3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator très lent depuis la dernière MAJ. MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

J'ai fait une mise à jour il y a environ 3 semaines et je viens d'en faire une autre. Depuis la première MAJ, mon Illustrator est très lent, ce ne travaille pas bien du tout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switching project tabs fails to update to selected project

In recent updates, including the June 2020 Illustrator update, tabs fail to switch projects, displaying only the current project for up to 15 seconds before slowly refreshing and switching to the selected open project tab. This happens several times a day and drastically effects productivity. (macOS Catalina 10.15.5, Macbook Pro 16 2019)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Export as jpeg - saves with incorrect file name.

I am using windows 10 and 2020 version of illustrator.
    When I export a file as a jpeg the jpeg file name doesn't always match the current file name. Instead illustrator is remembering previous file names and overwriting the jpeg with that name instead of the name of the pdf file I'm exporting from. It sometimes reverts to a file name that's 5 or 6 times back in my history of saved file names. EG if I have a file named File 01.pdf and I have Files 2-6 also saved as pdf files and I've exported them all as jpegs…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. can't open new file or work on the app at all.

I just downloaded Illustrator 2020 on my PC. The PC is a little old but has all the required specs to run the program. However whenever I open Illustrator and try to open a new file (after selecting my preferences page size etc) nothing pops up I still see the "welcome to Illustrator" home page but can still select the tools and see the blank artboards I just created however nothing gets applied to them visually but if I throw in a big black triangle I see it only on the thumbnail from the Layers panel which is obviously too…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Distribute Spacing Stuck on Pixels

The distribute spacing is set to pixels, but doesn't show any measurement. This took some trial and error to find out it was pixels. Trying to override it by typing in say "2in" only gives you an error sound and doesn't change anything.
    It seems to only show the document units after playing with a few object with the panel open. I've had limited success with changing the document units to something else and then back again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. object distortion on perspective grid after pathfinder unite

Windows 10 home, Illustrator 2020.

After uniting two or more rectangles on the perspective grid to make a more complex shape, moving/copying the new object using the perspective selection tool results in distortion as the object appears to have become detached from it's perspective plane. The behaviour is shown in the attached image.

Inserting the step Object > Perspective > Attach to active directly after Unite allows the object to move correctly (thanks Monika Gause) although it was suggested that perhaps this step shouldn't be necessary and it should be able to move correctly without it.

Many thanks, Craig.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ruler Guides disappearing

New update issues with the path guide from the ruler. Paths disappear or are not able to be pulled from the ruler.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Illustratr crashes when opening an existing file, on the latest version (24)

As soon as i open the latest version of illustrator (24) a window pops up saying Illustrator has crashed and that autosave has been turned off. Then when i go to click ok the screen freezes and I can't even shut Illustrator off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select Same Fill & Stroke not working, version 24.3

Select Same Fill & Stroke is not working in Illustrator CC, version 24.3. I'm using it on a large image traced vector pattern and need to change out the shape colors. I've used to do this all the time in past versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. アートボードの複製で強制終了

1:os…windows10
     バージョン…2020。2020/9/4時点で最新のもの
    2:アートボードをショートカット(Ctrl+Alt)で複製
    3:複製が実行される
    4:毎回落ちます(強制終了)
    5:なし

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not Loading Other Tabs

When having multiple tabs open, Illustrator will not show the other art when switching to a different tab. Ex. Document 1 and Document 2 are open and I have been working in Document 1 for a while. When switching to Document 2 tab, the art for Document 1 still shows and does not switch to the other tab. I can pull Document 2 tab off into it's own window and it will show, but once placing it back into the interface, it goes back to only showing Document 1. This happens multiple times a day and is causing me to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Extensions

Okay, so the new update of illustrator is still as laggy, as before, if not more, the extensions doesn't show up, nor work, you can't remove an extension and you can't add a new one.
    And don't tell me to install it manually, because honestly, this is not why I'm paying a monthly subscription since 2015.

If whenever I have a problem I have to go through a thousand threads and check a thousand suggestions, I have no idea why I'm paying a monthly subscription, when I can just buy another program ONE TIME.
    Or use pirated versions :)

So…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide artboards in trim view is not available

The ability to hide artboards in trim view is not available... Why? At certain times I don't want to see the black artboard line. Please add this functionality. Illustrator 24, high sierra 10.13.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Space bar - hand tool and zoom function doesn't work

Space bar - hand tool and zoom function doesn't work on illustrator 2020 and photoshop 2020. This is really annoying. Help!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Illustrator's Artboard does not update live

I am on a 2017 MacBook Air running macOS Catalina (10.15.5). My Illustrator version is 24.2.1. I haven't seen anything else about this problem on here. After doing anything such as creating a pen stroke or trying to fit the artboard to the screen, the artboard will not update and will only do so once I have used the zoom tool in some fashion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Very high latency/lag/delay with basic operations

I am using a wacom cintiq pro 24HD and a thinkpad P1 running the Win10 pro for workstations (2004 build). All my drivers are up to date. I am running the latest build of illustrator (v 24.3).

There's very high lag with basic move / resize operations (1-2 seconds) both with and without using the cintiq. + pen.

With the rotate and reflect tools, the lag is up to 4 minutes if i'm using the wacom, and it's still 1-2s without.

Please help, this has been an issue over the last few releases of illustrator and it doesn't seem to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not able to move any object on artboard

I don't know why I'm not able to move any object on artboard.

No error message is popping..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cant Resize without restarting

When you use the selection tool on any object with the boundary box showing, sometimes you have to restart illustrator to get it so select the corner to resize.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Creating Halftones Quality Has Decreased

I am beyond frustrated with what used to be a smooth, simple rendering process for creating halftones. I do what most do: create the shape with a black to white gradient > create setting under Color Halftone > Expand Appearance > Image Trace > Expand Appearance (again). Boom, done.

Howevre, please refer to my image below. From left to right, this is what is happening now with the current software. First on the left is the gradient shape. Next is the effect if you apply the color halftone. So far no issues. But as soon as you apply Image Trace,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator crashes when using certain tools, when macbook goes to sleep, when left on too long, when selecting items (CMD+A)

Going mad trying to fix this bizzare problem on my new 2019 Macbook pro.

• Latest version of illustrator (24.1.2)

-Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, MD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Since maybe last month, illustrator has been crashing more and more frequently, and at the strangest of times. I have everything almost exactly the same on my 2018 Macbook Pro and Illustrator is totally fine on that one. I can't quite figure out what is going wrong with this laptop.

For instance:

-When I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base