1. Illustrator crashes when adding an art board

Illustrator crashes when adding an art board

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "File --> New" or "Ctrl+N" fails to create new file in Illustrator 22.0.1 (64-bit)

After opening Illustrator, I'm only able to open existing files. Trying to create a new file by clicking "File --> New" in the menu, or clicking "Ctrl+N" results in a brief pause, but no new artboard or new file appears.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Changing the default unit setting revert back to point to inch.

I can't change the default units. When I change the unit in General from inc to Point. Illustrator reverts it back to the inc again when I restart the illustrator. This is super annoying. Please don't need to upgrade the feature of illustrator just fix the existing ones and give us a bug-free application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No align on Artboart option for Forms

No align on Artboart option for Forms.
    In the new properties Panel if you select some custom form you get the alignment stuff, including the option to switch between "align on artboard and align on selection".
    If you select an Standard Form e.g. a circle you get no option alignment tools in the properties panel and you also have no option in the alignment window to select if you want to align on artboard or selection.

The properties Panel should have the possibility to align all elements, forms and so on.
    Also as a backup you should include the possibility…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can only open 1 Ai file at a time

Can only open one Ai file at a time. If current Ai file open is open in Illustrator and you try to open another file concurrently through all means, it will not open. The only way around this is to open each file in a different version of Illustrator, or completely close Ai to open the new file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Snap To Grid not aligns with grid

AI version 24.2.1

OS Catalina 10.15.5

When Snap to Grid is selected, the points that the pen and shape tools snap to are not on the grid. They are slightly off. It is impossible to get points exactly on the grid. I've attached a file that shows where points snap to. These shapes were drawn with Snap to Grid on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. during creation of new document is lacking with centimeters or millimeters in the drop down menu

during creation of new document is lacking with centimeters or millimeters in the drop down menu, please add or fix the bug, thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New display issue with v 24.2

Illustrator doesn't display the proper/selected file. For example, if I have file A open, and I open file B, it will either show as blank or will display file A. When I detach file B from the tab bar, file B displays correctly. When I reattach file B to the tab bar it is either blank or displays file A again, even though file B (0r C or D, etc.) is selected.

These files all displayed and functioned properly before upgrading.

Attached are my basic computer specs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Values of artboard differes from the values on control panel in artboard mode

1. Create big artboard 5 meter in Normal Mode

2. Activate Increase Cavas Mode

3. Activate artboard mode

4. Enlarge artboard up to maximal size 57 meter with dragging handels

5. The values in control panel are in METERS while in properties panel they are in INCH

Expected result: The must be in the same measuraments value. In METRS as I have choose METERS

It happens when I create artbord after first run.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. cannot duplicate or move artboards

Cannot duplicate or move artboards with artwork in Illustrator 2020. Artboard will merely move with the artwork contained when hitting opt+click. Can only duplicate artboards without artwork.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Artboard name not visible on artboard in Artboard mode

Artboard name not visible to me randomly. It was working just fine earlier today Tried reinstalling, installing a previous version, reupdating to the latest version, everything. Nothing seems to be working. I just can't view the artboard on the corresponding artboards! Extremely frustrating

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Window not showing

From the Finder (MacOS X 10.15.4), I open a n illustrator Document. The app comes forward and I see a black screen. The "Window" menu tells me that the document is open BUT where? I don't see it (nope, I don't have a second monitor). Clowe the invisible window and the Window menu shows nothing open. Try again, from the finder and again, no windows look opened. Try from Illustrator, File/Open: same thing, another fail. Quit app, relaunch app by launching doc from the Finder. now the file opens as it should. Close file, try again. Back to the black…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. bug: Artboard name doesn't stick when pasted in directly in the artboard list

The artboard name does not always stick when entering it in the following manner:
    - in the artboards panel create a new artboard via the [+] icon
    - double-click the title to be able to edit the name
    - paste in the name
    - hit enter

The name shows in the panel, but when clicking the artboard icon at the right of the name the artboard settings panel opens with the old name still showing. If not editing the name here also the name will revert back to the old name after opening and closing another file.

The video shows…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SVG arc path without whitespace standard syntax broken

When an arc is described using a missing whitespace, which is perfectly valid SVG syntax, it will not be rendered correctly in Illustrator. This was discovered with SVG files compressed by SVGO 1.3+ and later which has the arc path optimisation by default.

This syntax should work as it is a standard part of the SVG specification and is rendered correctly by all major web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

In the attached example an arc is written as:

a.65.65 0 011.109-.459

The string 011.109 contains 3 values:

1 (a boolean is required here, it cannot be 11.109) …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Duplicating an Artboard with art on it and then Undoing it, causes crash

if you drag and artboard with art on it while holding option to duplicate, it duplicates fine, but if you Undo, the duplicated artboard remains and you can't delete. sometimes if you try and select the artboard illustrator will crash. the only way to update is to reopen the affected file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Since we are not able to reproduce the issue in house , Kindly provide the following information to nail down the issue further :
    Kindly provide the machine details and the illustrator version with which the issue is happening .
    Kindly provide the test file and test steps to help us reproducing the issue .

It would be very helpful if you can provide the video recording to reproduce the steps .
    Kindly share the above details ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file . Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of mail .

Regards,
    Pooja Garg
    Illustrator Team

18. Artboard > Fit to Artwork Bounds with clipping mask and raster effects

Resizing an artboard with Artboard Options -> Preset -> Fit to Artwork Bounds doesn't honor clipping masks or raster effects. The new artboard size includes artwork hidden by clipping mask, and excludes raster effects such as drop shadows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 'Preview' instantly applies effect or operation

If I go to any dialogue box that has a 'preview' option, the effect is applied as soon as the box is checked. If I then click 'cancel' the effect is still applied. Altering the parameters applies the new value to the previously applied value.

For example, I draw and box and open the Scale options. With 'preview' selected, I change the value from 100% to 200% and then to 150%. The box is scaled to 350% in total.

Also, the Recolour Artwork box will only allow me to change a colour once. Again, applying the change instantly even if…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base