3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant Resize without restarting

When you use the selection tool on any object with the boundary box showing, sometimes you have to restart illustrator to get it so select the corner to resize.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creating Halftones Quality Has Decreased

I am beyond frustrated with what used to be a smooth, simple rendering process for creating halftones. I do what most do: create the shape with a black to white gradient > create setting under Color Halftone > Expand Appearance > Image Trace > Expand Appearance (again). Boom, done.

Howevre, please refer to my image below. From left to right, this is what is happening now with the current software. First on the left is the gradient shape. Next is the effect if you apply the color halftone. So far no issues. But as soon as you apply Image Trace,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator crashes when using certain tools, when macbook goes to sleep, when left on too long, when selecting items (CMD+A)

Going mad trying to fix this bizzare problem on my new 2019 Macbook pro.

• Latest version of illustrator (24.1.2)

-Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, MD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Since maybe last month, illustrator has been crashing more and more frequently, and at the strangest of times. I have everything almost exactly the same on my 2018 Macbook Pro and Illustrator is totally fine on that one. I can't quite figure out what is going wrong with this laptop.

For instance:

-When I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Move tool lags and I can't move my layers.

I don't have any ideas necessarily. Just want the features provided to work normally. I can't even use my move tool without the program lagging. Also, it's nearly impossible to organize my layers because Illustrator doesn't allow me to move them. It makes tasks that should take 1 second to do take 5 mins. Which makes it impossible to get anything done.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update (v24,2) crashes Illustrator consistently, enough memory (RAM) and slow down when using eraser tool

I'm working on Windows 10 last build 2004
    i7 6600
    Mem 24 GB
    Graphics GTX 1080Ti 11gb

After the last update, Illustrator has consistently crashed. When I select Eraser tool the app perform a huge slow down. After some time working the illustrator starts to slow down and I need to relaunch. Some minor crashs occuir too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Spacebar isn't working as a shortcut hand tool.

This feature was working yesterday on my AdobeCloud Illustrator app. I got a notification that there were updates on the Cloud but it wasn't for Illustrator. When I went into the program today, I am now unable to use the spacebar as a temporary Hand tool. I didn't change anything in my preferences. Nothing was different than how I use the program since yesterday. Not sure how to fix this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When closing all tabs (Cmd + Option + W), Illustrator instantly crashes.

Sometimes I have multiple tabs open, and I want to close all of them at once instead of each individually. Cmd + Option + W is a common Mac shortcut to close all tabs. In previous versions of Illustrator, this worked as expected. As of 24.2.1 on 10.15.6 version of Catalina, it crashes every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Converting Text to path extremely slow

Converting Text to Path ist extremely slow. I have a Job, where 1000 textboxes (each a 5 digit number) has to be converted to paths. On my iMac (3,7 GHz 6-Core i5) this task takes 16 minutes. I tried the same with 16 years old Freehand MX on a 11 years old MacPro 2 x 2,8 GHz Quad Core and it took 13 SECONDS! As there was never an Intel-Version of Freehand it runs under Rosetta what lets the Result in Illustrator look even poorer... And as I have to repeat this task 100 times I would end up in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bounding box center points disappears while adding ruler guides in 24.1.3.

Bounding box center points disappear while adding ruler guides in 24.1.3 please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back CS5 image trace controls and results, PLEASE!!

Over the years, each update in Adobe Illustrator has resulted in poorer trace results for complex line work. I specifically keep an old Mac so I can run CS5 just to trace. Please bring back the advanced controls CS5 had so illustrators such as myself can use the updated version of Adobe Illustrator to trace hand sketched work. I've attached a sample to show you results from CS5 trace and the current Adobe Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring back CS5 image trace controls and results, PLEASE!!

Over the years, each update in Adobe Illustrator has resulted in poorer trace results for complex line work. I specifically keep an old Mac so I can run CS5 just to trace. Please bring back the advanced controls CS5 had so illustrators such as myself can use the updated version of Adobe Illustrator to trace hand sketched work. I've attached a sample to show you results from CS5 trace and the current Adobe Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool

I'm using a windows computer and will later try to see if this is a problem on my mac. Please fix!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Crash on Quit

Illustrator crashes on quit 4 out of 5 times on my Mac and has for many months and builds. Crash on quit wouldn't be so bad if Illustrator didn't save so many interface and plugin settings on quit. The main crash indicator is below and full log is attached. Currently running illustrator 24.2.3, macOS Catalina 10.15.6. 2019 16" MacBook Pro Radeon Pro 5500M.

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXCBADACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: EXCI386GPFLT
    Exception Note: EXCCORPSENOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
    Terminating Process: exc handler…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Update's shape tool take up an extraordinary amount of power.

The shape builder tool takes 4 minutes to finish deleting shapes (when hit alt to get the minus sign and subtract shapes from a selection). It takes up so much power from my CPU that my task manager says illustrator is taking up 100%. Deleting the inner parts of a font (D, R, P) took 2 hours last night when making a logo. I restarted my computer 8 times, started a new illustrator file 4 times (thinking it was a corrupt file) and eventually just waited out the extrodinary processing times to get my project done. It's really ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Duplicate ai files while working

I have to work remotely from a server at my job. For months now, Illustrator will create these strange duplicates of a file I work on, even if I haven't saved the file. There's no pattern to when these files are made, as I sometimes use a variable import script to btach multiple files at once, but not all files are duplicated. Please refer to the screen capture I includes.

In that folder, there should only be 2 AI files, man and woman. But without my prompting, it created those duplicates, and they can't be deleted without rebooting your computer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Escape Button and Arrow Keys not working with latest Illustrator 2020

This was a previous bug that seems to be resurrected: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/35763892-escape-key-and-arrows-not-working-with-illustrator

Escape and arrow keys randomly stop working. If I close the application and restart it sometimes solves the issue, but I'd really like to not have to close everything down and start it all back up again every time it stops working 5 - 10 min into editing a document. :(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'creat

Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files

No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'create PDF compatible file', etc...), if I save as a PDF, the PDF will show up saying "This is an Adobe Illustrator File that was saved without PDF content" etc... Is this a version 2019 bug???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Illustrator crashes on Macbook Air Mojave

Illustrator crashes frequently - generally after 20 minutes of use. Most frequently when I'm using pen tool do draw qith bezier curves. First the background desktop goes black, then menu items dissappear, then it freezes and goes entirely black. 2015 Macbook Air on Mojave -

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Issues with saving

2020 update often gives error while saving. It says the file cannot be saved. It then deletes the current file I'm working on, opens up a new window and I have to click save - as if I pressed "Save As..."

It happens quite often when I press "Cmd + S" to just save my artwork.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base