3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Double Click To Isolate" preference does not work

Using the direct selection tool to try and double-click your way to grabbing a grouped object within another group of grouped objects fails. It simply doesn't select any of the other elements. This is a paralysing bug that may well see me dumping my CC subscription and going back to Illustrator CS5 or 6. From what I read, this bug is old so why hasn't Adobe fixed it?
    Attached is the file with the bug. Try double-clicking the green nodes on the chart with the direct selection tool. It should grab all the dots. Then expand out and grab the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to change language

Windows 10, CC2020.

I am unable to change the Installation language of Illustrator. No matter what I do it always installs itself as English (International). I am trying to change it to Norwegian to record a tutorial. This often happens, but with CC apps it is **** to efficiently try to change app languages. Fiddling with obscure settings files, renaming folders, reinstalling applications, or sometimes being forced to reinstall every single CC app and do a complete cleaning of the system.

IT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE LANGUAGE DROP-DOWN IN PREFERENCES. /rant

What I have attempted:

1. I created a new Windows…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Clipping Mask Wont Work on version 24.1.1

Everytime I walk through what is on your clipping mask page nothing works to create the mask on this new update. You Broke Something. Please fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Crashing, can't open

Illustrator crashes everytime I try to open it, whether opening a file or just the app. I have tried reinstalling it. I am using a brand new Dell computer (Windows 10 Pro, Illustrator version 42.1.1).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Typos in menu

Typos in the Layers' hamburger menu "grpahics" instead of "graphics"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Clipboard not working properly

When copying and pasting in Illustrator, the properties of the object/text etc are not carried over. The only way it seems to work is if you copy the item several times, which is getting tiresome and not practical if using the 'cut' option.

For example, if I copy and paste anything on 1 artboard, and try to paste in the exact same spot on another artboard (using Paste in place or paste in front/back) it doesn't paste in the same place. Also when copying text it doesn't copy over all the properties (size, font, colour etc). Even when copying objects…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SVGs from Photoshop or Illustrator are wonky

I submitted a bug as part of a crash report within the past week regarding Illustrator's inability to export a clean SVG—it seems to always add padding that isn't necessary or wanted and makes issues for our web programmer. I'm on macOS Sierra using the latest CC version of Illustrator. I have to now rebuild my AI graphic (copy my shapes in as shape layers) in PS and then export that as SVG to get a clean SVG.

But here's where inconvenient gets weird. I'll open the PS-made SVG in AI, make some edits to clean up some off-positioned points…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. aligning rectangle control bar

Bug report_ Illustrator 2020. Only downloaded a few days ago.

If I create a rectangle using the control bar it won't let me align it using the alignment tools. If I create it by hand and then adjust the measurements to what I wanted then the alignment tools work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Illustrator 24.1 metric precision broken

So there was a new release Illustrator 24.1 the other day which I installed. Unfortunately, it looks like the engineers messed up and semi-broke the conversion routines from inches or whatever measurement is used internally to the metric units displayed to me as the user.

What used to be displayed as nice whole numbers or up to a maximum of three decimals, is now never an even number and always displayed with four decimals. Just to take an example, a dimension clearly intended to be precisely 10 mm is now displayed as say 9.9998 mm or 10.0003 mm.

This is…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Magnus,

Thanks.

I have replied on this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-24-1-metric-precision-broken/td-p/10974120?page=1) too. Posting it here also.

In 24.1 version, we are now showing four decimal places in transform/new document screen (earlier we used to show three). We did this because we were getting requests from the community (particularly, packaging designers) to increase the decimals so that they can do more precise work. And also, from people who wanted to see their 1/16ths (0.0625) dimensions fully, without Illustrator rounding it off to three decimal places.

As a result of this, please be assured that the actual dimensions which you had used in prior designs will not get changed. As @hubglobin’s screenshots show (thanks for creating these), the actual size has not changed, only the display has changed. If you had manually set an object’s dimension (or co-ordinate) to, say 5.355mm, you’ll still see this dimension as 5.355mm in 24.1. If…

10. Discard white overprint is disabled when background save is enabled

• version 24.x

• Windows and macOS

• background save enabled

At this time, the operation related to discarding the white overprint is not performed and the settings is invalidated.
    The behavior itself is the same as another bug, but it is not completely fixed 24.1.x.
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39414226-bug-of-saving-in-the-background-of-illustrator-202

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.
    We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.1.2 .
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.1.2 Build 1.

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

11. Discard white overprint is disabled when background save is enabled

• version 24.x

• Windows and macOS

• background save enabled

At this time, the operation related to discarding the white overprint is not performed and the settings is invalidated.
    The behavior itself is the same as another bug, but it is not completely fixed 24.1.x.
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39414226-bug-of-saving-in-the-background-of-illustrator-202

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Action shortcuts are lost when rearranging action sets

If I manually rearrange the order of my Action Sets by dragging a set up or down in the list, all the shortcuts assigned to the actions in this set are lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. paste in place

paste in place seems to have stopped working properly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. variables (data set) batch action

I have an action that:

1. selects "Next Data Set"

2. Runs a recolour script to colour the artwork based on data set values

3. Then "save as copy"

When it is run once it works as expected and saves the current data set as a copy PDF and advances to the next data set. When the action is run as a Batch Action the action goes nuts! It advances multiple data sets values and saves as a completely different data set name. This wouldn't really be an issue if I had 10 or 20 data sets, but I have over 1000 -…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drawing with percentage opacity fills: Percentage will not stay selected for each new element.

AI CC 2020 (Apple Mac): I have noticed a bug - a serious one that stops me from working. If I make a shape with a fill of (for example) 30% I would expect the next shape to retain that percentage of fill - which it always has done (I'm a very experienced user of Illustrator and use this feature all the time). Now I find that each new shape reverts to 100% fill which is totally unworkable as I draw by building up layer upon layer of opacity fills. The advisor online checked with his versions of AI CC…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. expanding pie chart

I found that you can expand a pie chart by making the chart, then taking the scissors tool and clicking on the points, then you can edit each slice!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. elements disappear and get pixelized when zooming

preview bug - when zoom in or out some elements get pixeled or disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dashed Line not working

Using Illustrator CC 2020 V. 24.0.3 on MacOS Mojave 10.14

The dashed line effect cannot be applied. As soon as I make use of the gap field, I can see a preview but then when I click anywhere the effect just disappears. And when I try to create outlines it just turns into a normal non-dashed line.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dana,

I tried the same at my end but not able to reproduce the same. Can you please provide some more info regarding this issue:
    1. Are you facing this problem with some specific content or all the path types?
    2. Are you applying stroke properties from stroke panel or control panel?
    3. Will it be possible for you to share the test file?

Thanks
    Anish

20. Flashing screen

Since downloading the new 2020 Illustrator, even after the updates i get the same problem. While working on any document the screen flashes in and out very rapidly when moving the mouse in illustrator. It doesn't slow the software down but is very annoying when trying to set up a job and the screen is constantly flashing. All other adobe products like indesign, photoshop and acrobat work fine. Just illustrator i'm having the issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base