3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opacity and Mask Define Knockout Shape - not working with GPU Preview

Opacity and Mask Define Knockout Shape - This option does not work if GPU Preview is enabled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text Highlight NOT Hidden with Hide Edges

This has been a problem since CC2017 and is still not fixed in CC2018... When trying to work with selected text, in every version of Illustrator prior to CC2017, "Hide Edges " (CMD+H) would also hide the "selection box" or whatever you call the highlighting of text. In CC2017, it stays highlighted UNLESS you UN-check GPU Performance.

It's a real pain when you are trying to change the text color of a single word or character because you can not see the result since the highlight color is still shown and shows a different color than what you have selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disappearing Content

After zooming in or isolating objects, other objects disappear upon zooming out. I have to select and isolate invisible objects in order for them to reappear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GPU Performance stops working when enabled

Illustrator 21.1.0 (64-bit)

GPU Performance shuts off whenever I open a file. I have to close the file, turn off GPU Performance (yes, turn it OFF in preferences), then turn it ON again, then reopen my file to get it working again. I've been complaining about this for months, and Adobe has ignored my complaints. All updates including drivers have been installed and I've completely removed and reinstalled Illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zoom artefact

Illustrator 21.1.0

When I use a very high zoom (25 500 %), paths appear distorded or even disappear.

It happens when GPU rendering is off as well as when it's on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GPU Performance is deeply broken - UI overlay refresh issue

Within about 20-30 min of starting illustrator with GPU Performance enabled, everything goes haywire.

It seems to be an issue with UI overlays such as art board bounding boxes and shape paths/points. As you pan about or adjust a shape, it seems that old overlays are not disposed and new overlays are just drawn on top resulting in layers and layers of overlays. The overlays are cleared if you zoom but when you start to pan or manipulate shapes again, the overlays continue to populate on screen.

Images attached should illustrate the issue better then I can describe it. What…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Swatch color under the cursor of Live Paint tool is wrong on GPU

When previewed on GPU the swatch displayed under the Live Paint Bucket cursor is wrong compared to the color set and/or applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Linked images don't show when opening a file

Since the June update, some linked images don't appear when first time opening an existing file. After selecting them with the white arrow and moving them, they suddenly appear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Animated zoom malfunction

Hi guys,

I am using a Windows 10 rig, fully patched inkl. all drivers and the latest Adobe product versions. Here's the spec of my rig:

• Core i7 4700K

• 32 GB RAM

• Geforce GTX 770 2 GB GDDR

• SSD Disk

My issue is a malfunction of animated zoom. Normally I am using STRG + SPACEBAR and my mouse to zoom in and out. In small Ai projects with a small amount of layers it works fine.

But, if I illustrate a car, with hundreds of layers at a special moment the animated zoom doesn't work anymore. If I use STRG…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG -> Wrong rendering of shades in Illustrato 2020

When opening an Illu 2019 File in Illu 2020 I get wrong rendering results. We tried to reproduce the problem on several machines and it happens ewerywhere.

We are a production company with prepress repro team. Since we dont know, when the problem can occur, we are not able to use 2020 all the time.

Please find attached a sample illustrator file and screenshots from Illustrator 2019 and 2020.

I hope, you can find the bug and update the Illustrator 2020.

Stay safe,

Gregor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Last Update is making Illustrator behave unexpected showing something like "white noise"

Last Illustrator update brings this weird issue after opening any file on my machine. As you can see it does not happen only on the work area, but also on UI components. While scrolling down and up again solves temporarily the issue on the work area, the UI cannot be solved neither minimizing or maximizing the program. After some seconds, the work area shows that error again, pixel by pixel.

Machine: Surface Book 2
    Operating system: Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.752)
    Illustrator version: 24.1.1
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
    Version of the driver: 26.21.14.4575

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Only Black Screen display

When creating a new document or opening an existing document in Illustrator, I get a black screen (see attached). I have to resize the window to be able to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Separations preview imac 5k very slow

There is some problem with Overprint preview turned on, everything becomes verry laggy. I'm on iMac 2019 27" with 40gb of RAM, SSD drive, no plugins. No matter which document is opened, the problem is same - very slow illustrator movement.

Only sollution is to run Illustrator in Low Resolution mode, then the problem does not exist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blue background lines on Illustrator 2020

Hello,

I'm having an issue with illustrator 2020. When i start working sometimes the background of a file stars having some blue lines covering all of the canvas. horizontally and vertically.

I'm using the latest release of Mac OSX Catalina on an Imac 2019.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rendered objects not matching the outline

I have found multiple rendering issues with Illustrator 2020 on Mojave 10.14.6
    There are three types:

1.) When cutting an object with the path finder, it might occasionally produce straight lines instead of curves, although I can't replicate this and it happens rarely.

2.) The displayed object doesn't follow the outline accurately in general. This is blatantly obvious when zooming in to the max and drawing a small object.

3.) Lines aren't smooth, they have extremely tiny irregularities. These disappear when zooming (even when already at max) but only for the current screen. Moving the camera reveals new ones and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. UI Panels not rendering with Catalina update

The panels in the user interface for both Illustrator and Photoshop have started not rendering properly (aka disappearing) both for the document panel and for workspace panels the ever since upgrading to Catalina on Mac. This most commonly happens when pressing "F" to switch between document views. Other times when switching from another application to the Illustrator or Photoshop window, the entire document disappears despite the Window dropdown menu saying it is open.

I have contacted Adobe Customer Support and they have continually told me to delete my preference files (Illustrator) or turn on/off Legacy compositing (Photoshop). Despite doing these,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. transparency grid disabled - Drawing area is not visible

I had this problem only with some files, which created "AI CC23.0 mac".
    If transparency grid enabled, Everything looks normal.

My System:
    Windows 10
    intel i7 8700K 32gb Ram
    Nvidia Quadro P1000
    AI 24.1 6@177427 (64-bit)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Inconsistency between GPU and CPU modes

mac OS 10.15.1 (19B88)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

I have an issue regarding inconsistent appearance between GPU and CPU modes when using composite fonts. Attached are the screen shot images of the identical material when captured in (1) GPU-mode, (2) CPU-mode, and (3) GPU-mode after outlined.

As the files show, the last 2 characters show up at different position. The outlined characters show up in the position identical with (2). So I guess (1) has some issue (not displaying the pre-outlined characters at the correct position).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Illustrator laggy and slow on when using CPU. Colours not accurate on GPU

Hello, I'm using a MacOs 10.14.6 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 and I have Illustrator 23.1.1.
    I've been having the following issue (even before updating to this version).
    Every time I use the CPU view Illustrator becomes really slow and laggy.
    I mostly use GPU mode for this reason but the colours are not accurate in this view. Colours look more opaque.
    I tried resetting my preferences, disabling GPU performance, disabling dictation on my mac, change my document raster effects settings to screen (which made a little bit better), but nothing quite work.

I can't continue with the workaround of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. se pega

Hola desde que lo instales funciona muy lento se paga y no se cierra cuando uno presiona la X solo cuando con el botón derecho me señala cerrar programa esto no debería ser así si estoy pagando por un buen servicio. gracias solicito solucionar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base