Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. All toolbars gone - Illustrator CC 2019

As soon as I open the Illustrator today, every toolbar was lost. Even if I click the workspace presets, it doesn't do anything. I already returned all the lost tool bars manually but when I opened Ai, they're gone again. Please fix this. Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Window resize handle broken

Whenever I try to resize a document window now by clicking the lower right corner, it snaps to a larger size that fills the width of my screen and goes off the bottom beyond what my cursor can reach. I have to click the resize button at the top to undo. The only way I can now resize any window correctly is by dragging out from the sides and bottom individually. This is very time consumiing. Just fix it to how it used to work in every other previous version. It shouldn't take extra time with every new 'feature' you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AI don't expand folders in File > Scripts when you have over some number of nested folders

I have 57 folders inside Scripts root folder.
    They are well-organized and have several levels of hierarchy:
    10 general folders containing (or not) files and folders. The deepest level is 3 folders.
    AI ignores folder content at I would say folder 54 and don't expand the last three. Clicking won't help.
    Do you have any limitations for nested folders in AI?
    Why it is not documented then?
    Anyway, fix it, please.
    Fix at least something besides your fresh CC 2019 bugs (that you still don't fix).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New File and Help Tabs Not Working

This is not an idea, it's a bug in the system. The 'File -> New' command does not work. If I click 'File -> New', it brings up a new window that remains black and does nothing. I found a work around. If I check the use 'legacy "File New" interface' box In the 'Edit -> Preferences -> General' dialog, only then will it allow me to create a new document.

I can, however, upon initially opening illustrator, create a new document. But say i'm working on a project and I want to create a new document with the 'File…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

6. Precision touchpad scroll jittering

On my XPS 13 9360, I am having issues when scrolling horizontally or vertically. The scrolling is not fluid; when scrolling at low speeds, the canvas actually scrolls the incorrect direction. This is present in dropdown menus as well. It seems like there are two scrolling actions that are fighting each other, but I am not sure.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Entering a text field should select value by default

There are certain default behaviors that one becomes used to when using a computer and Adobe appears to have completely disregarded this with respect to manually entering values! Please fix this serious bug.

When clicking on any modifiable value field, a single click should select the entire contents of the field by default. If I click on the width field in the Illustrator top bar, I should be able to simply type a width and hit tab or enter to apply. THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS.

If I see that my width is only off by a small amount…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Thanks for your inputs. We have tried doing all the scenarios stated by you. You have mentioned that it use to work fine before. Can you please let me know on which build was it working fine. I have tried it on CS 6 as well as the latest 23.0.3 but both works in the same manner.

8. Zooming malfunction when switching between windows.

This occurs when I have multiple documents open in tabs. When I switch between tabs and scroll to zoom, it zooms in the previously opened tab, but not the current one. If I click within the document, then I can start zooming normally again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Dialog box pop up warning when opening the application for IllustratorGc.jsx

Illustrator version:25.3 (updated today to run natively for M1)

Hardware Specifications:
    MacBook Pro M1

I updated my Illustrator today to run natively on M1 and have been facing this issue for a while.

I changed none of my preferences but randomly seem to be getting this warning pop-up that does not go away when clicking on 'Continue' or 'Cancel' - I tried reinstalling the app which didn't work at first, so I removed my preferences and tried again but that did not fix it. It seems the warning pop-ups just when I open the application…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 配置メニューでキーボードアクセラレーター「C」が重複している

• Windows 10
    • Illustrator Version 25 (all)

ファイルメニュー→配置メニューを利用した際にファイルメニューが表示されますが、「クラウドドキュメントを開く」と「置換」で、キーボードアクセラレーター用のキーである「C」が重複し、置換側が働かなくなっています。

Version 24まではクラウドドキュメントのメニューがなかったことから、Version 25としての不具合に相当します。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Round corner not showing, object select not showing multi-select

round corner only shows with regular select tool but not direct select tool
    when using direct select tool, would not outline selected object
    round corner mod would only show up for default shapes, if anything is divided or combined the round corner stops showing.

Why do we need to vote for bugs to be fixed?
    shouldn't all bugs be fixed?? i mean it's not a new feature we are requesting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Canvas goes white and blue when selecting object.

Whenever I select anything on the canvas, the entire canvas goes full white, and alternates between blue and white. Clicking anywhere on the canvas returns to the previous view, but it makes it impossible to make adjustments. I'm using Illustrator 25.0.1, on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur. I tied reverting to 25.0.0 but the same problem occurred.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stuck in Isolation mode after double clicking away

I right-clicked an item on my artboard and entered isolation mode. Afterward, I double-clicked away and now everything except my previously selected item is stuck in that semi-transparent state even though illustrator tells me I am no longer in isolation mode. I have tried selecting the item and right-clicking to click the exit option but it's not available. I tried closing the document and then re-opening it but it just opened in isolation mode again. This file is basically a throwaway now which is frustrating. I've attached some images showing my issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to highlight values in Properties panel > Transform

I am unable to hightlight any values with the mouse cursor that are contained in the textbox fields within the Properties Panel > Transform e.g. Width or Height.

Using latest version of Windows 10 and Illustrator 2021 (Desktop).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blinking Cursor absent in Artboard panel

Operating system: Mac OS 10.14.6
    Illustrator version: 24.2.3

Hi, When typing inside the Artboards panel to name artboards the blinking cursor appears to be missing.
    Regards
    Gary

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Toolbars missing + NO RESET available!

All my toolbars are missing. Updated to last version after that happened - no change.

RESET button on toolbars does not work.

only ESSENTIALS CLASSIC toolbar selection allowed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Home screen lists unmodified files as "Last modified"

The Home Screen lists recent files sorted by "last modified" even when those files have not been modified.

The list actually shows the files which were last viewed (or last closed), regardless of whether the file has been modified.

It would be useful to have both these options, but the current situation is wrong and misleading.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

18. Ctrl+Tab does not work when Caps Lock is on

When Caps Lock is on, the Ctrl+Tab shortcut for switching document windows does not work.

When Caps Lock is off, the Ctrl+Tab shortcut works normally.

I believe that this is not intentional behavior.
    All the computers in my studio are experiencing this problem, resetting preferences does not help.

Windows 10 64bit (this problem was also present on Windows 8.1 64bit and older versions of Illustrator)
    Latest Illustrator version
    Intel i7 processor
    32 GB of RAM
    NVIDIA GTX graphics card

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guides are too thin since last update

Since the last update (23.0.4) guides are almost invisible, especially when using the document grid in combination.

This is only the case when GPU performance is on. When it's switched off, the guides appear as usual. In the previous Illustrator version this problem didn't exist...

The strange thing is: while dragging other guides, or making a rectangle selection with the Selection Tool, the guides become thicker again. But, when I release the mouse again, they become thin again.

I work on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) model, NVIDEA GeForce GT 750M 2GB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. MacOS…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Menu Bars dont hold. keep disappearing

Hi,
    This is relaly frustrating. The Menu bars (all of them) keep disappearing when I click on them. By disappearing, I mean as if someone is pressing escape key. I cant select anything in the drop down, or have to move my mouse super quickly before the menu disappears :(

Also, the keyboard shortcuts don't work. please help!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base