3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moving objects - error message "can't move the object"

I'm working with vectors and type. Since the update to CC2018, at random moments and in multiple files, I'll select a vector object and select some text, then try to move them, and I'll receive the error message "Can't move the objects. The requested transformation would make some objects too large". The problem is going to force me to revert back to the 2017 version of Illustrator - please make sure this is fixed ASAP. See attached screen grab.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

80 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have tried to fix the issue in the current release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in the update.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

PS: We are only referring to the issue that got introduced in CC 2018. As I can see there were few workflows that were existing even in older releases. Please log a separate request for it so that we all can track it better

2. Action using the transform panel will not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the TRANSFORM panel, when closing and restarting iIllustrator the action gives the error THE OBJECT "ALIGNEMENT" IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. Action does work under Illy CC 2018 (version 22.1).

Currently using version 23.0.1
    OSX High Sierra.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

3. Select > Same > (Fill, Stroke, etc.) no longer working in charts

Adobe CC2018
    When using the direct selection tool to select a single element of a chart or graph, Illustrator no longer responds to the Select > Same > ... commands. This is a feature we rely upon for everyday capabilities when styling charts. When I try the command, it does not select anything within the chart. If I ungroup the chart, or use the Select > Same > (options) with other Illustrator shapes, it works as normal. The problem surfaced immediately after I upgraded from CC2017 to CC2018.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

4. Recolor artwork window stops working shortly after opening (Illustrator CC2018)

Im using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on macOS High Sierra (10.13.2).
    I'm trying to recolor my artwork but the window accessed via Edit colors > recolor Artwork freezes shortly after using it.

Everything remains responsive except that when I click any part of the window there is no response from Illustrator. I can still move the window around but cannot exit it. The OS doesn't recognize it as a crash (no "not responding" message).

I've been working on the same document in Illustrator CC 2017, recoloring worked fine in then.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for the help…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1.

Warm Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

5. Freeze on First File Opened if it has Missing Fonts

Illustrator CC version 22.1

1) Launch Illustrator
    2) Open Ai file
    3) If the first file I open after launching Ai has missing fonts the program freezes before it populates the missing fonts dialogue box. I have to force quit the application from task manager and relaunch.

Any subsequent files that are opened after the first file do not have this issue regardless of missing fonts. I am currently working around this issue by opening a file that I know has no missing fonts first before I'm able to open any files that may…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy and paste doesn't always work

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems with Illustrator. When I copy an object with the ctrl + c button and try to paste them it randomly doesn't work.

The problem is that I can't replicate it on command. At first I thought it had something to do with the laptop that I used, but it also happens on a freshly installed desktop.

My version of Illustrator is 22.0.1

I also checked the copy paste functions under the edit tab, and when I copied something it didn't show the ability to paste it. It could also only have something to do with…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Illustrator crashes for no reason multiples times a day

While using the latest (up to date) version of illustrator CC 2018 on my macbook pro (High Sierra 10.13.1) I get constant crashes on illustrator, forcing me to restart the computer as it freezes and does not recover. These are a few of the instances when this has occured:
    - Changing between an Indesign open window and a Illustrator open window/document.
    - Zooming in/out.
    - Pasting copied objects from another open illustrator project.
    - Moving an object inside a canvas.
    - Creating new canvas in an open document.
    -- and the list goes on

I use my mac always connected…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

8. eyedropper tool

I have never had to ungroup objects to get the eye dropper tool to apply selected attributes to an object. This no longer works without ungrouping objects.

I have never had to ungroup objects to change the color of an object selecting a color from swatches. This no longer works without ungrouping objects.

I have posted a thread with all the screenshots you could ever need and the this appears to be a glitch that needs fixing...really, really bad. The solution to the issue from my thread was to post the problem here.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/428177

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing

1. 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3
    2. Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash
    3. I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas
    4. A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh,
    Illustrator Team

10. Recent Files Browser Window: the wrong file opens when choosing a recent file.

This has happened multiple times. It isn't a one off incident.

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1 (64-bit) / Windows 10

Step 1: Open Illustrator from desktop icon.
    Step 2: Click on a recent file from displayed recent file options.

Expected result: Selected file opens.

Actual result: A file other than the one I clicked opens.

There doesn't appear to be a pattern to which file opens, other than it is one from the selection of recently opened/saved files shown. See attachment.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Illustrator CC 2018 - Error code 145 during updates

Simply fix this bug once and for all.
    It happens over and over and over again.

Exit Code: 145
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator22-Core', version:22.0.1.253
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator22-Core Version: 22.0.1.253). Error code: '145'
    WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows'
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Illustrator V. 23.0 crashes repeatedly

Updated Illustrator to 23.0 on my Surface Studio running Windows 10 with 32 Gig of memory. It crashes frequently and seemingly at random. I can't point to any instance in particular - It's just random. The latest instance was I pressed CTRL + 0 to set the page at 100% and the program just went away. As with the other crashes I have encountered it isn't generating a crash report. It just goes away. I thought that GPU acceleration may be the issue and so turned it off. But, it didn't make a difference.

I uninstalled 23.0 and went back…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustrator 2018 Crashes

I have Surface Studio, 32 Gig, Windows 10. Today I installed the CC Updates and now Illustrator crashes every 2 or 3 minutes. I uninstalled Illustrator and reinstalled it, but the crashes continue. Finally in desperation I uninstalled Illustrator 2018 and reinstalled Illustrator 2017. At least now Illustrator is stable.

I sure would like to know what to do to fix the problem. You know it wouldn't be a bad idea if one could reach support with install problems.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Warm Regards,

14. Bug: Illustrator 22.1 Not Usable Since Mojave Update

1. Mojave update on latest Illustrator CC version 22.1

2. Basic usage of Illustrator

3. Use Illustrator normally

4. Random mouse clicks, movements etc making illustrator unusable. It's as if the interface and cursor just has a mind of its own sometimes. Even happening with Illustrator CS6 - Photoshop and InDesign CC have no issues at all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Zoom to mouse location

Prevously when you zoom with the Mouse (magic Mouse 2) it would zoom to the location of the pointer. Now it seems to just zoom to a random point. I move the mouse pointer and it still zooms to the random point. I want to hover my mouse somewhere and then zoom to that position like previous.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy & Paste not always working - randomly

Hi all,

This is a very frustrating bug - around 50% of the times copy & paste won't work. I select an object, press ctrl+C, and then pressing ctrl+V produces nothing as if the clipboard is empty.

I cannot reproduce it as it seems random, sometimes it will copy & paste, sometimes it won't.
    This makes working with Illustrator extremely hard.

Might be worth mentioning that copy-pasting from Illustrator into Photoshop resembles the same buggy behavior - it will randomly work or not.

Please advise on how to resolve this.

Cheers

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Image Trace only creates a white box

The "Image Trace" function only creates a solid white box, regardless of what image trace option I select.

Using the new Illustrator CC 2018.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. UI freezes, then crashes. Can't save.

Last version is pretty unstable. Can't work with it, crashed several times since the update i made this morning. While working, UI freezes (but some tools are still availaible via keyboard shortcut), then crashes without message. Can't save when UI is freezed.

I'm going back to the previous version. Aren't you ashamed that EVERY TIME we update, softs become unusable for professionnal purpose?

Ho, and when will get ******' keyboard shortcut to rename layers? Is it in the current update at last?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pasting symbols now creates unique symbols instead of instances of the original symbol

Copy-pasting a symbol--whether individually or by using the paste to all artboards command-- now creates a new symbol instead of creating instances of the original symbol. Alt-dragging the symbol to a new artboard creates a new instance of the original symbol as expected.

This seems to be a new bug, as I can't recall ever having this issue before. Thanks for checking into it!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Crashes when closing Illustrator

After saving the file I am working on and selecting to clear the data on the clipboard (or even if I select not to clear the data), Illustrator will freeze and the bring up the Adobe Crash report dialogue box.

I have tried to provide feedback in this box, but if I change any of the settings on the Crash report box or type any comments, this too crashes. Windows registers the programme as not responding and tries to find a solution (and doesn't find any) and then closes Illustrator.

In some cases, when I next open Illustrator it will…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base