Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This file has been modified outside of Illustrator

Just like the title says. This is a really annoying problem. It happens every time when I save to Onedrive or when I use Illustrator files from the Google Drive File Stream. This is a long term problem for me and many others. Even tough people mark their problem as solved, it isn't.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. relink bitmap file, or update link error

every time i update the linked file, this annoying message always pop-up. it can't happen in the previous version of illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Crash on save to old versions

Whe you have vertically centered text areas and you try to save as an older version Illustrator crashes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pasting a name for a new folder not working 2021

When you create a new folder on a Mac in Illustrator 2021, you cannot Cmd + c then Cmd + v in the folder name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Opening all my old files are blank

When I open old logos and images I have created they are just opening as blank white canvases. Example file attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Opening all my old files are blank

When I open old logos and images I have created they are just opening as blank white canvases. Example file attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Opening all my old files are blank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. .aic cloud document recovery fails without warning.

When Illustrator crashed while I was working on an .aic cloud document, I lost a day's worth of work even though the settings are set to auto save every 5 minutes. This has worked before with no problem but this time there was no autosave recovery when restarting and no temp files in %appdata% either.
    Granted I was careless and forgot to manually save, however at no point was there any indication from the software that auto save was not functioning. Maybe displaying a warning of some kind when this feature is not working would help.

As a sidenote, when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Default save location for "SAVE FOR WEB" in Illustrator 2020 (24.2)

Hello,
    In version 24.2 of Illustrator the behavior of the SAVE FOR WEB (LEGACY) function has change. In version 24.1 and older, the default saving location vas the last saved location used, in version 24.2 it is the location where the Illustrator (.ai) file is located which is by default. I was wondering if this is a bug or voluntary choice because it affects my work flow considerably even if it may seem like a small detail. I understand the value of saving by default where the Illustrator (.ai) file is located, but I would like to choose the method…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. illustrator is unable to save this document ... due to some unexpected errors.

Prior that, I get a message saying "This file has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue?" Then I click yes.

Then... "Illustrator is unable to save this document ... due to some unexpected errors."

I've been getting this message every now and then whenever I try to save a document. Started when I updated my Adobe Illustrator to version 25.0.

Save a copy yields the same result.

Adobe Illustrator version 25.0
    macOS Catalina version 10.15.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow a “create new folder” option, as the desktop version has.

I don’t see any option to create a folder for files with this version. I can only create new files. I need to be able to create folders to keep all of my images organized. Right now, they’re all over the place. The desktop version has the option to create folders, and I don’t understand why this version doesn’t.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Issues with using Assets Export in Isolation mode

If you enter the isolation mode of any objects and try to export any artboard by using Assets Export, it will eventually generate the wrong assets. However, if you exit the Isolation mode and try again to the same process, it will be all fine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Version 4 ICC profiles were converted to version 2 ICC profiles.

I get this message:
    "Version 4 ICC profiles were converted to version 2 ICC profiles."
    whenever I save a PDF when using the GRACoL_CRPC6.icc profile. I get it regardless of whether an image has been placed in the document or not.

It is very inconvenient to have to click to dismiss this message every time I make a PDF, which over the course of job will amount to 100s of times. Also it means our automation of PDF making is interrupted and requires an operator to pay attention the whole time.

Thanks
    Dave

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 制作したデータを保存する際に、拡張子まで選択される。

Macbook Pro(15-inch.2016)マジック ツールバー搭載モデル
    macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Illustrator2020/Photoshop2020
    制作データを保存しようとすると、ファイル名だけでなく、毎回必ず拡張子まで選択されます。
    「別名で保存」「複製を保存」問わず、毎回必ず拡張子まで選択される為、ファイル名を変更しようとすると拡張子まで消えてしまいます。
    その都度ファイル名を選択し直してから保存していますが、煩わしくてしかたありません。
    この症状はIllustratorだけでなく、Photoshopでも同じ現象が起こります。
    他のアプリケーションでは、データを保存する際このような症状は出ません。
    解決方法を教えてください。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artboard names disappearing when re-open file

After downloading Big Sur, I've found when I name the artboards and then save the file, when I open it again the artboards have reverted back to not having a name just Artboard 01' etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. cursor location in file name when exporting from illustrator

this has changed. Now when I export my files from illustrator, the cursor is automatically at hte end of the .png. I'm never going to manually overwrite the file extension! If I pressed the right arrow in the past, the cursor stopped before the dot and I could add a bit or change the file name easily. now I have to remember to press the left arrow several times to get past the file extension

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save as .ai can be interrupted by another save

If you are working on a new document, or opened an EPS or PDF, hit save as .ai and it does the background save, if you dont wait or dont realize it isnt finished, and try to save as PDF by way of example, the first save will not complete (ever) and this may result in a loss of data. Very reproducible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. image eps

For some reason, as long as it is an eps file that needs to be placed or relinked to the image, it will be very slow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export For Screens rememebers destination location (like 24.1.3 and earlier)

EXPORT FOR SCREENS: In Version 24.2 onwards, Illustrator exports the file to the same folder as the source AI file.

If I change the destination location, it reverts back to the same folder as the source when I reload Illustrator. Before this version, it would remember the destination location. I like to keep a separate folder for all exports, separate from my AI files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator 25.0 on Catalina 10.15.7 problem opening and saving files

When opening previously saved work, active fonts are not displaying on some files.

When saving work Illustrator returns an 'Unknown Error' prompt.

A reinstall did not fix the problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base