3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stroke weight defaults to 10pts on oversized custom Artboard

If I create a new document one of the standard sizes, say Letter...then draw and object and apply a stroke...the stroke size defaults to 1pt as it should. However, if I define a new custom oversized artboard, say 500 inches square, then draw and object...when I apply the stroke, the size defaults to 10pts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. no dialog for creating new document

This issue started as soon as Illustrator was updated to version 24.2, basically when working o a document, and you save it and close it, you try to create a new document, but there is no dialog for the new document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OPENING DOCUMENT - additional window opens

An extra blank window opens when opening a document (screenshot added)
    Is this a known issue? is there a solution?

Adobe CC Desktop AI version 24.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bleed settings are not saving with document

Since I updated Illustrator, all of my print documents are not saving the bleed settings. Here is how to replicate the problem:

1) I open an existing print document (.ai format) in Illustrator
    2) Go to File --> Document Setup. I have always had the bleed set to 0.125" (or 3.175 mm) for all borders (top, bottom, left, right), but now they all show zero (0).
    3) I change the bleed to 0.125" on all edges again, then click OK.
    4) I save the document, close the document, then re-open the document
    5) I go to File --> Document Setup,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. blank screen

Blank screen appears before opening a file. App is crashing now and then, nit sure of the trigger yet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keyboard arrow not working in reflect panel

The down arrow works but the up arrow on the keyboard does not. Works fine in all other aspects using Illustrator, just the reflect panel is having issues.

Object > Transform > Reflect

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Missing font doesn't show up

Hi

When I open a document with missing fonts, the texts which without fonts will disappear and they aren't being white! I cannot even see them. It is really causing my problem....

Is it a bug or I can adjust the setting to fix it?

it is CC2020.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Illustrator Recovery-Mode has Turned all my Images Black

I was in the process of saving my original Illustrator file and it froze then crashed, I re-opened the software and it recovered the document but all my images have turned black.

And it's not a links problem, most images are embedded and I have a separate links folder containing the remaining linked images, as you can see there are no missing links.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mutiple profiles & Artboards

Illustrator Version: CC 2019 (23.0.3)
    Mac: Mojave (10.14.2) 5k 27" 32gb Ram

Firstly there are 3 Film & Video profile dropdowns (1. Film & Video, 2. Film and Video, 3. Video and Film). Not sure why.

No matter what general preset I use or artboard size preset I choose I get 2 artboards.

1 artboard is the correct size and the other is basically the complete canvas area.

I am constantly having to delete the 2nd artboard.

Can I stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Convert to profile

It should be possible to convert a documents colors via the same method as in Photoshop or InDesign via "Convert to profile" rather than "Document color mode". The current way makes it hard to correctly convert correctly and nearly impossible to convert an rgb color space to another rgb color space without using cmyk as intermediary step (huge color shifts and color quality loss).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator shows another file's content when opening a new one

If I have one document open and try to open a new one, Illustrator shows the new filename in the newly opened tab but with the OTHER document's content. This was happening in Photoshop too, and now both programs!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cannot open previous files or create new files in Illustrator V.23.0.1

The issue:

Adobe Illustrator won't open or create new files in version 23.0.1

System information:
    Software:
    System Software Overview:
    System Version: macOS 10.14.2 (18C54)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 18.2.0
    Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
    Boot Mode: Normal
    Computer Name: DUBM60286516A
    Username: Julian, John (i313124)
    Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
    System Integrity Protection: Enabled
    Time since boot: 1S40
    Hardware:
    Hardware Overview:
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: 149.0.0.0.0
    SMC…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Move Locked and Hidden Artwork with Artboard" not working

Despite the correct option being selected in Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Choose where to place new artboard

Choose where to place new artboard, like how Illustrator used to act:

Please bring back the ability of a user to control where new artboards appear, rather than Illustrator always putting it next to whatever artboard might be selected or last one made. In earlier versions of Illustrator, users could make a new artboard in any particular location by simply clicking the artboard tool in the paste board.

It is SO frustrating to make a new artboard in some odd location and then have to move it to where you wanted it to be in the first place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Text missing in SVG files

This is the first time trying to use Illustrator since it updated to the newest version (23.0.1) and updating my Mac to High Sierra (10.14). I have previously used Illustrator to edit SVG files, specifically the text in those files. When I open similar SVG files in the new Illustrator, all of my text is missing. My computer is due for a small update which will go through later tonight but this seems like a bug within Illustrator. When I open the SVG in Photoshop 2019 and re-export it as a SVG, I am able to see the text in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. artboard re-naming glitch

The newest version of Illustrator (and previous version) both have a glitch that occurs when trying to re-name artboards in a previously saved document that has multiple artboards. After changing the names of each artboard and then going to "export for screens", the name of the first artboard will revert to it's previous name before exporting. All other artboards will retain their new name. In order to correct this, I must save the file, and then re-name the first artboard a second time and save again. After doing this, all artboards will export correctly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paste on All Artboards Not Working

I have a design on a single artboard. I want to paste it to other artboards to prepare my color separations for screen printing. When I cut the design and select Paste on All Artboards, it pastes the design the correct amount of times...but NOT on the artboards. It pastes them out in the gray area. I have tried different artboard arrangements, and having different artboards active at the time of paste, but the designs still end up not on the artboards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is not clear to me if artboards are of same size or different sizes. When we paste an art we take into account artwork’s relative position from the artwork where it was coped from. I have attached a gif to demonstrate my point. if you look at the second circle it is placed outside of other artboards due to relative position in its original artboard.
    Please contact support if it is not the case – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

19. The Operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [x!fd]

This issue happens with older templates. When I open older files, it gives this message: The Operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [x!fd]. I have a gotten this message in 2017 and Adobe step up to fix the issue, but the previous update and this one still has the issue. I can open these in previous versions of Illustrator. It's really a pain to fix the file as I have to save in Illustrator 8 and then reimport the text as this conversion converts the type to curves. Now to make matters worse if I save the file…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shortcut for 'New File From Template' does not work

1. Illustrator 22.1

2. shift-command-N is the shortcut to open a new file from template

3. Instead of the template folder appearing, to let me pick one of the dozens of templates we use…

4. nothing happen, most of the time. But the "Type" category in the top of screen UI bar gets a highlight, indicating that this template shortcut is calling to some level in the "Type" category instead of the "File" category.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base