3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. round corners worked better before

THe rounds corner options when selecting a shape worked a lot better before the latest update (24.1.1). Before when you had hard edges in a shape you pretty much could make round edges on every corner. Now it only appears a few places.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clipping compound shape doesn't have edges drawn

If you create live compound shape (e. g. by Alt+clicking Unite in Pathfinder) and then use it as a clipping object, resulting object will have no edges drawn.
    Particularly infuriating when you have bounding box off — no controls are visible at all for the selected object.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clicking filled clipping path doesn't select it

I have a rectangle clipping mask around a circle (doesn't really matter). When rectangle has no fill, I click it and nothing gets selected — expected, fine. But when I fill my clipping mask and try to select it by clicking the colored area — it does nothing. It works for everything, except for colored clipped masks :) You have to drag over the edge only. It doesn't matter if you clipping mask is over or under (in this case, btw). I should work.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Key anchor align mode gets activated when not actually needed

Imagine I have an art I I want to move side points to be on the artboard's edge. There's a background underneath my piece and it's not locked (and I'm not in Outline mode) — so I can't marquee my 2 side points. What I do in this GIF is I click one point and then Shift+click another one. AI switches the mode to 'Key anchor', thinking that... I don't know what it's thinking :) and obviously pressing proper Align button does nothing.

I know what Key Anchor does :) But it's not what I want now. And it would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. missing instances

I've been working with a png logo and have been copy-pasting it in numerous layers and artboards of my work.

My AI crashed, so I closed it via task manager. When I restarted AI, my png logo is gone from all the artboards. I can see that there's an "instance" of it (a black square", but the logo isnt registering. Tried to export, and it came out with an artwork without the logo.

File 08 are the blanks after the crash
    File 10 has the logo that went missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Survey Request

The annoying prompt to take the survey cannot be turned off. Even on completing it I am still prompted to take it - when you do its recognized you've already taken this. This survey prompt should be disabled at least when it's been taken once.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Double Click To Isolate" preference does not work

Using the direct selection tool to try and double-click your way to grabbing a grouped object within another group of grouped objects fails. It simply doesn't select any of the other elements. This is a paralysing bug that may well see me dumping my CC subscription and going back to Illustrator CS5 or 6. From what I read, this bug is old so why hasn't Adobe fixed it?
    Attached is the file with the bug. Try double-clicking the green nodes on the chart with the direct selection tool. It should grab all the dots. Then expand out and grab the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Double Click To Isolate" preference does not work

Using the direct selection tool to try and double-click your way to grabbing a grouped object within another group of grouped objects fails. It simply doesn't select any of the other elements. This is a paralysing bug that may well see me dumping my CC subscription and going back to Illustrator CS5 or 6. From what I read, this bug is old so why hasn't Adobe fixed it?
    Attached is the file with the bug. Try double-clicking the green nodes on the chart with the direct selection tool. It should grab all the dots. Then expand out and grab the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unable to change language

Windows 10, CC2020.

I am unable to change the Installation language of Illustrator. No matter what I do it always installs itself as English (International). I am trying to change it to Norwegian to record a tutorial. This often happens, but with CC apps it is **** to efficiently try to change app languages. Fiddling with obscure settings files, renaming folders, reinstalling applications, or sometimes being forced to reinstall every single CC app and do a complete cleaning of the system.

IT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE LANGUAGE DROP-DOWN IN PREFERENCES. /rant

What I have attempted:

1. I created a new Windows…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Clipping Mask Wont Work on version 24.1.1

Everytime I walk through what is on your clipping mask page nothing works to create the mask on this new update. You Broke Something. Please fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Crashing, can't open

Illustrator crashes everytime I try to open it, whether opening a file or just the app. I have tried reinstalling it. I am using a brand new Dell computer (Windows 10 Pro, Illustrator version 42.1.1).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Typos in menu

Typos in the Layers' hamburger menu "grpahics" instead of "graphics"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clipboard not working properly

When copying and pasting in Illustrator, the properties of the object/text etc are not carried over. The only way it seems to work is if you copy the item several times, which is getting tiresome and not practical if using the 'cut' option.

For example, if I copy and paste anything on 1 artboard, and try to paste in the exact same spot on another artboard (using Paste in place or paste in front/back) it doesn't paste in the same place. Also when copying text it doesn't copy over all the properties (size, font, colour etc). Even when copying objects…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SVGs from Photoshop or Illustrator are wonky

I submitted a bug as part of a crash report within the past week regarding Illustrator's inability to export a clean SVG—it seems to always add padding that isn't necessary or wanted and makes issues for our web programmer. I'm on macOS Sierra using the latest CC version of Illustrator. I have to now rebuild my AI graphic (copy my shapes in as shape layers) in PS and then export that as SVG to get a clean SVG.

But here's where inconvenient gets weird. I'll open the PS-made SVG in AI, make some edits to clean up some off-positioned points…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. aligning rectangle control bar

Bug report_ Illustrator 2020. Only downloaded a few days ago.

If I create a rectangle using the control bar it won't let me align it using the alignment tools. If I create it by hand and then adjust the measurements to what I wanted then the alignment tools work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Illustrator 24.1 metric precision broken

So there was a new release Illustrator 24.1 the other day which I installed. Unfortunately, it looks like the engineers messed up and semi-broke the conversion routines from inches or whatever measurement is used internally to the metric units displayed to me as the user.

What used to be displayed as nice whole numbers or up to a maximum of three decimals, is now never an even number and always displayed with four decimals. Just to take an example, a dimension clearly intended to be precisely 10 mm is now displayed as say 9.9998 mm or 10.0003 mm.

This is…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

17. Discard white overprint is disabled when background save is enabled

• version 24.x

• Windows and macOS

• background save enabled

At this time, the operation related to discarding the white overprint is not performed and the settings is invalidated.
    The behavior itself is the same as another bug, but it is not completely fixed 24.1.x.
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39414226-bug-of-saving-in-the-background-of-illustrator-202

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.
    We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.1.2 .
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.1.2 Build 1.

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

18. Discard white overprint is disabled when background save is enabled

• version 24.x

• Windows and macOS

• background save enabled

At this time, the operation related to discarding the white overprint is not performed and the settings is invalidated.
    The behavior itself is the same as another bug, but it is not completely fixed 24.1.x.
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39414226-bug-of-saving-in-the-background-of-illustrator-202

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Action shortcuts are lost when rearranging action sets

If I manually rearrange the order of my Action Sets by dragging a set up or down in the list, all the shortcuts assigned to the actions in this set are lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)