Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View Using GPU Gets Greyed Out Permanently with Outline Mode

Hello, with fresh preferences, 'View using GPU' and scrubby zoom are enabled in Illustrator. if I turn on Outline Mode, Illustrator loses connection with my GPU. The 'View using GPU' option becomes greyed out and never restores. In order to get it back I have to delete my preferences. Here is my system info:

Illustrator 25.1
    GPU: 2 x NVIDIA Titan Black
    RAM: 64 GB Memory
    GPU Driver: Driver 460.89
    Display: ASUS PQ321Q 4K

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

34 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.

As we are hearing from some users that the issue is not completely fixed , we are working on trying to reproduce the issue at our end . Kindly provide a screen recording \ elaborate steps for reproducing the issue/

With Best Regards,
    Aishwarya G Gadodia

2. Strange fake rough aproximated outlines around the shapes.

Latest AI version 25.2.1 on macOS 10.14.6 (18G8022)
    Hi guys. I'm found this weird bug which completely ruined the possibility to display the projects to client. Look at the color Screenshot - do you see these strange rough aproximation lines, darker then main background? When i'm switched to the Outline view - i see the clean outline.
    This bug is visible when i'm using the transparency for this object.
    I've also added an Ai File with this bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transparency mask not refreshing

I'm not sure if this is a GPU rendering issue or not. When selecting a group of objects and going into transparency mask mode to add a rectangle with black to white gradient, the effect is now not visible until I exit mask mode, which is very frustrating because I then have to keep switching over to see the effect.

Using Illustrator 25.1
    Mac OS Big Sur

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GPU Preview not available (grayed out) after editing artboard

With newest version of illustrator the GPU acceleration and GPU-Preview fails in some files. To test it i have created a blank document and the GPU preview works. But when I edit the artboard, the GPU preview is turned off at that moment and cannot be reactivated. Reset the Illustrator-Settings to default doesn't fix it.

Illustrator 25.2, MacPro2013, GPU AMD FirePro D700, Monitor 2560x1600Pixel, Wacom-Tablet, MacOs Catalina and Mojave testet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug when moving from outline mode to GPU preview in winsows 10

When i switch to outline view then switch back to GPU preview, the animated zoom stops working

I'm on the latest illustrator build 25.1 on windows 10 latest build - GPU details as attached

The only way to fit this si to reboot illustrator

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Colors in entire file are suddenly completely wrong (when not in pixel preview mode)

I just encountered this bug on macOS 10.14 with Illustrator 2021. After pasting a PNG into my document, the colors of everything suddenly look very different and washed out.

I can "fix" this by using Pixel Preview mode OR "View using CPU", but that slows down my workflow. I even tried opening an earlier version before I pasted the PNG, and the colors are still completely wrong! Can anyone help?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GPU preview goes away and won't come back

I have been working on illustrator files containing vector & linked images, which have been used often in different files in the past. The ai file opens in CPU preview and cannot return to GPU.
    I tried copying images from the CPU preview file to a new blank GPU preview file. While pasting an image, the preview turns to CPU. Even if the image is deleted, the preview does not return back to GPU. Same test with another artwork and another jpg.

Mojave 10.14.6
    Ill version 25.2.1
    GPU Performance Activated
    AMD Radeon Pro 570X

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac19,1 …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GPU & Clipping Masks

Since the v25.2 update, AI is having trouble showing backgrounds with clipping paths and displays as all white. When I turn off GPU acceleration, the graphic returns.

Also, when I PDF the file or open in the previous version, 25.1 or 24.3, everything displays properly.

Running macOS 10.14.6 on a late 2014 Retina iMac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Class action against Adobe

Guys, we need to make a class action. All the suite is full of old and annoying bug... Every time they updated, something broke and I loose a lot of time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text edits dont show in GPU mode

Windows 10 20H2
    Omen 15 Ryzen 7 4800, GTX 1660Ti , 16Ram
    Illustrator 2021

On going issues since if i remember 2016 or so.

When GPU is enabled, lots of time when i edit a textframe it wont show the updates. The textframe keeps showing old text, zooming doesnt fix it. Only thing which fixes this is either move the textframe or deactive GPU and restart illustrustrator.

I first noticed this issue on my old Mac at the office, this cant be updated due to old OS its running. Now i still noticed it on my Windows system running 2021

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Strange fake rough aproximated outlines around the shapes.

Hi guys. I'm found this weird bug which completely ruined the possibility to display the projects to client. Look at the color Screenshot - do you see these strange rough aproximation lines, darker then main background? When i'm switched to the Outline view - i see the clean outline.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Strange fake rough aproximated outlines around the shapes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. GPU preview

If I use rulers the GPU preview switches back to CPU and the Illustrator slow down.
    If I switch off the rulers and open again the GPU preview will OK.

Mac Mini 2020 M1
    Illustrator 25.2.1 and 25.3 BETA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Guides disappear during drag with GPU preview turned on

While attempting to move an existing guide (horizontal or vertical) with GPU preview turned on, the guide disappears until the mouse is released.

This makes it very difficult to move guides to new positions.

With CPU preview turned on the guide remains visible when being moved and behaves as expected.

Win 10, Illustrator v25.1, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, Driver Version: 27.21.14.5177

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U Radeon GPU not recognized (but works in Premiere, Lightroom)

Illustrator does not use the GPU (Setings->Performance says "Compatible GPU not available", even though below the device is listed under "GPU Details".

However, all other Adobe CC apps (Lightroom, Premiere) do recognize and use the GPU without any problems.

Windows 10, (v2004, build 19041.746); Illustrator 25.2 (64-bit)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. GPU Problem With Rules active

real-time GPU view does not work when rulers are active. The problem has existed since the first release of Illustrator 25 and has not yet been fixed. If I create a new document without rulers everything works, when I activate the rulers the view automatically switches to CPU mode I use illustrator on an iMac Pro with mojave 10.14.6.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AI loses GPU support when using rulers or accessing grouped elements

Hello @ Adobe!
    Both of my macs (Big Sur, latest updates) show the same reproducible bug with Adobe Ai Version 25 (incl. 25.2): GPU support works just fine when I open a new document and start from scratch. Turning on Rulers or accessing grouped elements by double click instantly turns off GPU support wich I cannot turn back on. After that Ai responds slowly and overall it’s no pleasure to work with. To fix this I need to make sure that in a document all rulers and guides are switched off/deleted. With these measures I can reopen the document and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Whenever I enter Outline mode(Ctrl+Y), Illustrator turn into 'view using CPU mode

I can reproduce this bug on my rig. Whenever I enter outline mode(Ctrl+Y), illustrator, initially using GPU to render the artwork, turn into using CPU. And it stay there even I exit the outline mode.

• The only thing to fix it is close the file and open it again. It's getting annoying pretty quickly(part of it because 'View using CPU' performance is abysmal and sluggish. My CPU has 6 cores 12 thread, not top of the line, but not cheap model either.

-I also found that it's not only about the outline mode that cause this, but other reason as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GPU Preview rendering incorrectly

Having issues with text and some compound paths acting like they are open paths when previewing with GPU. Viewing in CPU preview renders correctly.
    We have had this issue on both 2017 iMacs and new Windows 10 machines.

Adobe Illustrator 25.2
    Windows 10
    Nvidia RTX 2070 Super (457.07 drivers)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. GPU Preview rendering incorrectly

Having issues with text and some compound paths acting like they are open paths when previewing with GPU. Viewing in CPU preview renders correctly.
    We have had this issue on both 2017 iMacs and new Windows 10 machines.

Adobe Illustrator 25.2
    Windows 10
    Nvidia RTX 2070 Super (457.07 drivers)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base