Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Values of artboard differes from the values on control panel in artboard mode

1. Create big artboard 5 meter in Normal Mode

2. Activate Increase Cavas Mode

3. Activate artboard mode

4. Enlarge artboard up to maximal size 57 meter with dragging handels

5. The values in control panel are in METERS while in properties panel they are in INCH

Expected result: The must be in the same measuraments value. In METRS as I have choose METERS

It happens when I create artbord after first run.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cannot duplicate or move artboards

Cannot duplicate or move artboards with artwork in Illustrator 2020. Artboard will merely move with the artwork contained when hitting opt+click. Can only duplicate artboards without artwork.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard name not visible on artboard in Artboard mode

Artboard name not visible to me randomly. It was working just fine earlier today Tried reinstalling, installing a previous version, reupdating to the latest version, everything. Nothing seems to be working. I just can't view the artboard on the corresponding artboards! Extremely frustrating

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Window not showing

From the Finder (MacOS X 10.15.4), I open a n illustrator Document. The app comes forward and I see a black screen. The "Window" menu tells me that the document is open BUT where? I don't see it (nope, I don't have a second monitor). Clowe the invisible window and the Window menu shows nothing open. Try again, from the finder and again, no windows look opened. Try from Illustrator, File/Open: same thing, another fail. Quit app, relaunch app by launching doc from the Finder. now the file opens as it should. Close file, try again. Back to the black…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. bug: Artboard name doesn't stick when pasted in directly in the artboard list

The artboard name does not always stick when entering it in the following manner:
    - in the artboards panel create a new artboard via the [+] icon
    - double-click the title to be able to edit the name
    - paste in the name
    - hit enter

The name shows in the panel, but when clicking the artboard icon at the right of the name the artboard settings panel opens with the old name still showing. If not editing the name here also the name will revert back to the old name after opening and closing another file.

The video shows…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SVG arc path without whitespace standard syntax broken

When an arc is described using a missing whitespace, which is perfectly valid SVG syntax, it will not be rendered correctly in Illustrator. This was discovered with SVG files compressed by SVGO 1.3+ and later which has the arc path optimisation by default.

This syntax should work as it is a standard part of the SVG specification and is rendered correctly by all major web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

In the attached example an arc is written as:

a.65.65 0 011.109-.459

The string 011.109 contains 3 values:

1 (a boolean is required here, it cannot be 11.109) …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Artboard renaming reset

When renaming an artboard that was just created, whether from scratch or as a copy of an existing one, it appears renamed in the "Artboards" panel but not on the actual artboard's label on the workplace (visible when the Artboard tool is selected).

When switching the "Artboards" panel off (for example by switching it to the "Layers" panel), and then opening it back, we can then see the old artboard's name and rename it again. Then only it will work.

This issue happens randomly and not necessarily on every artboard created.

I noticed a similar issue was reported and closed,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Duplicating an Artboard with art on it and then Undoing it, causes crash

if you drag and artboard with art on it while holding option to duplicate, it duplicates fine, but if you Undo, the duplicated artboard remains and you can't delete. sometimes if you try and select the artboard illustrator will crash. the only way to update is to reopen the affected file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Since we are not able to reproduce the issue in house , Kindly provide the following information to nail down the issue further :
    Kindly provide the machine details and the illustrator version with which the issue is happening .
    Kindly provide the test file and test steps to help us reproducing the issue .

It would be very helpful if you can provide the video recording to reproduce the steps .
    Kindly share the above details ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file . Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of mail .

Regards,
    Pooja Garg
    Illustrator Team

9. Artboard > Fit to Artwork Bounds with clipping mask and raster effects

Resizing an artboard with Artboard Options -> Preset -> Fit to Artwork Bounds doesn't honor clipping masks or raster effects. The new artboard size includes artwork hidden by clipping mask, and excludes raster effects such as drop shadows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disappearing artboards in Illustrator 24.0.3

I created a bunch of artboards and put logotypes (word logos) in them, exported each artboard as separate SVGs, closed the file. When I opened the file the next time, only my first artboard still remained but all my artboards I created after that were gone. This is disruptive because I need to keep the placement of all of the graphics in those artboards consistent as they are going to appear on the same baseline in our product. This is not the first time this has happened to me! I can't attach an image as the content cannot be public…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 'Preview' instantly applies effect or operation

If I go to any dialogue box that has a 'preview' option, the effect is applied as soon as the box is checked. If I then click 'cancel' the effect is still applied. Altering the parameters applies the new value to the previously applied value.

For example, I draw and box and open the Scale options. With 'preview' selected, I change the value from 100% to 200% and then to 150%. The box is scaled to 350% in total.

Also, the Recolour Artwork box will only allow me to change a colour once. Again, applying the change instantly even if…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Snap to grid doesn't work at artboard edge

When moving objects / vertices, they snap to the artboard edge and move freely without aligning to the grid.

Although this was supposedly fixed before, it is now broken again (version 23.1). Please see the following ticket for the issue:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/33058219-snap-to-grid-doesn-t-work-at-artboard-edges

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AN UNKNOWN ERROR HAS OCCURED

WINDOWS 10, ENTERPRISE

I WAS WORKING ON A FILE, AND HAVE BEEN SAVING FILE REGULARLY IN BETWEEN. BUT ON ONE ART BOARD WHEN AM PLACING AN OBJECT, I AM NOT ABLE TO SAVE THE FILE . ERROR POPS UP. I TRIED TO SNIP THE OBJECT AND PLACED IT AS IMAGE STILL ERROR IS POPPING.
    I TRIED LOCKING AND UNLOCKING LAYERS, NO USE.
    AND IF I REMOVE TAT FROM ART BOARD, I AM ABLE TO SAVE. WHAT SORT OF ERROR IS THAT, AM NOT UNDERSTANDING.
    THIS IS LIKE THE FILE HAS REACHED A LIMIT, IF WE ADD ONE MORE OBJECT OR…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Panels, windows not updating or displaying correctly

Finding this bug a lot recently. Basically I will be working in a file and the tool panels won't display, you can right click and see the the pop ups but nothing appears. likewise if you have two or more documents open and switch between them, the screen stays the same. It says I'm on the new document but it doesn't change. the only way to fix it is to close and restart the program. I also get it with photoshop. both at work and home. I'm essentially running the same software/hardware at either site. 27" iMac 16gb - 32gb…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wrong starting format measures ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR IN CREATIVE CLOUD

WRONG STARTING SIZES B FORMAT IN ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR

B4 size is 250x353mm
    and
    B5 size is 176x250mm

I was keep getting wrong printed formats because i was just pressing given model without carefully lookout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Artboard sizes off by a pixel

When I manually move an artboard around it doesn't land on an exact pixel position. When I export all artboards, the size is one pixel extra than my specified artboard size. When I go back to my file, I see the position (X or Y axis) has a decimal. Is there a way I can change my settings so the artboards are ALWAYS at an exact pixel position?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Duplicated artboards containing Export Assets link to the new artwork not the original

As the title says, Assets in the Export panel move from the original artboard and become linked to the new artwork on the duplicated artboards. Subsequently when you remove any artwork from the new artboard, you inadvertantly remove the asset from the Export panel.

Methodology:
    Duplicate an artboard (which contains an asset in the export assets panel) via the Alt-drag method. Ensure the move/copy artwork option is enabled. Delete the new copy of the artwork/asset on the new artboard, and the asset is removed from the export panel.

Expected behaviour:
    Any link to/connection to export assets should be retained by…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cambria text & large text cursor

Looks like this was happening in 2017 as well... when using Cambria font, the cursor is 2 or 3 times as large as it should be when editing text. Makes highlighting & editing multiple rows almost impossible. I'd attach a file but others have shown the same thing already and it's simply a text box with Cambria text and a huge cursor. Text size is 11, height set at 13. In the same document but a text box using BonvenoCF, the cursor is the right height.
    Macbook Pro Mojave 10.14.5
    Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.4

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cannot double click to open an AI document, or open a smart object from Photoshop

If Illustrator is closed, I can double-click on a file name, or a smart object in photoshop, and the file will open in Illustrator. If Illustrator is open this is not possible. My workaround has been to open the file from within Illustrator (tedious, but doable). However, there is no workaround to open a photoshop smart object. So I literally have to close Illustrator each and every time I want to open and edit a smart object. At first I thought this had to do with having objects on the clipboard, but even after clearing the clipboard this is still…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base