2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is not enough memory available to process the appearance of an object

Mac os MOjave
    Processor 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7
    Memory 8gb
    Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1526 MB

Illustrator 23.0.4

I'm getting an error message (There is not enough memory available to process the appearance of an object) when I open a file or create a new file in Illustrator. After I close the document, everything in illustrator gets greyed out and I have to force quit to close illustrator. I have to repeat this open and force quitting several times before I could get a document to work as normal. Could you please advise if there's a fix for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Units revert back to inches.

When changing units from INCHES to i.e. PICAS, units are reverted back to INCHES at next startup - guys... work on this please!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard Switching and Zoom Level

Zoom level should be maintained when switching between artboards, whether it be by clicking between them in the Artboards panel, CMD+PgUp / CMD+PgDwn or in the status bar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Snap to point doesnt work anymore like illustrator 7???? whats up?

Illustrator CC18 wont snap to a box rule... like illustrator 17 does ? what up, please fix ASAP

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Minor Bug (Smart Guides on/off)

When opening/creating a new document,

the View > Smart Guides will be checked on. But they are not actually on. You have to turn them on/off a couple times to actually get them working. At first I thought that they were altered or removed from the last update. Fortunately I figured it out!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

6. Bug when Setting Artboard Ruler Origins

Ai v 22.0.0
    macOS 10.12.6

After updating from CC 2017 to CC 2018, I can now no longer assign individual Artboard Ruler Origins to each Artboard in a document

I use several nested Artboards to control different areas of the same artwork and assign the Ruler Origin of each to the same object. After the update, I can now only assign the ruler origin of one of the nested Artboards to the selected object; the Origin does not change on the others.

I have tried deleting all existing Artboards and then creating them and setting the Ruler Origin one at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Graphics glitch

I am not super advanced when dealing with the inner details of rendering, though I've never had an issue until I upgraded to 2018. attached is screenshot of what I'm seeing and the exported graphics

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New file

There is a bug going on. Click " new file " and nothing happens. Please help me fix this asap

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Documents only shows gray screen when opening.

When opening a document in Illustrator on my iMac is only showing a gray screen. The tab bar has the file name but will not show the artwork in that tab. I can select all the art and copy from that tab and paste in a different tab and the artwork will show up there. Usually the only fix to get this to work is to quit Illustrator and restart it. This only works for a few documents and then it starts all over again. I just updated to the newest version yesterday 8/21/2019.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move objects always moves downwards in y direction, behaves fine in x

Selecting an object and hitting ENTER brings up the 'Move' dialog and, for a while now, negative values moved things up and positive values moved things down the y axis. Fair enough, we all got used to it. As of today, things behave differently and everything is always moved up, unless I adjust the angle in the two entry fields below. Please see attached GIF.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why can't I select and deslect multiple layers with shift& alt anymore?

Oh this drives me crazy,... I suddenly can't select multiple layers by holding down the shift key. And deselecting with alt isn't working either.

Does anyone know how to solve this because I can't work this way.
    I already restarted, did an extra update, nothing seems to help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Files preview sticks after opening multiple documents

After having a couple of documents open for roughly an hour, I go to open a new document as well. However, after clicking to open this document I am presented with the preview of the document that was already open in the background.

Now when I click on any one of the three documents in illustrator they all show the same preview. You can see in the screen shots, three different documents showing the same preview.

I have to close Illustrator down and reopen it. This happens Multiple times a day and is disrupting my workflow immensely.

I am running…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Align Units

Hello,

Illustrator 23.0.2. I use "cm" units in whole software, but Distribute Spacing right now working only in points...

I think your software is falling down year by year.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Artboard 2 unnecessary

Every new document created has 2 artboards (At least when creating from the 1920x1080 HD video template) Every time I go to export a jpg or png via save for web, it slows to a crawl because of a huge unnecessary artboard. I only want to export the size artboard I created, the HD size. But I have to wait for it to catch up and then cancel, delete the useless artboard, then go back to exporting. The whole process takes several minutes and is infuriating.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artboard names are not saving in CC 22.1 - all artboard names "reset" when save/close

In the new version of Illustrator - CC 22.1 the ARTBOARD NAMES do not save anymore. To reproduce open a new illustrator document, set up 10 artboards, NAME THEM, save the document, close it, re-open the document, the names are GONE. Also, when opening illustrator files that PREVIOUSLY had artboard names, all names are gone. They have been replaced with generic artboard names. To fix the issue switch back to a previous version of illustrator, ie: 20 or below, and the artboard names are back and they stay.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scaling an illustration with grouped guides, the guides do not scale

Scaling an illustration with grouped guides, the guides do not scale, even when guides are unlocked. This feature used to work as recently as earlier versions of Illustrator CC 2017. This is a feature that my team and I relied upon to ensure that the correct white space was honored when releasing artwork to other agencies. I agree that locked guides in general should not scale. But if I create a box, convert it to a guide while unlocked, and group it to a logo or illustration, it should scale with the logo even if guides are locked. Illustrator used…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Extra art boards/re-numbers art boards incorrectly

Some Art boards are being missed out and re-numbered as a repeat of the previous number, see attached images

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Artboart Size arrow key increment not working for the width

when resizing the artboard using the 'Artboard options' panel it is possible to increment the size using the arrow keys, one MM at a time for example. This feature now only works intermittently for the width field. It is still possible to change the number and the artboard will adjust.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us.
    We are working on this issue. We will notify you once this is fixed.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitish Agarwal
    Illustrator Team

19. Deleting Successive Artboards

If you have a list of artboards and try and delete several of them in a row, deleting one will deselect the list. This is not a major issue in most cases, but it is a nuisance when having to quickly delete 40 or more artboards; it doubles the number of commands that need to be inputted before reaching the same result.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base