3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Selection tool, bounding box

Square did not fill with the fill color I selected. The objects are all pixelated and not clear. Bounding boxes keep disappearing. Objects moving back to previous positions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator 2018 crashes constantly..

Hey there, fellow Illustrator-People,

since yesterday I'm running into an issue that stops me from making any progress on the project I'm currently working on, without any signs of a logical cause here.

I was trying to open up a few recent files I worked on but Illustrator just straight up closes, without any crash pop-up or illustrator re-opening any of the files when getting started again. It's possible to open up illustrator via the app icon, but not via the files I want to edit. I then checked if other files can be opened, and to my surprise, some…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pixel Loss using Pathfinder (Subtraction)

Hello,

I'm noticing when using the pathfinder subtraction feature I'm getting a loss in pixels in the subtracted object. In this instance I have a design that will be printed on a black shirt. I'm subtracting my top black layer from the layers below. I have attached a screen shot for reference. You can see if you compare the subtracted shape to the top black layer there is a loss of line quality. Basically, you cannot get an EXACT subtraction from one shape to another. Even if you use basic shapes you still have a loss of pixels once subtracted.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Left Mouse Button Single Click Acts Like Double Click

This only seems to happen in Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 and Adobe Bridge. I'll single click on a file to select it and it will open as if it has been double clicked. This happens intermittently. I've checked all the mouse settings and nothing has changed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Exporting to PSD file, leaves whie pixel around edge

When exporting a file from Illustrator to Photoshop with layers, I am noticing a white line around the edge, and when I zoom into it in Photoshop, I see it is not solid color to the edge of the artboard in Photoshop. It is however aligned perfectly in Illustrator, and I have clicked on Pixel Perfect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Node.js: Server-side Javascript has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem

I went online to and followed the steps in Control Panel under Programs and Features. And the javascript message continues to pop up. Please advise

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Illustrator shows spinning circle - tried everything

I can use the mouse, but the cursor has a spinning wheel even outside Illustrator, and the menus don't work. I've been through checklists about install/reinstall, remove user preference folder, in Illustrator as in other products, I've tried moving all the fonts I could from the fonts folder. I've rebooted multiple times. I've tried reinstalling Illustrator. After doing all this, I get error messages such as "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error (SExi)", "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error (CANT)". I'm currently also using After Effects - I removed the user preferences using the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Move tool lags and I can't move my layers.

I don't have any ideas necessarily. Just want the features provided to work normally. I can't even use my move tool without the program lagging. Also, it's nearly impossible to organize my layers because Illustrator doesn't allow me to move them. It makes tasks that should take 1 second to do take 5 mins. Which makes it impossible to get anything done.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ruler Guides disappearing

New update issues with the path guide from the ruler. Paths disappear or are not able to be pulled from the ruler.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator crashes on Macbook Air Mojave

Illustrator crashes frequently - generally after 20 minutes of use. Most frequently when I'm using pen tool do draw qith bezier curves. First the background desktop goes black, then menu items dissappear, then it freezes and goes entirely black. 2015 Macbook Air on Mojave -

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Performance on MacOS

Currently MacOS version still slow, zooming slow , it's memory hog. it need to use Apple Metal GPU API. Illustrator is heavy. They need to improve the performance. Listen to the users.

like MacBook Air it runs slow and laggy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Escape Button and Arrow Keys not working with latest Illustrator 2020

This was a previous bug that seems to be resurrected: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/35763892-escape-key-and-arrows-not-working-with-illustrator

Escape and arrow keys randomly stop working. If I close the application and restart it sometimes solves the issue, but I'd really like to not have to close everything down and start it all back up again every time it stops working 5 - 10 min into editing a document. :(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spacebar isn't working as a shortcut hand tool.

This feature was working yesterday on my AdobeCloud Illustrator app. I got a notification that there were updates on the Cloud but it wasn't for Illustrator. When I went into the program today, I am now unable to use the spacebar as a temporary Hand tool. I didn't change anything in my preferences. Nothing was different than how I use the program since yesterday. Not sure how to fix this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Illustrator Freeze & Crashing

After updating my Macbook Air to version Mojave version 10.14.6 and Illustrator to version 24.1 I am unable to work in Illustrator for more than 5 minutes before it freezes and my screen turns black. I can not click on any tool either and dropdown boxes and windows disappear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Freezing and crashing constantly - menu gets messed up first

Illustrator keeps freezing and frequently crashing. This is not a computer issue, it happened on my old computer and is still happening on my new Lenovo thinkpad. It happens the same way every time. First the menu bar gets corrupted (look at top menu photo attached). Then menus won't open. Then it crashes. Sometimes I can save first, but often not. I am losing a ton of work! I just lost a half hours work. I need this fixed. I have update illustrator several times it doesn't fix it. I'm attaching an image with the details of my system, but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Constant Random Crashing

Adobe Illustrator CC 2020; A coworker and I are coming across the same issue where our Illustrator is consistently crashing almost every hour or so throughout the day, seemingly at random. It will happen when trying to select/move an object, when trying to save, when clicking on another window, when clicking on a dropdown, and even when the machine is just sitting here doing nothing on my lunch breaks, it's not a question of if it will crash, it's when.

Sitting behind us is another co-worker who has yet to have this issue happen on his machine, we're all on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. illustrator version 24 vector file is too large

1. Windows 7 Pro - Adobe Illustrator 24.0.2 (2019)

2. Opening a 2.7 MB Adobe Illustrator 23 (2018) all vector file and saving it.

3. Expect file size to remain similar or the same

4. File size of the new version 24.0.2 results in 260 MB

The file is using Gaussian blur. I suspect it is this. The file attached is the 2.7 MB version 23 file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Image Trace, Saving files, Swatch panel

Running AI 2020, v 24.0.3 on Mac High Sierra v 10.13.6

• Save & Save As commands are not working at all. Commands are there, seems like they work (able to click, asks for file name, location, etc), but file never appears/saves. Have tried saving as new file types, names, etc, but nothing works.

• Image Trace, same issue. Button is there and I click on it but nothing happens.

• Swatch panel has disappeared completely. Searched "Swatch" in illustrator help search bar says "no results found". "Swatches" not under windows menu. Have loaded different workspaces, none have it.

Have quit and restarted…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator window too small to open file

I have to close and open AI files all day. Every 5-6th time of opened various documents, my entire program window will shrink down as small as possible and i will get an error message saying AI is too small to open the file when I already had the program as full size.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base