Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Key Object Performance Issues

When aligning to a complex key object, the performance is terrible. When I click on a complex object (say, a group of complex paths or illustrations) to set it as the key object, it lags for several seconds after clicking before I can click an alignment tool. The length of the lag depends on how complex the key object is. This behavior never occurred in prior versions of illustrator. Very annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slow performans on Mac OSX

Hi,
    I have been having this problem for a long time. I thought the problem originated from me and I bought a new computer but I have been disappointed.
    This problem is has constantly on the Mac system and I did a test today. I saw that Windows pc is more stable. This is a serious problem.
    This problem is has in many projects. Normally, a computer with this feature should give very good results.

Please consider this situation urgent.

Mac system info

4K retina
    3,6 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 560 OpenGL 4096…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. PDF Press from InDesign dropped in Illustrator = missing gradient text paragraphs

We have an issue with an InDesign PDF Press Quality opened in Illustrator...

Our InDesign file is OK. The PDF PRESS exported from InDesign is OK.
    Both are showing a gradient type below the black type and print well on our XEROX proofer (see file PDF from InDesign).

When we open this PDF PRESS in Illustrator, the gradient type below the black type disappear (see file PDF from InDesign opened in Illustrator).
    We tried with regular type and outlined type in InDesign. Same results.

PDF Press is also attached.

The workaround was to export the InDesign file as an EPS…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Selection tool, bounding box

Square did not fill with the fill color I selected. The objects are all pixelated and not clear. Bounding boxes keep disappearing. Objects moving back to previous positions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator 2018 crashes constantly..

Hey there, fellow Illustrator-People,

since yesterday I'm running into an issue that stops me from making any progress on the project I'm currently working on, without any signs of a logical cause here.

I was trying to open up a few recent files I worked on but Illustrator just straight up closes, without any crash pop-up or illustrator re-opening any of the files when getting started again. It's possible to open up illustrator via the app icon, but not via the files I want to edit. I then checked if other files can be opened, and to my surprise, some…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pixel Loss using Pathfinder (Subtraction)

Hello,

I'm noticing when using the pathfinder subtraction feature I'm getting a loss in pixels in the subtracted object. In this instance I have a design that will be printed on a black shirt. I'm subtracting my top black layer from the layers below. I have attached a screen shot for reference. You can see if you compare the subtracted shape to the top black layer there is a loss of line quality. Basically, you cannot get an EXACT subtraction from one shape to another. Even if you use basic shapes you still have a loss of pixels once subtracted.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Left Mouse Button Single Click Acts Like Double Click

This only seems to happen in Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 and Adobe Bridge. I'll single click on a file to select it and it will open as if it has been double clicked. This happens intermittently. I've checked all the mouse settings and nothing has changed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exporting to PSD file, leaves whie pixel around edge

When exporting a file from Illustrator to Photoshop with layers, I am noticing a white line around the edge, and when I zoom into it in Photoshop, I see it is not solid color to the edge of the artboard in Photoshop. It is however aligned perfectly in Illustrator, and I have clicked on Pixel Perfect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Node.js: Server-side Javascript has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem

I went online to and followed the steps in Control Panel under Programs and Features. And the javascript message continues to pop up. Please advise

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Illustrator shows spinning circle - tried everything

I can use the mouse, but the cursor has a spinning wheel even outside Illustrator, and the menus don't work. I've been through checklists about install/reinstall, remove user preference folder, in Illustrator as in other products, I've tried moving all the fonts I could from the fonts folder. I've rebooted multiple times. I've tried reinstalling Illustrator. After doing all this, I get error messages such as "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error (SExi)", "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error (CANT)". I'm currently also using After Effects - I removed the user preferences using the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Closing documents makes Illustrator 2020 to hang (24.3)

On Windows 10 (v 1909) when closing a document (previously saved, or opened without any change, or a new empty document) Illustrator hangs and is unresponsive for 5-20 sec.
    This is happening after update.
    Photoshop had the same problem, but the hanging time reduced after the newest updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustrator (24.3) Slow lagging, AI and EPS files issues, non responsive

macOS Mojave (10.14.6)

Working on large scale signage graphics - have completing almost exactly the same thing for previous jobs with no issue. 24AUG20 AI auto updated and instantly could not move graphics in file - constant spinning wheel and slow loading times.

Saving file was extremely slow - ceasing to save from 80-90% and then crashing (crash report sent). The only way to continue working was to save as EPS.

Also attempted saving graphic elements out as EPS files to place into INDD where EPS was pixilated (fully or partially). PDF exported from INDD unable to save correctly with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. horitional blue lines

I am suspecting a video card problem, but it only this only happens in adobe illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Illustrator très lent depuis la dernière MAJ. MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

J'ai fait une mise à jour il y a environ 3 semaines et je viens d'en faire une autre. Depuis la première MAJ, mon Illustrator est très lent, ce ne travaille pas bien du tout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export as jpeg - saves with incorrect file name.

I am using windows 10 and 2020 version of illustrator.
    When I export a file as a jpeg the jpeg file name doesn't always match the current file name. Instead illustrator is remembering previous file names and overwriting the jpeg with that name instead of the name of the pdf file I'm exporting from. It sometimes reverts to a file name that's 5 or 6 times back in my history of saved file names. EG if I have a file named File 01.pdf and I have Files 2-6 also saved as pdf files and I've exported them all as jpegs…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Distribute Spacing Stuck on Pixels

The distribute spacing is set to pixels, but doesn't show any measurement. This took some trial and error to find out it was pixels. Trying to override it by typing in say "2in" only gives you an error sound and doesn't change anything.
    It seems to only show the document units after playing with a few object with the panel open. I've had limited success with changing the document units to something else and then back again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide artboards in trim view is not available

The ability to hide artboards in trim view is not available... Why? At certain times I don't want to see the black artboard line. Please add this functionality. Illustrator 24, high sierra 10.13.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move tool lags and I can't move my layers.

I don't have any ideas necessarily. Just want the features provided to work normally. I can't even use my move tool without the program lagging. Also, it's nearly impossible to organize my layers because Illustrator doesn't allow me to move them. It makes tasks that should take 1 second to do take 5 mins. Which makes it impossible to get anything done.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Update (v24,2) crashes Illustrator consistently, enough memory (RAM) and slow down when using eraser tool

I'm working on Windows 10 last build 2004
    i7 6600
    Mem 24 GB
    Graphics GTX 1080Ti 11gb

After the last update, Illustrator has consistently crashed. When I select Eraser tool the app perform a huge slow down. After some time working the illustrator starts to slow down and I need to relaunch. Some minor crashs occuir too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base