3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text Boxes & resizing objects in Illustrator Behaving Strangely

This might be difficult to explain, but at the moment, when pasting text within Illustrator (it can be from a different artboard within the doc, or from a different Illustrator doc, or Word, basically it doesn't seem to matter where the text comes from) or if just create a new text box and type within it, and try to resize the box, it seems to create more text boxes within the main box, and the text would 'snap' into the smaller box. If I stretch the box wider, the text will 'snap' back into the bigger box again, and I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 23.0.1 Windows 10: Toggle leading up and down in Character Palette unexpected behaviour

When the leading is set to (Auto), using the up/down arrow UI buttons in the character palette to change the leading results in weird leading sizes. Toggling up from Auto using the up arrow in the UI produces a leading of 1 pt. Toggling down from Auto produces a leading of 1295 pts!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Most of the fonts cannot show and load in the list of AI CS6

Most of the fonts cannot show and load in the list of AI CS6 suddenly today. The down arrow button (red circle in the attached picture) of the font list is not working (no response), but I can still choose other fonts by clicking up/down keyboard arrow to choose around 10 fonts (my computer installs over than hundreds fonts!).
    Also, all fonts are still working in Photoshop and MS Office. Can anyone help on this? Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Slow Type Performance

I just recently updated to 22.1 running on Windows 10. I have a list of names that was copied from two columns (first name, last name) that was copied from an Excel spreadsheet. I'm trying to remove the tabs between the columns and replace them with spaces. Once I hit the backspace key it takes approximately 5 seconds to perform the backspace and another couple of seconds to add the space. This is a list of several hundred names so it is unmercifully crippling. Other operations outside of type are somewhat laggy but not nearly as bad. I cleared out…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Style Sheets

In Illustrator CC (Latest version and several previous) on Mac:
    - BUG 1: Copying text with a Paragraph and/or Character Style applied and pasting it into a new text box adds a "+" to the end of every applied style, effectively breaking every bit of formatting that has been done. (Every style must be reapplied to the text to make the text update when the Styles are updated).

• BUG 2: When Staggered margins are set while editing the Style Sheet (e.g. a 20px Left indent and a -10px First Line indent), clicking on the "Tabs" tab, wipes out all newly…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. font favorite

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1

I updated my Illustrator App, and of course, I had to migrate all my templates over to the new CC2018 folder. Why do you make us do this EVERY update?

Additionally, ALL of my Favorited fonts were lost. Ive spent so much time sifting through my fonts to favorite fonts in each class. Now, after the cc2018 update, all of my favorite font filters are gone. Why would you reset our font filters on this update? It seems you guys come out with more bugs than features in all of the Adobe CC software I use,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Type On Path bug with OpenType-SVG fonts

• Apply a text to a curved path.

• Apply a color font like Trajan to the curved text. This results in incorrect glyph rotation.

• The rotation issue is no visible with CFF glyphs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Illustrator CC 22.0.1 Type Anti-Aliasing Issue

Illustrator CC 22.0.1 Type Anti-Aliasing Issue

1. The dropdown menu in the type window for anti-aliasing options is disabled seemingly at random.

1. . The anti-aliasing dropdown menu in the type window allows me to designate a render setting to one type selection however, this setting also seemingly applies to all type on the document (i.e. I cannot apply "Sharp" to one text block and "Strong" to another).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Snap to Point does not work with Text Objects anchors

Snap to Point used to work on the anchor points of a Text Object. It's broken now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text Boxes won't Scale or Flip

1. IllustratorCC 22.0.1 running under OSX 10.12.6

2. Select text box and either attempt to flip (Reflect tool using vertical axis) or scale using the Scale tool. Scale fails both dragging to scale, or double-clicking the Scale tool and inputting numeric scale value.

3. Text box scales or flips horizontal, as in all previous versions of AI.

4. Error message reading: "Can't scale the objects. The requested transformation would make some objects too large."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Type reverting & doing all sorts of weird things

The new Illustrator's type feature behaves strangely. The font reverts to the 1 I chose previously when I do some things such as discard the Offset Path setting I've set for it it in the Appearance Panel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. editing type creates a new box of type

When editing type clicking on other part of the sentence creates a new box of type instead of putting the cursor in the place I will like to edit.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustrator 2018 Loses ability to keep text uniform when transforming the type on path

Illustrator 2017 had the ability to, while transforming the type on the path shape, to keep the text on it the same size and proportions when doing so. I would select the path with direct selection tool, then hit command, and text would stay uniform when transforming path.

Now, in illustrator 2018, using same steps and command, type doesn't stay uniform, it gets squished.

Below are video links I recorded to show how the action works in 2017 and 2018 illustrator.

2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QORO9Xro
    2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XscdrAqBZR8

Notice how type gets distorted when moving bounding box in 2018, but I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Text lost when updating text of old version

Illustrator CC 2018.(No problem before 2017)
    Updated text disappears when opening a file of old data such as version 10 or lower by a specific operation and updating the text portion.

・Prepare and open files of version 10 or lower
    ・To confirm whether to update the legacy text on the warning screen, click [OK] to not update
    ・Save immediately
    ・Open the saved file
    ・Click on the legacy text part with the mouse
    ・On the warning screen, click [Update]
    → The text that should have been updated disappears

Reported in the thread of Japan Forum.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2401111

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

15. Major Font problem in Ai CC 2018

Adobe Illustrator 22.0 64-bit
    Windows 10 1703 (build 15063.632) 64-bit

Characters refuses to render, be it in an area frame or a single line. Can't work like that, returning to CC 2017 right now.
    I had a full page of text yesterday and now I have just the backgrounds. The text frame can be selected but the characters panel doesn't show any information regarding type weight or anything. Also, the Find Font dialog is broken.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Align Text box with Object

Using Windows 7 or High Sierra and Illustrator 24.2

Align text with any object is not aligned properly. Presently it takes text box and actual height/width of text and aligns object width/height.

I understand this is way Illustrator text work, but can changed/update so can properly aligns. Hoping to get it resolved in near coming versions.

The alignment should work like Indesign or any vector program. Check attachment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy text on path with option held crashes Illustrator.

I am creating type on a path. When I copy the text with option and drag it to paste, Illustrator consistently crashes without any recovery options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Text with missing fonts do not always highlight

Even though "Highlight Substitute Fonts" is enabled in Preferences, text is not always highlighted when a font is missing. Expected behavior is for text with missing fonts to be highlighted in pink when this feature is enabled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Letter Spacing

Open Type Letter Spacing doesn’t work properly. If I enable "all caps" the (usually ******) spacing is not applied.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Files change type position/spacing when opening file saved in older versions of illustrator

Files opened in 23.1.1 saved in recent previous versions of illustrator change spacing, position and kerning.

I am working in 23.1.1 and the files in question were saved in a recent previous version. What happens is only certain fonts (all open type format in document) jump position by as much as 1 point. this has been confirmed on multiple machines running new version (23.1.1)

It appears that kerning/spacing/tracking gets altered. The attached file shows the comparison between new version and old version. green highlights show amount of distance of shifting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base