress bar when saving an AI file? The saving in the background is nice, but the saving percentage text just doesn't do it for me, plus, the pop-up dialog box that comes up while saving is very annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ⚠️ ⚠️ svg filter effect rasterized in image instead of generating svg filter element when exporting svg file

macOS Catalina version 10.15.1
    Adobe Illustrator 24.0.1

Steps:
    File -> New (Web -> Common)
    Rectangle Tool (M) -- draw rectangle on artboard
    Effect -> SVG Filters -> AIShadow1
    Open "Asset Export" panel. Choose SVG from "Format" combo box in panel. Click "Generate a single asset from the selection" button at bottom of panel. Expand "Export Settings" in panel, and click "Export" button at bottom of panel. Choose directory for export.

Expected result:
    SVG file should have a "filter" element. No PNG file should be generated.

Actual result:
    The exported SVG file does not contain a "filter" element. And…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overflow UI symbol for text showing up in exported graphics

When I export PNG files from AI, using the File > Export for screens command, my exported graphics are showing the AI in-app UI symbols for overflow text. This should not be happening. Actual exported .png attached.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 24 ver layer missing when opening in 23.1.1 version

Illustrator ver 24. error!!!
    Saved a file in the new version with 2 layers, one layer went missing when I opened it in 23.1.1 version (the previous version). The same applies to PDF files.
    Please advise as this is so important for our printing process.
    Both systems (iMac 2019)
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Optimize file open & Save Time on slow networks PDF issue

With this option turned on, editing a PDF in illustrator with form fields, attachments, or other pages causes them to be erased completely- leaving the main page only and form fields completely gone. It only happens on-network. Locally it will retain all other information.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Save A Copy" Action major issue

When recording a "Save A Copy" action, it won't let us choose a folder. Rather we are forced to choose a filename. So when we ever use this Action, all of our files are saved and overwritten as the same filename.

Please let us choose a folder like the "Save As" action.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Illistrator 2020 saving issues

Every time I try to save a file
    The file does not save, fails to save it completely (not all changes are saved) or it simply deletes the .ai, even when it was previously saved. Each time I save it creates a hidden file.

I have an iMac wit catalina version 10.15.1
    (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
    3.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    32 ram
    Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Google Backup and Sync (aka Google Drive) locks Illustrator files and saving fails unless I quit Backup and Sync.

This happens intermittently but frequently. Google support assures me this is not caused by them, though I don't believe it. Still, is there anything that can be done from Adobe's side?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can't save illustration .278

Cannot save any file, whether it is .ai or any other format. cannot export any format either. Keep getting error that says "Can't save the illustration. .278"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hyperlink lost if Export to SVG

If I create a shape and attach a hyperlink to it using Attributes, then use File > Export > Export As > SVG, the link no longer exists. If the file is opened using a browser there is no link and the code doesn’t contain the link. If I use File > Save As > SVG the link remains, however, using ‘Export As’ optimizes the SVG for the web, so I should use this option. Why is using ‘Export As’ removing the hyperlink? I have just started using AI - am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. cannot place image into Illustrator.

Cannot place or drage image to illustrator.
    Sometimes only a rectangle with X in the middle appears, or just the selection pointer appears after I try to place (using the menu) or dragging an image to the Illustrator.
    I used different .png, .jpg files and I could not place image in the illustrator.
    Need help.
    I use Windows 10.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. svg text

Exporting SVG on Illustrator CC 2019 23.0.2 on MacOS 10.14.3 is giving inconsistent results in regards to text. I am trying to export a file as an SVG with Font option set to SVG. However, the SVG file exported has some texts converted to paths or outlines and some texts are preserved as texts, which is what is desired. We have also tried this under Illustrator CC 2019 23.0.1 on Windows 10 Home with same results. We have included a sample file for you to test.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Akshay,

We were able to confirm the issue that you see. The issue indeed does not happen with Illustrator 2018 (22.1).

We identified hyphenation as the potential culprit. To workaround the issue, either disable hyphenation in the Paragraph panel or make sure text does not get hyphenated.

We are sorry that you experience the issue and are working on fixing the issue.

The Adobe Illustrator Team

14. Can't open .dwg files all of a sudden

Ai CC 2019 - Can no longer open dwg files - the error is "unknown file format" the old work around used to be to save the .dwg & all xref's to a 2010 version and it would open. Super frustrating as this has occurred in the middle of a project. How to get the dwg's compatible again?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PNG export broken

I receive an error every time I try to export a PNG from any file. Other export formats work without a problem.

Working on a Macbook Pro with MacOS Mojave running the latest version of Illustrator (updated this morning).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Some Colors are Yellow and Transparent When Exported

Some of my colors (mostly the bluish white and other lighter colors) become yellowish and transparent when exported as an image (I exported it as .tif) or through the Library tab as assets.

Even through Illustrator/InDesign, the print preview shows the wrong color and it prints the wrong color. On InDesign, it looks okay until you put it on Overprint Preview.

The only work around we figured right now is exporting it as a PDF and printing through Adobe Acrobat.

Attached are the exported image and a screenshot of the actual colors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Illustrator refuses to become default program when opening .svg files

Illustrator refuses to become default program when opening .svg files. I've tried "Open with another program" in the "Open with" context menu option. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried installing 2017. I've tried regedit. It just won't take.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy from Illustrator to Word

can't copy Text from Illustrator to word (presumably since cc 2017). The paste is always empty.
    CC 23.0.1/Win 10

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Illustrator does not open files or create new files; macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

I'm running Illustrator CC 2019 on a MacBook running High Sierra 10.13.3 I cannot open files or create new files at all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't drag and drop or place png or jpeg files

macOS Mojave Version 10.14
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Illustrator 23.0

I try to drag and drop or place png/jpeg files and nothing happens. When selecting and pasting an image an error message says 'Not enough memory to place file.' This never happened before updating to 23.0

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base