3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Objects not moving

Objects are not moving. This is a persistent issue when is adobe going to fix it?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AI 2018 slow, unresponsive - unusable - Downgrade to 2017 instructions please

Jerky, unresponsive, unbearable lag time, clicks buggy. Simply unusable

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator CC - Lags constantly every attempt to do something in my layers

I have been using Illustrator since macOS Sierra and it was decent in regards to performance not perfect though. Now since MacOS High Sierra Illustrator just destroys my workflow, I waste so much time waiting for the pin wheel to go away just so that when I attempt to move the cursor to interact with a layer is comes right back and i'm waiting again. . . and then at time it will crash (this is good I make backups)

I would find it hard to believe that a relatively new MacBook Pro should have no problems handling an 600mb…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. group

Unable to group something together. It give me the option to group but when I click it nothing happens, please update Illustrator there are too many glitches now.

Kind Regards,

Liam

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

5. Stability update made Illustrator very unstable

I noticed the 27/07/2020 update described itself as addressing stability issues, which I didn't have. Since the update ran, 3 hours ago, I've had three crashes - all when copying text and graphics together. My crash report crashed too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Illustrator gets a bit weird when I hold down shift to click and drag an object.

When I hold down shift to click and drag or when I hold shift+option and drag to copy, the object gets stuck. I have to take my finger off the shift key to move the object in place requiring an extra step to align.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mouse is not moving objects after the latest CC update!

After updating latest CC Illustrator update my mouse no longer can drag objects i can only use the arrow keys to do this. It was working fine yesterday. Work fine in any other programme such PS, Ms PPT.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Still not able to paste (CMD + V) text when creating a new folder in Save as dialog box in Ai 2020

In the latest update the copy and paste option is fixed when trying to do it in the save as dialog box. But if I try to create a new folder with the save as dialog box open I still cannot cmd+v to paste text into the field.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'creat

Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files

No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'create PDF compatible file', etc...), if I save as a PDF, the PDF will show up saying "This is an Adobe Illustrator File that was saved without PDF content" etc... Is this a version 2019 bug???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Preferences reset whenever Illustrator freezes/crashes

Illustrator freezes or crashes 1 to 2 times a day. I use it for 8 hours a day at work. When it freezes, I have to force quit with Task Manager. I'm using 2020, and I had this exact issue with 2019. However with 2020, whenever it freezes and I force quit, once I open Illustrator again all of my preferences are back to default. These preferences include: custom Keyboard Shortcuts, the workspace, boxes that have been checked (e.g. the Preview box in Envelope Distort).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't export or save files

Every time I click Save As or Export no window pops up and I can't save any of my files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Illustrator crashes with every use. First, the drop menus depopulate, next the save dialog box dissapears, and then the program freezes

My issues with illustrator 2019 started with previous update, but I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 and it's still a problem. Seems I've been lucky though to have this only happen to me recently. People have been raising their hands on this being an issue for them since October 2018! Unbelievable. So what's the solution?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lag and Illustrator "Not Responding" after copy command

The platform is: Illustrator 23.0.6 64-bit, on Win10 Enterprise 1903 latest updates, and with nVidia drivers R430 U5 (431.70).

The bug is that Illustrator freezes for ~5 seconds after/during a simple copy command, and "Not Responding" is displayed on the top title bar. This can be induced by just opening a new file, drawing a rectangle, then trying to copy it (with Ctrl-C or with the menu command).

This is destroying my workflow...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. lag issue with Blob Brush

Major issue with Blob Brush lagging (if using either mouse OR tablet). When using Blob brush on earlier versions, no lag at all.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Every time Illustrator start, CEPHTMLengine steal focus by constantly being killed/crash and restarted

This is a bug, not an idea.
    I'm using Illustrator 2019 with full Adobe CC over Windows 7 pro, Since the update from 2018 every time I start Illustrator all other windows loose focus every 20sec, including Illustrator. I can not even type a full sentence when illustrator is ON. Once Illustrator is closed, the normal focus returns.
    I noticed that the CEPHTMLEngine start when Illustrator start and its being killed or crash every 20sec and then is restarted, This restart steal focus from any program running in windows. The cycle continues until Illustrator is closed.

I'm behind a corporate…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Memory overload

Illustrator is chewing up every mb of memory of my computer until it then crashes. nothing else is open on my computer. no files are open with illustrator itself. yet its memory usage grows from 0-40gb then the program crashes due to lack of memory. ive clicked the repair bug button it pops up with. ive un installed and re in stalled. creative cloud did some update and install. ive turned my computer off and on. nothing fixes it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 23.0.1 Consistent Crash - Trying to record a transparency adjustment in an Action

I'm using an iMac with Mojave 10.14 and Illustrator 23.0.1.

I'm getting a crash while recording an action with a grouped object selected, I try to edit a transparency via the Properties menu. The crash is within one to two seconds of hitting enter on this change, consistently. Seems like it's another part of the memory leak that's happening?

I'm rolling back to 22.1 until this is resolved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Illustrator not working after Oct 2018 update (version 23.0)

Since the Oct 2018 update, I cannot open or use the program. I see this screen (see attached). Also, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but since the update a folder has appeared on my desktop named 'GPUCache' with 5 files inside (photo attached)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. can't move objects

I created an object and then if I try to move it anywhere else in the document it just dings at me. I can move it with the arrow keys but not with the selection arrow. I have read all of the posts and tried everything suggested. Including reinstalling Illustrator and nothing works. I have checked to make sure the box is not checked to move by path only. As it is, Illustrator at the current moment is totally unusuable. I am going to have to use Inkscape. I want my Illustrator to work. This is why i pay big…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator 21.1 slows down

After using Illustrator 21.1 for a period of time - usually over 20 minutes - the software becomes increasingly slow, laggy, unresponsive. Quitting and restarting Illustrator fixes this, but it then happens again. And again.
    I have tried using fresh preferences: it makes no difference.
    PC system is Intel i5-7600K @ 3.80GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1050Ti, up-to-date drivers, up-to-date Windows 10.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base