Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

82 results found

1. Constrain proportions via text entry no longer working

According to the Illustrator User Manual, and in previous versions, with respect to Reshaping Objects (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/scaling-shearing-distorting-objects.html):

"You can also maintain proportions by entering a value in the W or H box, and then pressing Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac OS) while you press Enter."

This no longer works and is rather annoying. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Asset Export Panel Empty

Unable to use "Asset Export" because the panel is empty. Help please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "New Document" window doesn't scale on Windows 10

On Windows 10, the "New Document" window (reachable from the "Get Started" window by pressing "Create new...", for example) doesn't scale according to the scaling set in Windows display settings.
    Set to 250% (Windows recommendation), the window looks fine.
    Set to smaller values, the content doesn't fit in the frame. See attachment (200%).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mouse click sticking

This problem only seems to happen in Illustrator. I have not seen this issue when I use Photoshop.

Clicking with the mouse, does not always work as expected. It is almost like there is a long delay before the release is detected, resulting in a drag operation. Sometimes I see the spinner appear after I click. I have tried a different mouse, same issue. In the video, I am only ever doing a quick click, without moving the mouse.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Issue when typing in the font name field to find a font

v. 22.0.0
    iMac 2017 on High Sierra

I use English and Greek keyboards on my Mac.

Very often I start typing in the Fonts field to find a specific font.
    If the keyboard is set to Greek when I start typing, I delete anything I have typed, use the keyboard shortcut and start again.

The bug is that the shortcut to switch keyboard language doesn't work while I am doing this.

I have to grab the mouse and go on the Mac's menu bar and do it there, then go back in illustrator and start typing again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dual Screen - Prompt window display on the wrong screen - Mac

The prompt dialog display window constantly display on the wrong screen even after repositioning to the main display.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Toplayers in layer panel flip open when opening files, even after closing them when closing the file.

Files with a lot of layers that have sublayers should keep their toplayers 'closed' to keep things orderly and manageable. Now every time I open a file, AI flips most (not all! why?) toplayers open, thereby showing all sublayers, making the layer panel a superlong list and cluttering view. I always have to start by manually closing them all again. rinse and repeat after closing the file.... There seems to be no structure as to which toplayers get flipped open and which stay closed, so it is not a pref setting it seems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

8. Illustrator 2018 Crashes

Surface Book crashes within minutes of starting drawing in Illustrator 2018. Have done a complete diagnostic check of my machine with Microsoft online and there are no issues there. What should I do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. UI Not Scaling Down

After updating to the 2018 version of Illustrator, I found that the UI wasn't scaling to the proper resolution. I expected it to be proper & have smaller buttons & such. In reality, all of the tools & toolbars are bloated like it's scaled to 200%.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Libraries Panel rendering is not correct

THe rendering of this panel is incorrect, it doesn't let me align it properly with other panels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sizing Glitch

I have updated my Photoshop and Illustrator programs but when I boot them up to see the home screen where I would like to see "new" "open" and previous projects, I am greeted by a glitched window that, no matter what size I try to make it, will always fail to work. I have tried countless times and have only run into this problem with the new update. at first I had thought it was an issue with my monitor but soon realized that even with two different monitors hooked up (including the computer one) I get a glitched window…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

12. Layers Window Twirl Down Icon Issue

I only know of this occurring on the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 for Windows 8.1. In the Layers Windows, there's a very slight graphical bug. A locked group within another locked group is expanded to show what it contains by pressing the sideways "V" shaped arrow to the group's left side. As expected, the arrow plays its animation of rotating into the downward "V" shape and expanding the group. However, when the locked group is compressed down again, the button to expand the group disappears and is unclickable until clicking off to another item in the Layers…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

13. release to layers not working

release to layers not working. Does it for 1 group or sublayer, but not for all of them. Had to open CC 2014 to get it to work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

14. zoom tool?

did something happen to the simple command + and command - zoom keyboard shortcuts? I've been using those since 1995 or 6, and now when i use them it centers me on a specific, but unselected artboard?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Zooming malfunction when switching between windows.

This occurs when I have multiple documents open in tabs. When I switch between tabs and scroll to zoom, it zooms in the previously opened tab, but not the current one. If I click within the document, then I can start zooming normally again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

16. exporting svg

Hi,
    I use Illustrator CC 2017 21.1.0.
    When exporting an illustrator document to svg 1.2 tiny and open in Dreamweaver CC2017 or another editor I receive an error on the Illustrator metadata / namespaces like:

<!-- Generator: Adobe Illustrator 21.1.0, SVG Export Plug-In . SVG Version: 6.00 Build 0) -->
    <!DOCTYPE svg [
    <!ENTITY nsextend "http://ns.adobe.com/Extensibility/1.0/">
    <!ENTITY ns
    ai "http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeIllustrator/10.0/">
    <!ENTITY nsgraphs "http://ns.adobe.com/Graphs/1.0/">
    <!ENTITY ns
    vars "http://ns.adobe.com/Variables/1.0/">
    <!ENTITY nsimrep "http://ns.adobe.com/ImageReplacement/1.0/">
    <!ENTITY ns
    sfw "http://ns.adobe.com/SaveForWeb/1.0/">
    <!ENTITY nscustom "http://ns.adobe.com/GenericCustomNamespace/1.0/">
    <!ENTITY ns
    adobe_xpath "http://ns.adobe.com/XPath/1.0/">
    ]>

I have exported with the following…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

17. Submenu don't work

1. Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 (64bit)
      Windows 8.1 2013 microsoft
      Asus 64x

2. Ctl + N or File> New Document

3. creation of a new document

4. does not work nothing happend

And no drop down menu for the Tools are visible :
    - Direct selection (A)
    - Pen (P)
    -Text (T)
    - Stroke (Maj+ T)
    - Rectangle (M)
    - P
    - Maj + N
    - Maj + E
    -... all with a sub menu

No tools are visible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Hope you have upgraded to new version and if you are still facing this issue, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

18. Panel type and icons are enormous

I recently upgraded Illustrator. the panels are gigantic. The type is ridiculously huge . the panels are taking up more than half my screen and I need all of them available. How do I get the panels to display nice and tiny and compact like they did before? Am I supposed to buy another graphics card and get a third monitor just to hold adobe panels? Am I really supposed to buy new glasses just for Illustrator just because Adobe can't be bothered to make things a normal type size?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. We have implemented Scalable UI in new releases. If you are still facing this issue, please upgrade to latest version. If you still face the issue even after upgrading, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

19. Create New Button Does Nothing

I'm using OS X El Capitan with a multi display setup, comprising of two monitors and a Wacom Cintiq. Sometimes with multiple desktops and multiple monitors popup windows will open in strange places and I have to find them-- however I've gotten rid of my extra desktops and tried to replicate the problem running a single monitor and it persists.

Neither Premiere nor Photoshop have this issue.

Illustrator opens up fine, but when I get to the prompt to open a recent project or create a new one, everything works except clicking "Create New" doesn't do anything. Of course I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Zoom - Scroll Wheel

In Illustrator CC the program seems hardwired to not listen to the tablet settings about scroll wheel zoom or even touch pad zoom. There are lots of people online complaining about this and trying to find work arounds.
    I suggest just creating a hard wired button like photoshop did to fix this issue.
    This wasn't an issue with Illustrator CS4, so I'm not sure what changed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base