3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Touch Workspace Inconsistent

I have a Dell XPS 15 9570; it's more laptop than tablet, but it does have some touchscreen functionality.

When I first launched Illustrator on this device, I had the option to use touch mode, which was awesome.

For some reason though, it is no longer accessible. I've checked the workspaces menu, window>wirkspaces, etc. Nothing. There's not external keyboard connected (the laptop has a built in keyboard), I've restarted illustrator, I've tried different document types, I've switched my OS between tablet mode and laptop mode... nothing.

I'd really like to be able to use this mode again. Any advice?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video Rulers not correct (and useless ;-)

While I don't really need the Video Rulers , they do not seem to work well. (Rulers are a quite skeuomorphic tool anyway, since with Ai we can place everything numerically)

The horizontal axis does not reflect the horizontal pixelnumbers, illustrated in the screenshot, where a 1920 wide artboard is shown to have 1440 pixels in the width by the ruler. Maybe due to some non square pixel setting. Confusing and unneeded?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pixel number inconsistency

Windows 10? (most recent and just updated yesterday)
    Illustrator 22.1 (64bit)

When I told Illustrator to create an artboard of 350x350 pixels, I thought it could actually do so. That was the template image size that our web designer propogated across our entire website.

Then I exported 11 images from Illustrator to .png format to re-build one of our webpages. They came out as 1459x1459. Now I will resize them in Microsoft Paint. They'll pixelate and probably look like trash. All because Illustrator can't understand "350 pixels x 350 pixels" on the Create New prompt window.

Flaming dumpster fire. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. .AI an d XD files not opened by default on Windows 10

Ashutosh Chaturvedi, sorry but one of your issues is not totally fixed, you have many users who are waiting for an answer for the .ai an wd files wich are supposed to by opened by default by thèse two softwares by double-clicking. This issue is not fixed on Windows 10. Thank you for your time and you answer ASAP.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Before you do that are you manually able to change file association of .ai file to another application say Notepad.exe ? There is another issue with file association going around. Please check this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-broke-windows-10s-file-associations-with-a-botched-update/

5. Zoom differs when overprint preview is off..

When overprint preview is off magnify is from center point when overprint preview is on magnify is a area box. wth!?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Project Screen Overflows Window

When I create a new document in Illustrator (either by clicking "Create New" or by using Ctrl-N), the New Project screen overflows the window so that the document setup bar is cut off. When the window is smaller, the leftmost edge of the bar is visible; when the window is fullscreen, none of the bar is visible. (See attached screenshots.)

This has been going on for several weeks. I have tried restarting Illustrator and restarting my whole computer, but neither helps.

I am running Illustrator 22.6 on a Windows 10 laptop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Screen showing wrong file despite clicked in the correct one.

I opened a large file, while having a couple other docs open. My screen still shows the original doc in my window, with complete capability to edit, select, and pan, but is showing that I'm clicked into the new drawing at the top tab. This is a fundamental flaw to file opening that is only resolved by restarting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Art file and screen?

When i open a art file the screen is black and the art work is locked?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Illustrator issues, SVG only?

When using CC (updated to v. 23), illustrations appear distorted when rendered with stylesheet. During troubleshooting, I open a colleague's SVG illustration in CS6 as well as CC v.23 and compare. See attachments. CC distorts both content size and artboard size. We never had this issue with CS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Size of objects have changed when opening old CC 2018 ai documents in CC 2019

When opening an old CC 2018 document in CC 2019 my object has changed dimensions, only by small increments, but they have changed in size nonetheless. I am a packaging designer and the exact sizes are important when creating packaing for printer templates and has been frustrating having to change the dimensions on all my documents. Is there a fix for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Artboard border obstructs topmost and leftmost rows of pixels at 100% zoom

In AI CC 2018 and 2019, on Windows 10 Home 64 bit, the black border of artboards overlaps the top row and left column of pixels in the image when zoomed to 100%. (For 2019, Pixel Preview must be on to properly see this because of https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/35736118-100-view-is-not-100-for-pixels-in-cc2019)

The attached screenshot shows a 16x11px artboard zoomed way in on the left, and at 100% on the right, plus an 8x version I added so it can be seen better. Clearly part of the white outline is obstructed by the the black border of the artboard. Not good!

So, basically, it's…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently selected artboard not automatically highlighted as per normal

Running Mac 10.13.6 and AI 22.1

In all previous versions of Illustrator the artboard you are currently on remains highlighted so you know which on you are on.

In this version, the artboard is only highlighted while working in it. If I click into a menu item (say 'Object') then the highlighted artboard disappears and I no longer know which one I am on. Clicking on the blank artboard, which usually highlights that clicked on artboard, doesn't work. The only work around is to click onto another artboard and then back to the first. I've had this issue maybe 6…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When drag-copying an artboard, the original artboard remains selected. v 22.1

Bug: When drag-copying an artboard, the original artboard remains selected. v 22.1

Idea: When drag-copying an artboard, the new artboard is selected and the original artboard is de3selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Guides preventing "Delete Empty Artboard"

1. Mac OS 10.12.6

2. Delete art from artboards try to delete empty artboard

3. Expect empty artboards to be deleted

4. Nothing

If I delete guides that cross those empty artboards, artbaords can be deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artboard resizing bug

Artboard bug causes a wrong or erraticaly behavior. Just trying to change the artboard height and when I click [ok] and check it again, the value remains the same. Please, check the movie.
    This time I have it on video, but this issue remains until the first CC version, maybe more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Align Not Working

Found the solution to the problem.
    Search carefuly what you have grouped together. If you have a guide grouped in your object then it wont aling. Find the guide and ungroup it from your object.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. secondary view moves when editing text

OSX 10.13.5, Illustrator 22.1.

When I have two windows open on the same document and start editing text, the inactive window will recenter its view on wherever my text cursor is.

Reproduction:

1. Open a new document

2. Draw something off on the side of it

3. Zoom in on this thing

4. view>new window

5. arrange both windows so you can see them at once

6. recenter the new window far away from the thing you drew in step 2

7. in the window that's not showing the thing you drew in step 2 make a new text box, or create a new point type object
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Applying a new graphic style duplicates paths into hidden groups

This is a severe bug that ruins SVG export by creating multiple copies of the same paths after switching graphic styles.

I believe something caused a created graphic style that should have only had a simple fill to create copies of the path when applied to paths.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Minor layer color bug

If you have a layer twirled open with a custom layer color and you switch to a new layer color the child objects don't change color in the layer panel. They do show up if you twirl up and down the layer contents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator | Free Template Download Error

1-Adobe Illustrator CC 2018
    2-Trying to download free template from print tab
    3-I expected the template to download like all the other templates I have downloaded
    4-I got an error message
    5-This is a screenshot of my error message

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base