3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorrect stroke-width on Import of SVG

I've converted a series of EPS graphics to SVG using Inkscape. Most of these graphics have a "transform" attribute that is used to reduce the dimensions/stroke-width of each path. On open, Illustrator handles the dimensions correctly, but does not appear to apply the stroke-width correctly. I've written a PHP script that removes the transform by manually overriding each coordinate/stroke and the SVG's seem to now work correctly. Here's the link to the library if anyone wants to try it:

https://github.com/bpopp/svgtransform/

There's also a more in-depth description of this bug.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CC降存CS3工作區域不見

自升級為CC2018後,將檔案降存為CS3版本後,再開啟CS3版的檔案時,原本的工作區域會只剩下工作區域1,其他都只剩工作區域參考線,這是以前未出現的問題。
    1)而後嘗試改回CC2017還是有一樣的問題。
    2)CC2018降存CS6並無此問題。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The autosave in illustrator

The autosave in illustrator make system very busy and crushed illustrator, after restart file usually broken, has just part information (links broken, part of assets absent) or file start to be not rideable at all.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cursor location in file name when exporting from illustrator

this has changed. Now when I export my files from illustrator, the cursor is automatically at hte end of the .png. I'm never going to manually overwrite the file extension! If I pressed the right arrow in the past, the cursor stopped before the dot and I could add a bit or change the file name easily. now I have to remember to press the left arrow several times to get past the file extension

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. save change

I opened an existing Illustrator .ai file. Changed the colour of an object's stroke. Saved. Closed. Then I noticed the change was not there.
    Repeated several times. Kept trying to make the change and command-s. 
    I could see the colour change when I changed the value, but saving did nothing. I noticed that after making the change, the red circle at the top left of the window did not get a black dot to indicate an unsaved change.
    I finally did a Save As to make it remember the change. Using Illustrator 24.2 on Mac OS 10.13.6

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Illustrator 24.2 not saving changes!!!!!

Since the last update it already happened twice, and I am mad as ****!!!

I just had another file that I worked one day before, and when I opened it now, the file has a lot of missing changes! Pretty much hours of work are gone! And I will have to do all over again! Luckily I had saved a copy as PDF to show to the client, so some graphics I could recover, but all the text elements I will have to redo!

And the crazy thing is that I have the habit of saving changes pretty much every…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save As or Save Copy not working

I have a document (on a network share). I can edit the file and save it normally.

But SAVE AS or SAVE COPY do not work at all. Just Nothing Happens.
    Sometimes a short spinning ball. No errors, no feedback.

Illustrator 24.2 on Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.4, iMac 2019 40GB memory

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hidden layers are visible when exporting as png

windows 10 pro ver 1909
    Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.1.2

If you hide a layer that overlaps the following conditions and export it as png, the layer will be displayed in the output png file even though it is hidden on the screen.
    ・Appearance is set on the layer itself.
    ・The layer is inside another layer. (It is a sublayer.)

There are the following workarounds.
    • Appearance on a group of paths rather than on layers.
    ・Take from another layer and change from sublayer to top layer.
    ・Export as jpg.

There is a workaround for the time being, but the work…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ai files saved on windows lose their preview when changing extension to .ait

To prevent accidentally saving over common library files (stock graphics and the like) we save our artwork files as .ai, then change the extension to .ait so that they will open as an untitled file. There are a couple of reasons I do things this way instead of saving them as .ait files from the get go.

The main reason is that it's not uncommon that I'll need to run a batch script on several files. As part of that batch, I open the file, make some change(s), then save the file. If the files are initially saved as a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SVG export with text – line breaks forcing text to convert to outlines

I've been working on a project that requires SVG files with embedded text and have discovered what seems to be a bug.

It seemed arbitrary at first, that some text objects would be converted to outlines while others would remain as text. I finally figured out that forced line breaks were the culprit, as illustrated in the screenshots I've attached. The problem is the same whether you use point type or area type objects.

I'm currently running the latest version of Illustrator (24.1.2) on macOS High Sierra (10.13.6).

I've also noticed this issue is similar to another one that might…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Linked images/files got embedded after file [recovered]

When Illustrator got crashed I reopen the file and the file got recovered with a message saying (could not find a plug-in to read the linked file "links". .....)

and when I press (ignore) button I saw all my linked got missing and embedded also

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Hairline," faint border around PNG exports

Whenever I export anything as a PNG in Illustrator with a transparent background, the PNG result shows up with a strange faint border around it. I've tried a multitude of "solutions" and nothing has worked, leading me to believe that this is a bug.

I'm working on a macOS Catalina 10.15.4, and on the most recent version of illustrator (24.1). My processor is 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, and graphics—Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB.

(The image I have provided is the exported PNG image of that shape, and I've overlapped it ontop of the pre-export to show the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save As and Save

I open an existing file, make edits and either Save As or Save (ctrl+s). A dialog box says the file couldn't be saved because of various possible reasons which none of are true. I immediately try to Save As or Save (ctrl+s) after closing the dialog and the save is successful. This happens 99% of the time since 24.0.1 (possibly sooner).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Illustrator strips out XMP metadata when exporting PNGs

From CS1 until CC2017 when exporting PNGs the XMP metadata was preserved; Adobe BROKE this in CC2018/2019/2020! It works for all other file formats. We have production customers that rely on the XMP metadata matching between the Illustrator file and the exported PNG. FIX IT! Photoshop fixed this bug in their most recent release - why are you behind?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enter Key Exports First Artboard By Default

After selecting an artboard range to export, hitting the enter key as a method to export the artboard range results in the first artboard being exported, not the range selected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save As... (PDF) not recorded in Action

After upgrading to 24.1 and macOS Catalina "Save As..." isn't recorded anymore in an Action.

I used to have an Action which saves any layout as a PDF, always stored the PDF with the same name in a fixed location and closed the file. Now this doesn't work anymore.

I can "Insert Menu Option" Save As but then I have to enter a name and choose a file format.

Such a shame!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Saving to iCloud Drive creates multiple versions of the same file.

Saved a file to a folder on iCloud Drive (on the Desktop with iCloud Drive Desktop & Document Sync enabled). The file is still open in Illustrator, yet there are 3 versions of the file in the folder.

What I am assuming is happening is that the file is being taken off of the desktop and saved to the cloud, but then Illustrator is rewriting the file because it can't see the original file. This hasn't happened before with Illustrator until the 2020 updates and I've saved all my files to iCloud Drive folders since it became a thing.

I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Jagged edges on placed raster when exported from "Export for Screens" (v24)

When I export a JPG from the "Export for Screens" dialog at any resolution (I usually do 300dpi), placed raster graphics have a jagged edge. The same artboard exported at the same resolution with the same anti-aliasing settings using File > Export > Export As turns out nice and smooth.

Note: neither "Type Optimized" or "Art Optimized" settings help. Resetting AI preferences did not help.

Operating System: macOS Mojave and Catalina (happening on two different systems)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create an artboard in Illustrator
    2. Place a raster image with curved edges such as an oval, especially if it's…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Save File

We are still having save file issues. Illustrator will not save the file over a network or even at time to the desktop. Also please do say "this is not a generic issue" looking at all the posts below with the same problem it surely is.

And please can we get moving on this. There seems a real lack of effort to fix these things. Whenever I read these posts you guys are always saying you have fixed the problem but the posts show that you have not, or you made the error occur again in another update. Very disappointed…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base