Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ghost shadows/projections when isolating a group

Sometimes when isolating a group (double clicking) and zooming in, a strange ghost offset projection across all the screen appears, and it slides across the screen when dragging through the workspace.
    I remember it used to happen in Ai 2019, stopped happening in Ai 2020 and now it came back. BUT I have not had this issue occurred between the Ai 2021 release and the macOS Big Sur update so I am not sure what the cause could be, and that's what's tricky, it only happens SOMETIMES and I haven't found any pattern about it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. transparent objects artifacts

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G7016), GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 775M, Illustrator v 25.1

With GPU Performanse selected i have an issiue with transparent objects containing concave curves. It doesn't matter if object have gradient or color fill, just any filled object with opacity less than 100. Any concave curve being doubled with line-like artifacts shown on attached image

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Real time function disappears

realtime feature disappears when rulers are enabled in Illustrator 25.1 (Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Overheating?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Fan goes into overdrive each time I open any of the newly updated Adobe Aps (example Illustrator 25.0.1) Going back to previous versions fixes the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't finish previewing. Could not complete the requested operation.

I applied a pattern to a stroke by accident and received this error. I'm using v25.0.1 on a PC with 16 gb RAM and a dedicated graphics card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can't finish previewing. Could not complete the requested operation.

I applied a pattern to a stroke by accident and received this error. I'm using v25.0.1 on a PC with 16 gb RAM and a dedicated graphics card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can't finish previewing. Could not complete the requested operation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cant see object while moving it with selection tool

When Real-Time Drawing and Editing feature is turned ON - Objects wit no fill and no stroke become completely invisible when dragging with the Selection tool.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Illustrator 2020 laggy and slow on the simplest of tasks

Illustrator 2020 is really laggy and slow, only when completing simple tasks like colour picking, moving art-boards, selecting different objects, or even just wanting to zoom in or out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

12. Artefacts while dragging anchor

After having drawing a polyline and drag one of the corners to a new position there appears black artefact shapes.

Windows 10
    Illustrator 25.0.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Graphics Errors in Big Sur

I have a brand new Mac Mini 2020, just released. I have been having weird glitches with graphics rendering, and I found this post
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40978006-macos-big-sur-rendering-bug

Looks like it has been closed for commenting, and blame on Beta. However, I still have the issue. I am on Big Sur 11.0.1 on a brand new machine running AI 2021

I took advice and disable GPU Performance, and it seems to be working now.

Just a heads up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. lagscreen trail when I move the shapes around or when I use the quick hand tool

I think my Illustrator 25.0 has an issue with GPU rendering as it randomly starts leaving that "rendering" trace when I move something or when I use the quick hand tool and it only works fine if I close and reopen the document. I am using a Lenovo Yoga and Windows 10. Attached below is a screenshot of the error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. guide disapear

When the option "Real-time drawing and editing" is activated, the guides disapear when we move them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ghosting while object move not working in GPU mode?

Since Illustrator 25 there is no ghosting effect when moving objects. What have you done again Adobe?
    CPU is not working properly with iMac PRO(!) and GPU does not show basic feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ghosting while object move not working in GPU mode?

Singe Illustrator 25 there is no ghosting effect when moving objects. What have you done again Adobe?
    CPU is not working properly with iMac PRO(!) and GPU does not show basic feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ghosting while object move not working in GPU mode?

Singe Illustrator 25 there is no ghosting effect when moving objects. What have you done again Adobe?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Animated zoom malfunction

Hi guys,

I am using a Windows 10 rig, fully patched inkl. all drivers and the latest Adobe product versions. Here's the spec of my rig:

• Core i7 4700K

• 32 GB RAM

• Geforce GTX 770 2 GB GDDR

• SSD Disk

My issue is a malfunction of animated zoom. Normally I am using STRG + SPACEBAR and my mouse to zoom in and out. In small Ai projects with a small amount of layers it works fine.

But, if I illustrate a car, with hundreds of layers at a special moment the animated zoom doesn't work anymore. If I use STRG…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base