Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

939 results found

1. Oversize UI Elements in Ai 2019

I noticed that with the 2019 version of Illustrator (23.0), the entire UI of the software seems to be "supersized." It is as if every pixel is now rendered oversized. Not just in the drawing area, but all the tools, controls, panels, everything.

I've attached a "full screen" screen shot of the 2019 (v. 23.0) welcome screen, and the (reinstalled) 2018 (v. 22.1) welcome screen. Both are maximized on the same physical screen, the display on my MacBook Pro. See how the buttons and other elements are larger in the 2019 version? Like it is somehow zoomed in.

I do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Illustrator v23 desktop glitchy

Hi, im running Illustrator CC 2019 v23 on Windows 7 32gb Ram. The keyboard shortcuts dont work (ctrl+A for example), mouse scroll zoom doesnt work. All drop down menus, File/Edit etc, will shut randomly making it impossible to select any options. As it stands completely unusable. Anyone else haviing these issues?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

3. Stop showing the "billing error" screen on launch

Every time I launch Adobe I get a "billing error" screen that tells me to "please update [my] billing information to avoid losing access to Illustrator CC."

My account is paid for until June 22. That's 247 days from now. I shouldn't be harassed like this until MAYBE the last couple weeks of my membership.

Please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. selection issues

I have to click above where i want to select in the men system, i have windows 10 illustrator 2108

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Illustrator uses UI scaling for menus from main display in dual display setup

Windows 10, version 1803
    Illustrator CC (22.1)

I have a dual display setup. Display 1 is 109ppi (27", 2560x1440) set to 100% UI scale in Windows settings. Display 2 is 282ppi (15.6", 3840x2160) set to 225% UI scale in Windows settings.

Illustrator is set to 'scale to higher supported scale factor'

If Illustrator is placed on display 2, with display 1 set as the 'main' or primary display in windows settings, Most UI items within Illustrator display as expected but menus and some other items become unreadable, because Illustrator appears to take its UI scaling setting from the display set…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Targeting and moving selections between layers

I just upgraded to Illustrator CC 2018 (22.1). The layers interface has more bugs than a bait store. For one thing, I can no longer move targeted selections between layers, and the "release to layers" (build or sequence) doesn't expand named layers properly.

I'm a high-end packaging production designer. I have to work with vector art and therefore multiple layers are absolutely critical to mitigate file complexity. This is a serious problem as now I refuse to release mechanicals that would be untenable for vendors.

I'll need to revert back to Illustrator CC 2017, and can only hope and pray…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. shortcut delay

in iMac, all of the keyboard shortcuts are a little bit delay, like 0.5s. How can i solve this issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. user interface PPI mixed, wrong, "new" dialog unusable

see attached picture
    this used to happen more intermittently but recently it's happening every time. creating new items is completely broken.
    different panels appear at 100% scale, while others appear at 200% scale it seems.

affects the actual menus and the common open/save file dialog sometimes

when I restart illustrator, restart the machine, or dock/undock monitors it changes in seemingly unpredictable ways

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to assign CMD+Z to Undo tool

I am using Illustrator CC 2018 22.0.1 for Mac (High Sierra 10.13.2) and I am having trouble assigning CMD + Z to my "Undo" tool. After my last update, I had lost nearly all of the default keyboard shortcuts (I had never customized them before so I assume they were the defaults) like cmd + s = save, cmd + c = copy, cmd + v = paste, etc. which was really frustrating to always have to go to the menu bars to do small actions. However, I have since gone in manually and reinstated the old shortcuts, but for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Layer Panel is blank & not representing any layer panel icons or titles

Layer Panel went blank randomly in a multi-layered project. Cannot view titles or any icons. Sometimes running the mouse over layer panel reveals the information that the mouse points at, however, only to disappear (title info, icons etc) if you click on layer.

Latest version of Illustrator CC 2018. Have rebooted system twice, one shutdown for several hours, one restart. Also researching online to find similar issues. Seems to be relatively new issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Can you please check layer options dialog?
    From panel flyout open Layer Options and see if the thumnails for “Layers” “Groups” and “Objects” are selected and “Top Layer Only” is Not selected.

Also “Show Layers Only” check box should be deselected.

let me know if this solves your problem or not?

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

11. Windows Panels resize at applications restart

Not sure if this is a Windows issue or a new AI 2018 issue. The problem I am having with all 2018 Adobe products is that when I enter back into AI after restart my Window Panel properties are all collapsed even though my saved work-space is saved with all of them always expanded. This causes me to go through every window panel and expand it. Not a huge deal but super annyoing and a time waste. This is happening consistently. I am running Win10- pro with the latest AI CC update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here. It would also be helpful if you can share your workspace on sharewithai@adobe.com

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

12. Layer Options Color Changes/Problem

I use Illustrator on an iMac. With the upgrade to CC 2018, the following happened:
    1) In the Layers Palette, all layers colored Cyan changed to Yellow;
    2) All layers colored Magenta changed to Cyan.

By itself, this is not a terrible problem (disregarding Yellow as a terrible layer color to begin with!) The problem comes when I try to change them back.

When I open the Layer Options for a particular layer, I used to hit 'Tab' to take me to the Color, then 'C' to get Cyan. Now, it brings up a Custom window that I have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Illustrator 2018 UI is not correct-missing panels and won't set workplace

This is what I get when opening the new Illustrator CC 2018. Wonky, slow to respond, no panels, workplace will not appear. THings lag and disappear randomly. Terrible!
    On WIN 10 Enterprise 64 byte Dell Desktop Nvidia Quatro K4000 video card. 4K monitor

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please try to delete your preferences. If it still doesn’t solve your problem, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

14. Font name not suggested when typing in

When I want to change a typeface to another and I start typing in the name, instead of loading a list of installed fonts related to the characters being typed, nothing happens. No suggestions loaded at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi Love,

sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Can you please click on the little rectangle in the font name (below search button) and see the option selected?

If it is “Search First Work Only”, change it to “Search Entire Font Name” and it will solve the issue.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

15. When group is selected the "Make pixel perfect" option is missing in the proportes panel

The "Make pixel perfect" option for selected objects is missing when they are grouped, in the previous version it was easily accessible from the top right corner icons now have to dig in the Object menu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Start Screen and New Page Screen has a black border as if its minimised

The Start Screen and the New Page screen acts as if it is minimised inside the window (see attachment to understand) until i update the page by minimising and then maximising the application.

as there is no way to minimise the new page screen it is stuck in this state. Started happening all of a sudden tonight. I have tried to turn off gpu acceleration but that has no effect. Tried Uninstalling but also didn't fix the problem.

I have not tested any other pages like preferences to test if it happens on that too but my guess would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Constrain proportions via text entry no longer working

According to the Illustrator User Manual, and in previous versions, with respect to Reshaping Objects (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/scaling-shearing-distorting-objects.html):

"You can also maintain proportions by entering a value in the W or H box, and then pressing Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac OS) while you press Enter."

This no longer works and is rather annoying. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. dialog box size

On Windows 10, using 2 screens.
    The dialog boxes for Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver display far larger than the window, meaning I'm unable to reach most of the options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dual Screen - Prompt window display on the wrong screen - Mac

The prompt dialog display window constantly display on the wrong screen even after repositioning to the main display.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Toplayers in layer panel flip open when opening files, even after closing them when closing the file.

Files with a lot of layers that have sublayers should keep their toplayers 'closed' to keep things orderly and manageable. Now every time I open a file, AI flips most (not all! why?) toplayers open, thereby showing all sublayers, making the layer panel a superlong list and cluttering view. I always have to start by manually closing them all again. rinse and repeat after closing the file.... There seems to be no structure as to which toplayers get flipped open and which stay closed, so it is not a pref setting it seems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base