2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator 2019 - anchors are now invisible unless selected?

I installed the newest AI update (v23) and started testing some of the new features when I noticed that the anchor points that I rely on for my work have vanished. I've attached screen snips to show the difference between AI 2018 and 2019.

That little magenta X shows up in earlier versions but now it's invisible. It's still present and can be selected if I know where it is but that defeats the purpose, in my opinion. There must be some way to turn these back on, right?

I've tried toggling many settings in the menu and the closest…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need More Info  ·  24 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mesh objects don't get selected when only edge is marqueed

All paths in AI get selected when you draw a marque over their edge (with no points inside selection). Segment got selected. It is fine.

But mesh objects are immune to edge marqueing, because there is no 'segment' thing for a mesh. WHY? Why don't you make the same thing as it's done for paths? Just select seam between mesh points and allow to move both points adjacent when seam is 'selected'.

I put this into Bugs, because I consider this a bug rather than request. Like 'Selecting segments in mesh is broken all these years since introduction and everybody…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. preferences reset to default...EVERY time I open Illustrator

Every time I open Illustrator, all preferences are reset to the defaults. EVERY preference, EVERY time. I've saved custom workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, etc. and those are available to be activated, every time I open the application.
    Using AI CC 2018 (22.0.1) on Windows 7, with Cloud disabled.
    I do NOT have the option to install the latest patch; I don't even have access to menu item "Check for Updates."
    Would be EXTREMELY helpful if Adobe would make the list of fixes for each patch available. I have no way of knowing when there's been an update, or what was patched…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New File and Help Tabs Not Working

This is not an idea, it's a bug in the system. The 'File -> New' command does not work. If I click 'File -> New', it brings up a new window that remains black and does nothing. I found a work around. If I check the use 'legacy "File New" interface' box In the 'Edit -> Preferences -> General' dialog, only then will it allow me to create a new document.

I can, however, upon initially opening illustrator, create a new document. But say i'm working on a project and I want to create a new document with the 'File…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

5. Precision touchpad scroll jittering

On my XPS 13 9360, I am having issues when scrolling horizontally or vertically. The scrolling is not fluid; when scrolling at low speeds, the canvas actually scrolls the incorrect direction. This is present in dropdown menus as well. It seems like there are two scrolling actions that are fighting each other, but I am not sure.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Entering a text field should select value by default

There are certain default behaviors that one becomes used to when using a computer and Adobe appears to have completely disregarded this with respect to manually entering values! Please fix this serious bug.

When clicking on any modifiable value field, a single click should select the entire contents of the field by default. If I click on the width field in the Illustrator top bar, I should be able to simply type a width and hit tab or enter to apply. THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS.

If I see that my width is only off by a small amount…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Zooming malfunction when switching between windows.

This occurs when I have multiple documents open in tabs. When I switch between tabs and scroll to zoom, it zooms in the previously opened tab, but not the current one. If I click within the document, then I can start zooming normally again.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

8. Flickering Cursor

The cursor constantly flickers on my MacBook Pro 2017 with Touchbar.

Really annoying.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Home screen error

I'm on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4, and when I launched Illustrator just now the icons on the home screen were oversize and not contained within their tiles.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Realtime Preview makes rulers and objects disappear when moving

In Illustrator 24.1 the real time editing feature makes guides or other objects that have no fill or stroke or an object with a white fill and no stroke disappear when moved.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Home screen lists unmodified files as "Last modified"

The Home Screen lists recent files sorted by "last modified" even when those files have not been modified.

The list actually shows the files which were last viewed (or last closed), regardless of whether the file has been modified.

It would be useful to have both these options, but the current situation is wrong and misleading.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

12. Ctrl+Tab does not work when Caps Lock is on

When Caps Lock is on, the Ctrl+Tab shortcut for switching document windows does not work.

When Caps Lock is off, the Ctrl+Tab shortcut works normally.

I believe that this is not intentional behavior.
    All the computers in my studio are experiencing this problem, resetting preferences does not help.

Windows 10 64bit (this problem was also present on Windows 8.1 64bit and older versions of Illustrator)
    Latest Illustrator version
    Intel i7 processor
    32 GB of RAM
    NVIDIA GTX graphics card

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Relinking multiple linked files at once

Hello,

Hi, I'm brutally struggle with Ai or even in Indd when it comes to changing arts from linked files with more artboards and replacing them easily. I have prepared board for printing and label cutting so that means I have couple of graphics ready to print and what I have to do is just relink linked file with another one AND and choosing different page its original file.

I have one design like this with 3 artboards/pages and I have other 11 designs.

In other project I have placed linked files. The problem is, each placed linked file Ai…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Menu Bars dont hold. keep disappearing

Hi,
    This is relaly frustrating. The Menu bars (all of them) keep disappearing when I click on them. By disappearing, I mean as if someone is pressing escape key. I cant select anything in the drop down, or have to move my mouse super quickly before the menu disappears :(

Also, the keyboard shortcuts don't work. please help!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. All toolbars gone - Illustrator CC 2019

As soon as I open the Illustrator today, every toolbar was lost. Even if I click the workspace presets, it doesn't do anything. I already returned all the lost tool bars manually but when I opened Ai, they're gone again. Please fix this. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ruler UI scale too small on newest version

Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4 @ 175% (2736 x 1824)
    Just downloaded the newest version of Illustrator CC (23.0.1 - 64 bit)
    Everything about the UI seems the same, except the ruler numbers are too small to see! (Everything else seems the same as it has been for the past few years, except this.) Changing the UI Scaling in Preferences from small to medium makes everything else way too big (again, it's only the ruler that's too small...but it's very important!) And changing the resolution on my screen of course doesn't help either. It's simply the relative size of…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Art work not consolidating to the center window

Since updating my illustrator for a week or so ago... when I open art work the arrt work does not open and I am unable to consolidate art windows into the main window. Seems like some sort of bug. The only way I can bring open files is by navigating to window > arrange > float all windows. When I drag the window back into the main panel it disapears. The open screen will not go away

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Problems with text, bounding box, selections, scaling and more

Hello, I’ve been having a problem with Illustrator for now a week. The version I am working with is 22.1 and I am working on a MacBook Pro 15in 2017 with Sierra 10.13.5, Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB and Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB,

I noticed that the problem always starts showing up when I am working with text, especially when changing the tracking of the text. The problem shows up after usually a couple hours of work and it “resets” when restarting the application or…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Attributes Panel shows Overprint for mixed selection

The Attributes panel shows that a selection of multiple objects is set to Overprint when the selection contains objects that are not set to Overprint. Only if a non-overprinting object is selected prior to the group selection, will the Attributes will correctly show the "-" (Dash) to indicate a mixed selection. See Screenshots attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can't drag layers in layers palette

I suddenly cannot drag layers in the layers palette. I just need to place a layer on top of another, which I've been doing for over a decade. Please fix this now.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base