Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

941 results found

1. Home screen lists unmodified files as "Last modified"

The Home Screen lists recent files sorted by "last modified" even when those files have not been modified.

The list actually shows the files which were last viewed (or last closed), regardless of whether the file has been modified.

It would be useful to have both these options, but the current situation is wrong and misleading.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Lock/unlock guides shortcut not working

The standard Lock/Unlock guides keyboard shortcut doesn't seem to be working on Illustrator CC 2020 on MacOS.
    Please fix.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Text object locations corrupted on saving in 24.0

Not actually sure if this is a file save issue or a UI issue. I've been working on a drawing for a few days (24.0 on Windows 10) when at some point, after a save, the location of a lot of the text objects is corrupted. Open the same file in Acrobat DC (for PDF) or browser (for SVG), and it looks fine. In Illustrator, not so much. Have replicated it a number of times, working in .pdf, .svg, and .ai formats. It's a show stopper, not sure how to proceed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. All tools and actions are slow and lagging, random selection in Ilustrator 2020

All tools lagging. cursor selects items randomly and drags them around when non having been selected. Illustrator 2020 CC installed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Radiobox on the Symbol options behaves inverse to the expected using the keyboard arrow keys

See the attached image, notice that Symbol Type is set to Dynamic Symbol. If you wanted to change it to Static Symbol using the keyboard, you'd expect to press down on the arrow keys, correct?

That does not work, instead you need to press UP on the keyboard arrow keys, which is the exact opposite of what you'd expect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Place returns to the wrong folder

In previous versions of Illustrator, the place command would return to the folder containing the last placed file (say the Worker folder). For example, If I place an object and then save to a different folder (say the Finals folder), the next time I go to place, it takes me to the Finals folder rather than the Worker folder. Not sure when this broke/was changed, but would appreciate getting this function back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Average Path Behavior changed in Illustrator 2020

It's pretty simple. Press the key command for Path/Average. The dialog pops up. Options are Both, Horizontal, or Vertical. The way it used to work was that you could press the cursor key on your keyboard for up, just once and it would land on vertical. Press again for Horizontal. But in 2020, it's different. Press "up" arrow once for Vertical. Press again and it remains on Vertical. Cancel the whole window and start over. Now, instead of pressing the up arrow, press the down arrow once, and it lands on Horizontal. Press again and it stays on Horizontal. So…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Illustrator 2020 Character Styles Not in English

For some reason in the "Character Styles" window, it says [Estilo de caractere normal] instead of [Normal character style] My language is set to English. I think this is a glitch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Art Board - Shadow

Please remove the Art Board SHADOW. I don't feel like any use from it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recent file history missing on app launch

Since updating to the latest version, on starting Illustrator I just get the "start a new file fast" section but no recent file history icons.

Once I've opened and then closed a file the app returns to the home screen and then my recent history is showing but the Start A New File Fast bit has gone.

Once I close illustrator down and re-open it the history disappears again :(

Using Illustrator v24 via a Creative Cloud Suite account on Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing. No change.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keyboard shortcuts missing in File New dialog

In the legacy File New dialog, there are keyboard shortcuts to quickly navigate the settings, such as Alt+W for the Width input and Alt+L for Bleed. These are missing in the newer File New dialog.

Luckily, we can still use Illustrator's Preferences to revert back to the legacy dialog, but keyboard shortcuts still do need to be implemented on the new dialog.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. First click is lost when focusing the window

Windows, when Illustrator isn't focused, clicking inside the window, the click is lost, another click is needed to perform the intended action. Annoying, because the second click is treated as double click.

To reproduce:
    Open Illustrator and move the window to the left. Open another program, for example a text editor. Clicking in the illustrator window over a text (with the intent of copying the text causes just focusing the window, the text itself isn't selected. Only the second click selects the text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix Tabbing in Transform Palette

Fix tabbing through the Transform palette so when keying-in numbers and tabbing through, the numbers don’t randomly change (this is a bug).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A few menu oddities on 24.0

Attached are screenshots for a few menu oddities I've found on Illustrator 24.0. None are workflow breaking, they're just odd stuff like duplicate entries or weird characters.
    Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Font Preview Tool - Not Working, UI WAYYY TOO LARGE

As outlined here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/33696535-fonts-scrolling-through-list

Which appears to be getting riddled with new comments as of yesterday... I am experiencing this issue. There is no options to adjust. The Preview Tool does not work either. Please FIX ASAP!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Open-file window has to be manually selected to select file by name via keyboard

Normally when I got to open a file I select Command O, it brings up the file browser and I start typing then name of the file I need. Now I have to manually click on the file window before it will start recognizing keyboard input.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Character Panel Typing Font Names Manually Issue

When trying to type certain font names manually in the first field the placement of the letters jumps to the wrong spot.

When I type "Arial Bold", "Arial Regular", or "Cooper Black" the cursor or text placement seems to fail and not type the text in order from left to right. I saw one other post here with a similar issue but it could not be reproduced. This is the first time I have seen this so far on the new Illustrator CC 2020. After typing the "o" in "Arial Bold" the letters end up typing to the left of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvieniecne caused to you due to this issue but we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.
    To nail down the issue further we would like the following information from your end :
    1) Setting in the font search dialog – (“Search Entire Font Name” or “Search first name only”)
    It would be really helpful if you could provide a short video having steps to reproduce the issue.

Share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

18. Colours of Layers defined in documents saved by version 23.1.1 & prior are shifted one colour down the list by Illustrator 24.0

When a document created by or saved via Illustrator 23.1.1 or prior is opened in version 24, some (but not all) the Layers are incorrectly set in the colour immediately below the correct colour in the default Layers colour list.

For example, a Layer that was set in “Brick Red” in a version 23.1.1 or prior document, is automatically changed to be in “Olive” when opened in version 24.0. “Olive” is immediately below “Brick Red” in the default colour list.

This error is consistent across many different Illustrator CC documents - e.g. every document that I tested & that had…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1
    Now your files created in 23.1.1 or prior will retain layer color when opened in 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

19. Keyboard shortcut for zoom leads to meltdown

Windows Illustrator 2020
    The keyboard combination for zooming in and out (ctrl-spacebar) combined with the mouse drag leads to immediate shut down of the programm.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Selection is not visible in Illustrator 2020

I just installed the latest version of Illustrator and it's pretty horrible to use. I cannot see the direct selection points on any object. I have tried toggling show bounding box and it doesn't make any difference. When an object is selected it is not highlighted so it's impossible to tell whether it is selected or not.
    I'm running on a PC with Windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us .
    2) Is this file specific or happens with any object in a newly created file also?
    3) Kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip File
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    Win: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly share the requested information at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base