4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. font favorite

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1

I updated my Illustrator App, and of course, I had to migrate all my templates over to the new CC2018 folder. Why do you make us do this EVERY update?

Additionally, ALL of my Favorited fonts were lost. Ive spent so much time sifting through my fonts to favorite fonts in each class. Now, after the cc2018 update, all of my favorite font filters are gone. Why would you reset our font filters on this update? It seems you guys come out with more bugs than features in all of the Adobe CC software I use,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Type On Path bug with OpenType-SVG fonts

• Apply a text to a curved path.

• Apply a color font like Trajan to the curved text. This results in incorrect glyph rotation.

• The rotation issue is no visible with CFF glyphs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator CC 22.0.1 Type Anti-Aliasing Issue

Illustrator CC 22.0.1 Type Anti-Aliasing Issue

1. The dropdown menu in the type window for anti-aliasing options is disabled seemingly at random.

1. . The anti-aliasing dropdown menu in the type window allows me to designate a render setting to one type selection however, this setting also seemingly applies to all type on the document (i.e. I cannot apply "Sharp" to one text block and "Strong" to another).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Text Boxes won't Scale or Flip

1. IllustratorCC 22.0.1 running under OSX 10.12.6

2. Select text box and either attempt to flip (Reflect tool using vertical axis) or scale using the Scale tool. Scale fails both dragging to scale, or double-clicking the Scale tool and inputting numeric scale value.

3. Text box scales or flips horizontal, as in all previous versions of AI.

4. Error message reading: "Can't scale the objects. The requested transformation would make some objects too large."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Type reverting & doing all sorts of weird things

The new Illustrator's type feature behaves strangely. The font reverts to the 1 I chose previously when I do some things such as discard the Offset Path setting I've set for it it in the Appearance Panel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. editing type creates a new box of type

When editing type clicking on other part of the sentence creates a new box of type instead of putting the cursor in the place I will like to edit.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Illustrator 2018 Loses ability to keep text uniform when transforming the type on path

Illustrator 2017 had the ability to, while transforming the type on the path shape, to keep the text on it the same size and proportions when doing so. I would select the path with direct selection tool, then hit command, and text would stay uniform when transforming path.

Now, in illustrator 2018, using same steps and command, type doesn't stay uniform, it gets squished.

Below are video links I recorded to show how the action works in 2017 and 2018 illustrator.

2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QORO9Xro
    2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XscdrAqBZR8

Notice how type gets distorted when moving bounding box in 2018, but I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Text lost when updating text of old version

Illustrator CC 2018.(No problem before 2017)
    Updated text disappears when opening a file of old data such as version 10 or lower by a specific operation and updating the text portion.

・Prepare and open files of version 10 or lower
    ・To confirm whether to update the legacy text on the warning screen, click [OK] to not update
    ・Save immediately
    ・Open the saved file
    ・Click on the legacy text part with the mouse
    ・On the warning screen, click [Update]
    → The text that should have been updated disappears

Reported in the thread of Japan Forum.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2401111

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

9. Major Font problem in Ai CC 2018

Adobe Illustrator 22.0 64-bit
    Windows 10 1703 (build 15063.632) 64-bit

Characters refuses to render, be it in an area frame or a single line. Can't work like that, returning to CC 2017 right now.
    I had a full page of text yesterday and now I have just the backgrounds. The text frame can be selected but the characters panel doesn't show any information regarding type weight or anything. Also, the Find Font dialog is broken.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Text path vanishes when moving it with selection tools (black or white arrows)

Since updating to version 24.1.2 from Adobe Illustrator 2019, whenever I move text objects using any of the selection arrows, the highlighted path disappears during moving and only reappears when I stop moving the text object. This is frustrating as I can't see the baseline or centre point of the text object while trying to align it to something else. This never happened before I updated Illustrator. My OS is macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Illustrator version 24.1.2.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Text with missing fonts do not always highlight

Even though "Highlight Substitute Fonts" is enabled in Preferences, text is not always highlighted when a font is missing. Expected behavior is for text with missing fonts to be highlighted in pink when this feature is enabled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Letter Spacing

Open Type Letter Spacing doesn’t work properly. If I enable "all caps" the (usually ******) spacing is not applied.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Files change type position/spacing when opening file saved in older versions of illustrator

Files opened in 23.1.1 saved in recent previous versions of illustrator change spacing, position and kerning.

I am working in 23.1.1 and the files in question were saved in a recent previous version. What happens is only certain fonts (all open type format in document) jump position by as much as 1 point. this has been confirmed on multiple machines running new version (23.1.1)

It appears that kerning/spacing/tracking gets altered. The attached file shows the comparison between new version and old version. green highlights show amount of distance of shifting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Font scrolling

When scrolling through fonts and selecting, it starts over from the beginning instead of where I left off, causing frustration and time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Find and replace text via action

Find and replace text via action does not record OR play as expected

Recording a find and replace operation records the find and replace dialog box twice (shows up in the action twice) and when playing the action, the only thing that happens is the find portions, the replacement text portions are completely ignored.

Note that this only seems to be the case when using "replace all" button in the dialog. Using the "replace" button seems to record and play correctly, even though the list of operations/options shown in the actions pallet is identical for both.

I found a forum…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paragraph styles not properly justifying

I'm using the latest updated version of CC on mac High Sierra 10.13.6

When I just use the justify option in the paragraph window, the type will justify properly, but when I've tried to create a paragraph style, the type hangs outside of the text box, no matter what I do.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug issue? And if so, any workarounds? I'm working on a file that needs a lot of type, and Illustrator is preferred over InDesign (which I've never had a problem with).

Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Type resizing issue in Illustrator CC 2019 v23.0.1

If I try to change the point size of a typeface on type that is indeed selected (any typeface - not specific to any one in particular), while I can select or type in a specific size in the type "window" (cmd T to open, or I just open it from my docked windows) it has no effect on the actual size. I can change the size using the panel across the top (see attached screen cap) just fine.

This just started happening today. I've done no updates related to my OS (latest version for Mac of Mojave) or Illustrator.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. text edit

Editing text in Illustrator 2019 is so difficult -- there's a heavy lag, and it is incredibly frustrating. This is size 12 font, small file -- there is no reason why editing this text should be lagging, and I've noticed others having the same problem. Please fix this ASAP!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Leading bug (Character panel)

There seems to be a leading bug in the latest version. The leading automatically created is usually too spaced vertically, or creating a text area creates pseudo-Latin lines of text that are on top of each other.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. typing in Hebrew

Whenever I try typing in Hebrew the letters go in the wrong direction, and I have no option in the paragraph pannel to change it as I know there is supposed to be. What should I do?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base