2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Saving issue - the error box pops up...

I was using CC 2017 and went to save my file and a box popped up that said

"This printer driver is not supported by Illustrator"

I clicked okay and it let me go back to working. When I went to save again the same thing popped up. I updated to CC 2018 and when the program opened this same message popped up.

It seems to still let me work in the program, but when I go to save the screen goes black and freezes the program for about 20-30 seconds

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SVG Export ignores layer id <g> tag for some artboards and layers, but not all of them

When exporting to SVG, some tags are ignored and some are not for the same document and export event.
    I tried reproducing the problem and were successful.
    Also, I tried fixing the problem and were, in a sense, successful.

Fixed it using the assets option on the export panel: it creates 2 layers <g> tags. One of them has the correct naming (stroke) and the other is just generic (Layer2). The compiler put stroke inside layer2. Not good for my automation process and where did layer_2 come from? I did not create it.

Another fix is to save…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. 'Can't save some resource data, but artwork was saved successfully. AN I/O error occurred. Id:-36'

'Can't save some resource data, but artwork was saved successfully. AN I/O error occurred. Id:-36'

This happens when saving an illustrator doc now.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export As... in Actions Panel doesn't show dialog even if " show dialog" toggle is selected.

OS X version 10.12.6; Illustrator version 22.0.0
    Previous versions of Illustrator worked correctly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

5. PNG files rendered from AE import as blank linked files in Adobe Illustrator

PNG files rendered from AE import as blank linked files in Adobe Illustrator

Steps to Reproduce Bug:
    1. Render a PNG from AE using the default Output Module.
    2. Place the resulting PNG into an Adobe Illustrator document.

Results: PNG does not show in AI document as expected.

Expected Results: PNG would show as if it had been created/saved in Photoshop.

Note: Opening the PNG from AE and re-saving it from PS results in at PNG that imports as expected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  7 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. illustrator exporting bug.

When i export in the latest version, the file name reverts back to an older file name and tries to save it in the previous location. I need it to export as the same name as the ai file and in the same location as the current ai file. I've never had this issue in any older versions of illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Illustrator 24.2 not saving changes!!!!!

Since the last update it already happened twice, and I am mad as ****!!!

I just had another file that I worked one day before, and when I opened it now, the file has a lot of missing changes! Pretty much hours of work are gone! And I will have to do all over again! Luckily I had saved a copy as PDF to show to the client, so some graphics I could recover, but all the text elements I will have to redo!

And the crazy thing is that I have the habit of saving changes pretty much every…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Default save location for "SAVE FOR WEB" in Illustrator 2020 (24.2)

Hello,
    In version 24.2 of Illustrator the behavior of the SAVE FOR WEB (LEGACY) function has change. In version 24.1 and older, the default saving location vas the last saved location used, in version 24.2 it is the location where the Illustrator (.ai) file is located which is by default. I was wondering if this is a bug or voluntary choice because it affects my work flow considerably even if it may seem like a small detail. I understand the value of saving by default where the Illustrator (.ai) file is located, but I would like to choose the method…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Exporting to PNG with smaller dimensions than artboard creates blurry edges

If you have an artboard, let say sized at 160x160px, and export down to 1/10th the size (e.g., 16x16px) the export will be blurred on both the Y and X-axis in Illustrator version 24.

I have attempted to uninstall Adobe (both with and without my preferences), I have attempted to change the the PPI/DPI settings as well. Nothing seemed to fix this.

The only workaround I can find currently is to reinstall version 23, which will soon be removed from the creative cloud.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save As and Save

I open an existing file, make edits and either Save As or Save (ctrl+s). A dialog box says the file couldn't be saved because of various possible reasons which none of are true. I immediately try to Save As or Save (ctrl+s) after closing the dialog and the save is successful. This happens 99% of the time since 24.0.1 (possibly sooner).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Jagged edges on placed raster when exported from "Export for Screens" (v24)

When I export a JPG from the "Export for Screens" dialog at any resolution (I usually do 300dpi), placed raster graphics have a jagged edge. The same artboard exported at the same resolution with the same anti-aliasing settings using File > Export > Export As turns out nice and smooth.

Note: neither "Type Optimized" or "Art Optimized" settings help. Resetting AI preferences did not help.

Operating System: macOS Mojave and Catalina (happening on two different systems)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create an artboard in Illustrator
    2. Place a raster image with curved edges such as an oval, especially if it's…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Asset Export not respecting Clipping Mask on image

When dragging an image with a clipping mask into Asset Export it will add a white border and export at the original image size, not the clipped size

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save/Save As doesn't work in Action

1. Make a new document

2. Record a new Action for Save (CMD+S) and Save As (Shift+CMD+S), stop Action

3. Do something in the document - Draw the rectangle for example

4. Play Save/Save As Action

5. Close the document (Attention!!! No warning about Save Changes!!!)

6. Open the document

Result: Opened document doesn't contain the rectangle.
    That means nothing happened with this document while Play Actions

Illustrator ver. 24.0.2
    It is the critical issue and my suggestion to downgrade Illustrator to 24.0.1, if you use "Save/Save as" and "Close" commands in Actions in your work

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ⚠️ ⚠️ svg filter effect rasterized in image instead of generating svg filter element when exporting svg file

macOS Catalina version 10.15.1
    Adobe Illustrator 24.0.1

Steps:
    File -> New (Web -> Common)
    Rectangle Tool (M) -- draw rectangle on artboard
    Effect -> SVG Filters -> AIShadow1
    Open "Asset Export" panel. Choose SVG from "Format" combo box in panel. Click "Generate a single asset from the selection" button at bottom of panel. Expand "Export Settings" in panel, and click "Export" button at bottom of panel. Choose directory for export.

Expected result:
    SVG file should have a "filter" element. No PNG file should be generated.

Actual result:
    The exported SVG file does not contain a "filter" element. And…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Illustrator could only partially read this file

When I load the first attached file in 24.0.1 (with Windows 10) it loads OK and I can edit it. When I save it and try to reload it in 24.0.1 it says Illustrator could only partially read this file. That's awful when Illustrator cannot read a file it has just saved.

The layers (and sublayers) under ALL > WATERWAYS > A-B beginning with A have all gone missing when it reads in what it can. Other parts may be missing too.

It works fine in 23.1. and I have had to revert to using that.

I have lost a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Metadata title isn't saving (24.0)

When I save an illustrator file, it's stripping out the specified metadata title and replacing it with the filename upon re-opening the file. Even if I re-enter the info in Bridge, when I modify & save the file in Illustrator, it reverts to the file name.
    When I export the image though, it attaches whatever title is showing in the file info panel in Illustrator, regardless of whether it will "stick" after closing or not.

Also to note, if I enter info into other fields it seems to work fine. It's only the Title that is being overridden.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please fix export SVG, Adobe illustrator, AI ruins vector graphics

I used AI to create vector graphics for a game for around 3 months, until now, I moved to Affinity designer until AI fix their SVG export

In AI a problem was always present:
    The SVG export.

Adobe Illustrator ruins SVG graphic files:
    - Gaps between shapes
    - Gradient color unwanted alterations
    - Layers might overlay incorrectly
    - Wrong transparency percentage
    (All the above only after exporting in SVG format)
    (I only work using vector graphics, so the issues are all for vector graphics)

Please, fix vector graphic exporting in SVG format
    _

1. Windows 10 home / Adobe Illustrator CC
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bugs with saving feature on ai 2020

When I first open the program and try to save a file in ai 2020, I get an error message. I can then save it as a pdf and after that, it will allow me to save as a native ai file.

Also, when trying to save a file as an outlined pdf, it will say the ai file is in process of being saved.

Please fix these bugs in the next update. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. crash cc2020 24.0 when export rasterized file with spot colors

Dear Sir. Madam,
    when I export psd file after rasterized CMYK plus SpotColor illustrator CC20 24.0 crash.
    please contact me for further information
    thank you
    Best Regards

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

20. Save as PDF issue

No PDF is showing after save pdf, save after preview on latest update.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base